• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds The stamina meter is Marring the Bow. Problem?

Salem

SICK
Which I'm sure Nintendo will accommodate for. They got it right with the latest game. Why would they all of a sudden go back to getting it wrong?
Nintendo in general sometimes gets things wrong in a sequel after getting it right in the previous game, I mean look at Fi, Midna interrupted the game less than Navi, but than they made Fi a never ending chatter box.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Nintendo in general sometimes gets things wrong in a sequel after getting it right in the previous game, I mean look at Fi, Midna interrupted the game less than Navi, but than they made Fi a never ending chatter box.

The difference here is that didn't really get anything right with Midna other than being a good character. As a helper, she was pretty useless. Fi was pretty much the polar opposite, not being that great of a character, but giving an overdose of information... which actually wouldn't have been a problem had there been voice acting, since she wouldn't have had to break up the gameplay.

When it comes TO gameplay, however, I've never seen Nintendo fix a problem only to muck it up later on. They certainly stumbled with numerous franchises going from the N64 to the GameCube, but that was rectified with the Wii, and the 3DS looks to be picking up an even faster pace than the DS with its already stellar library, and given how flippin' awesome the games revealed for the Wii U look, I think it's safe to say its doing the same thing in comparison to the Wii.

I'm really not worried about rupee use in A Link Between Worlds. I can see there being less of an emphasis on purchases, but I doubt things will go back to the days prior to Skyward Sword. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident in my judgement.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I'm not going to listen to nintendo's words from now on. From now, I'm only going to listen to their actions cause that speaks louder than their words. I've already decided that I'm not going to get ALBW and Zelda U cause they just don't sound like they're going to be of the Zelda canon that we know of. Seriously I have this bad feeling that later on, Nintendo will end up confirming that ALBW is a reboot a ALttP and the first installment to a Zelda reboot. Nintendo is trolling us with this "ALttP sequel" thing when the game doesn't even make sense as a sequel by far, it's too illogical. I never wanted things to end up this way with Zelda but, let's face it, Zelda is absolutely at the verge of death here and almost too late to do anything about it. :(

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'm not going to listen to nintendo's words from now on. From now, I'm only going to listen to their actions cause that speaks louder than their words. I've already decided that I'm not going to get ALBW and Zelda U cause they just don't sound like they're going to be of the Zelda canon that we know of. Seriously I have this bad feeling that later on, Nintendo will end up confirming that ALBW is a reboot a ALttP and the first installment to a Zelda reboot. Nintendo is trolling us with this "ALttP sequel" thing when the game doesn't even make sense as a sequel by far, it's too illogical. I never wanted things to end up this way with Zelda but, let's face it, Zelda is absolutely at the verge of death here and almost too late to do anything about it. :(

3p5ifz.jpg

Dimooshky

The Mauve Avenger
I think it's quite cool, and change should always be accepted. For all we know there might be a perfectly valid reason for the meter, it could be a magic bow that needs no quiver...maybe? But apart from the meter that video has made me want it even more, the fire rod in ALttp is just...boom...in this it's KABBOOOSHSHSHHAAAAAAAAAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAAMAAMAMAMADEEWOOOPP. Looks fun.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
well i guess your not a true fan if your not willing to give the games a chance remember change is not always bad

Salem

SICK
The difference here is that didn't really get anything right with Midna other than being a good character. As a helper, she was pretty useless. Fi was pretty much the polar opposite, not being that great of a character, but giving an overdose of information... which actually wouldn't have been a problem had there been voice acting, since she wouldn't have had to break up the gameplay.

When it comes TO gameplay, however, I've never seen Nintendo fix a problem only to muck it up later on. They certainly stumbled with numerous franchises going from the N64 to the GameCube, but that was rectified with the Wii, and the 3DS looks to be picking up an even faster pace than the DS with its already stellar library, and given how flippin' awesome the games revealed for the Wii U look, I think it's safe to say its doing the same thing in comparison to the Wii.

I'm really not worried about rupee use in A Link Between Worlds. I can see there being less of an emphasis on purchases, but I doubt things will go back to the days prior to Skyward Sword. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident in my judgement.
I'll give you that, SS made the rupees actually useful, but you know what? Even if the stamina meter wasn't used for the bow and bombs, I don't remember buying bombs and arrows that often, because dungeons already are very generous with the quantities we need, so you could say they being more "upfront" the fact that we almost never run out of important items. only this time, they leave nothing for the shopkeepers to sell, besides maybe upgrades and new items, we'll just wait and see.

Isn't almost every Zelda games is kind of reboot of the series? SO wither it's a reboot or not, it doesn't even matter in the first place since the games don't refer to each other too much, except with a few exemptions like WW, PH etc....

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I'll give you that, SS made the rupees actually useful, but you know what? Even if the stamina meter wasn't used for the bow and bombs, I don't remember buying bombs and arrows that often, because dungeons already are very generous with the quantities we need, so you could say they being more "upfront" the fact that we almost never run out of important items. only this time, they leave nothing for the shopkeepers to sell, besides maybe upgrades and new items, we'll just wait and see.

If anything, you're helping me prove my point. :)

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
I feel really bad for people who can't enjoy games like I do. Me an the other people on this website will buy ALBW and enjoy it, but people like you are unable to. It really sucks :/
thank you why don't you just look on the good parts and the bad parts new power new story return of link to the past world return of dark worlds bad stamina replacing item currency only 1 bad thing.

Salem

SICK
If anything, you're helping me prove my point. :)
I just wanted to look at a possible bad side to this stamina thingie, since no one else mentioned it, I though I had to bring it up.

thank you why don't you just look on the good parts and the bad parts new power new story return of link to the past world return of dark worlds bad stamina replacing item currency only 1 bad thing.
I don't understand what did you say.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao

It's a new power that looks lame. We don't know anything about the story, but we can trust there will be tons of plotholes. Returning to the dark world is awesome. Stamina replacing ammunition is just ridic and nonsensical, even for Zelda. So not all positives in your eyes will be positives in other's! Let people have their opiniona nd just duke it out until ZeldaBLT releases, at which time you can begin playing the game rather than arguing. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
we should at least wait till the game comes out so you can see videos and see if u wanna buy ut
I agree and disagree. On one hand, I can make whatever pre-conceived judgments I please. On the other, it'd be better to see the extent - or experience it myself - before I judge it all the way through. :yes: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom