• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What is Your Favorite Zelda Soundtrack?

What is your favorite Zelda soundtrack?

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AoL

• ALttP

• LA

• OoT

• MM

• OoA

• OoS

• FS

• WW

• FSA

• MC

• TP

• PH

• ST

• SS

• Total voters
What is your favorite Zelda Soundtrack?

Personally, mine is Twilight Princess. It's music sets the stage for an epic game, and fits whats going on near flawlessly. While only a few pieces are orchestraded, when hearing it for the first time you may think that everything was orchestrated.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Best soundtrack to me...let's see.

Skyward Sword's OST does pretty damn well. So I'mma vote that (poll pls).

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I wish the poll were multiple choice. I'd like to vote for both Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. :(

Elaboration?

I love Skyward Sword's soundtrack. Most of the other games are known for their catchy tunes, whereas SS is known more for the orchestration. Featuring very large songs with vast instrumentation, and a wide diversity of musical styles, this soundtrack really is great. From the grand Sky theme to the beautiful Fi's Gratitude, it is certainly a worthy soundtrack for a worthy game.

WindWaker's. I mean, just listen to the WW Symphonic Suite from the Symphony of the Goddess CD. It's one of the few things that have made me tear up with emotion other than sadness. And that suite doesn't even have all the best tracks in the game... I mean, like seriously, the WW OST is a MASTERPIECE.

OoT's soundtrack probably has the most iconic music. TP and SS's are considered comparatively weak by some people, but they have their gems.

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
Dang. I went with Skyward Sword because it is one of my favorite amongst others but overall I think it was the best soundtrack. The music of Skyward Sword was implemented almost flawlessly, each area or moment having its unique piece of music and the music helped portray the emotions felt in game and the emotions that you as a player were meant to feel while playing the game. A good example of this would be Faron Woods theme: here you are new to this whole surface world, but you've sort of got your bearings and are now ready to push off into the vast world of the unknown. The music is light hearted, matching the bright colorful areas mood, somewhat uncertain but curious, giving the impression that Link, while not entirely certain as to what he should do, is driven by a curiosity to push forward and learn about this strange new world. I could go on, but it's late and I need to sleep so... Yeah...

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
I actually think The Minish Cap has the best soundtrack due to the capabilities of the GBA. I really don't think they could have done much better at all. Also it is so epic, even the Minish Settlements, which could have been something peaceful like Kokiri Forest, are intense and adventureeeying :ezlo:

[video=youtube;-5y81pprCY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5y81pprCY8[/video]

Twilight Princess without a doubt. I'm tired of people saying "Oh, this is just MIDI stuff and no real orchestra and therefore sounds like crap". Sure, SS has better "quality"(you know what I mean), because it's a real orchestra, but I thought the songs were pretty boring, and I only liked a few of them(Ballad of The Goddess was my favorite...which was another song backwards...lol).

After TP, I guess the N64 games would come. OoT and MM has some really awesome songs :). But WW also has Dragon Roost Island...

Last edited:
SS for me. Absolutely loved the orchestrated music. The game had a nice mix of different styles of music. From the epic Koloktos/Moldarach battle to the powerful but relaxing Gate of Time theme and the goofy Kikwi theme. The entire soundtrack as a whole is pretty damn good!

Then again, I've only played two Zelda games (the other being TP). :)

I'm also looking forward to listening WW's soundtrack when I get WWHD.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
For me, it's a tie between OoT and MM. I voted for MM though because I feel like the music in that game has more atmosphere and emotion.

Deciding on a single soundtrack I liked better than the rest is a bit difficult for me. When I think of my favorite music from Zelda, several songs come to mind, but they're all from different soundtracks! For example, Ballad of the Wind Fish (LA), Song of Healing (MM), The Great Sea (TWW), Ordon Village (TP), and Ballad of the Goddesses (SS) just to name my top five.

Thinking of music that really fit the game well and enhanced my experience while playing it, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess come to mind. I might be a bit biased toward Majora's Mask since that is my favorite game and I've definitely played it more than TP, but one of the few reasons why TP ranks in the top half of my favorite Zelda titles is the music. I will have to go with TP though, because, for me, that was the most memorable soundtrack of the series. Also, the Twilight Symphony produced by Zelda Reorchestrated (ZREO) is incredible. :yes:

If it were fully orchestrated, I would probably select Twilight Princess. However, I am a classical music nerd and hearing the full orchestral score of Skyward Sword is just, well, stunning. For my taste, the Lanaryu Mining Facility track is one of my favorites ever. I never expected something as lame-sounding as a mine to have such fierce music. (Come to think of it, the TP Goron Mines also have a great soundtrack... weird.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom