• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Was Link Captured As a Wolf? Why Was Ordon Even Raided?

Salem

SICK
Okay so I know in TP, Hyrule castle was under control of Zant and he gives orders to the Bulblins, right? That's why Wolf Link was imprisoned in the Castle.

Here's what I don't understand, why did the Bulblins capture Link as a wolf and imprison him in the first place? Why did they kidnap the children of Ordon village? Wasn't their goal to do something to the spring, so why bother to kidnap the children and Link?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd chalk it all up to "Zant wanted power". You know, he wanted to rule a land - and not just the Twilight Realm. :yes:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Because it makes perfect sense to kidnap children from one town only to drop them off in another town basically unharmed!

The reason they took Link after he turned into a wolf was because they probably knew the Twili legend that says the hero becomes a wolf. If I recall correctly, Zelda mentioned that legend when you meet her in Hyrule Castle. (By the way, it was a shadow beast who took Link, not the Bulblins.) The reason the Bulblins raided the town was probably just to stir up mayhem and distract the townspeople long enough for them to attack the spirit in Ordon Spring and plunge that province into twilight. That's just my guess, though.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Well Link was obviously an intruder when he was sucked into the curtain of twilight, so that would explain why he was imprisoned. As for the children, I'm sure they were a hindrance to the Bulbins, so they captured them so they'd stay out of the way. As for why Ordon was raided is simple: for power. Zant wanted control, but it clearly went to his head. Why not rule the entire world instead of just one kingdom?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hmm this is a good question you have raised.

It could be just for plot's sake but if we think like that then this would close down most discussions. Kink Bulblin was originally ordered by Zant as a number tow of sorts to attack the provinces across Hyrule. Even this isn't confirmed, I think that's just common knowledge -- King Bulblin also attempted to summon Shadow Beasts by the Spring before he departed, so he was sent to create a portal in which the Shadow Beasts would then later steal the light from Ordona. Why he attacked the village and kidnapped the children? Well the "blin" race are known for mindless destruction and harm, I would say they're pretty unintelligent and just do things for the sake of causing harm. Thus why they kidnapped the children to cause distress and maybe they like that as a delicacy, but that's going into a weirder more darker direction I know.

Why Link got kidnapped, well I think that's simple, a Wolf is a predator, it's general consensus that they're dangerous. The Shadow Beasts must have known that he wasn't aligned with Zant's forces so they decided to imprison the beast while he was unconscious and of no threat. Plus they must have known that Humans/Hylians turned into spirits when coming into contact with the Twilight, Link did not. They must have seen this as a sign of sorts, think, of you were a typical "bad guy" and you saw a person survive something that no other one could and then turn into a beast, wouldn't you be a bit wary? Either that or they were ore warned of such a legend.

Salem

SICK
Okay if they knew somehow about the Wolf hero legend thingie, then why not kill him right there?

About the children. I thought it would make more sense for the Bublins to do something like that to punish the people of Ordon village if they tried to rebel or something but they didn't, Zant already controlled the most of the land, what does he want from them besides the Springs' light spirits? So even we assume he lets the Bulblins kidnap random children, then how come we never heard about children being kidnapped from say, Hyrule Castle Town? I really doubt the Bulblins are really "mindless", since their King talked.

So the answer is.... plot?

Last edited:
The legend thing might explain Link... but the kids... it could be they wanted to use them for something but they escaped and were left for dead.

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
The attack on Ordon village and the Wolf sneaking in the night looking for a sword and shield are one of my favourite parts of TP plot, so I did give it a thought while I played. That's what I think:

Link transforms from hylian to wolf in the very hands of a Shadow Beast, having the triforce shining in his hand and everything. I don't have a high opinion on the shadow beasts -since they are twilis transformed to follow orders blindly and in battle they look quite mindless. So, I believe the shadow beast that had Link thought he was a strange creature and maybe his master would want it alive -but he didn't know better. hances are Zant didn't even get to know there was a wolf imprisoned in his dungeons.

The children are a bit more complicated. It could be just something that happens on wars, like said above: either ensuring the village won't raise arms against Zant by capturing their children (really unlikely), or just the bublins enjoying brutalizing peasants, in a children-rated Zelda kind of way: now that Zant is king of hyrule the bublins don't need to fear the soldiers any more and can do things they enjoy like that.

But why so soft damage? Why don't just kill everyone and set the village on fire? Remember what happened to kakariko and to Zora's domain. Kakariko was a rather large and prosperous village, and judging by the houses we could say around 40 people lived there -of whom only three survive; Renado, his daughter and Barnes. The Zora's had their queen executed, and then their whole land was cursed with ice and cold.

If we take the Ordon raid as the standard was to attack springs, we see that firs comes King bublin with some backup to summon the shadow beasts, and then the dark ones come and tear apart the light spirit. Since the attacks on ZD and Kakariko are much worse than in Ordon, where it was incomplete, I'd feel inclined to think it's the Shadow Beast's who do the most damage (we actually are told that in kakariko the shadow beasts massacred an old woman and some men, if I remember it right).

So maybe the Bublins were aiming to create a bit of confusion before the shadow beasts came and slaughtered everyone else. That's Twilight Princess for you. You know, for kids. :D

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Perhaps Ganondorf forbade Zant from killing Link after he was captured because he wanted the honor of doing so himself. Afterall, at the end of Oot, Ganondorf swears to get revenge on Link and Zelda's descendants, and TP Link was confirmed to be OOt's decedent.

As for the children, I think the Bublins did it for their sadistic kicks.

T

TheHeroOf Time

I believe you have the most accurate theory so far.
I would believe it's necessary for the dark Shadow Beasts of the Twilight Realm to need outside help in order to take over an area in Hyrule. So that's where the Bublins come in. After Link is knocked out, the King Bublin blows on a horn. I would assume this would summon the Shadow beasts to enter the light world in order to steal the light spirit. Yet for some reason they don't appear right away. The Ordona Spring Light Spirit is the only one who doesn't lose their light. Conveniently, the Shadow Beasts don't appear until Link reappears as a wolf after warping there after his imprisonment in Hyrule Castle.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
(we actually are told that in kakariko the shadow beasts massacred an old woman and some men, if I remember it right).

So maybe the Bublins were aiming to create a bit of confusion before the shadow beasts came and slaughtered everyone else. That's Twilight Princess for you. You know, for kids. :D
that scene scared the living hell out of me when i was a kid....i can practically hear the song again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom