• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Who Do You Want As the Zelda U Villain?

Who do you want as the Zelda U villain?

• Ganon/Ganondorf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vaati

• Dark Link

• A previous one-time villain

• A new villain

• Total voters
A new villain. As awesome as Ganondorf is, I want to see a new threat. Something we wouldn't expect.
Dark Link would be cool to see again, but not as a main villain. I could see him more as a tool being used by the main baddie, however big his role in the game is :)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I'd like to see a new villian. No more Ganons, no more Vaatis, no more bleh meh bebeheee. A new, solid, creative villian. Thank you.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Seriously, I don't understand why people keep wanting Ganon as the main villain so much when if you think about it, he is basically an overused villain. I'm glad that Nintendo decided to take breaks from having Ganon as the main villain every once in a while. They've used him to death, hardly giving any of the other villains a chance, especially Dark/Shadow Link, considering he's been mostly a side villain or like in TP, a cameo villain who only appeared one time in that game in a single cutscene. This is why, I personally think the main villain for Zelda Wii U should be Shadow Link since according to TP, he is supposed to be the true leader of Dark Interlopers and the Incarnation that Demise was referring to. Yes, Demise eventually did reincarnate as Ganondorf, however another incarnation of Demise was born within Link, as to those who don't know or weren't paying that much attention, there is a scene in the beginning of SS in the Sealed Temple grounds area first visit part where Link is confronted with Demise in the form of the Imprisoned where Demise seemed to have placed a shadow curse on Link, which is what Demise was referring to when mentioned that Link bound by a curse and that because of that curse an incarnation of his hatred will follow Link's kind as well as maybe Zelda's kind, as he might of done the same to Zelda as well, considering there is such thing as Dark Zelda but it hasn't been confirmed official Zelda canon yet. Anyways in simple words, Demise is reborn as Ganon, the Incarnation of his hatred due to a shadow curse he placed into Link's mind as he was referring to at the end of SS becomes Shadow Link.

I also believe that because of shadow curse placed within Link's mind, this somehow caused the Silent Realm to become corrupted by darkness and overtime it became what is well known as the Twilight Realm from TP, as all that it was missing at that point was civilians, which is where the Interlopers come in. As the Dark Interlopers where slowly yet at the same time actually drastically rising up to power again, as Shadow Link is then fully awakened, leading various other Interlopers, they, the Dark Interlopers began invading the renewed and re-established Hyrule bringing major chaos upon the land, until they then sealed into the Twilight Realm where Shadow Link was born and came from. It is from there on, that the Dark Interlopers began to breed there and establish the Twili civilization. That is what I believe is what the "Era of Chaos" was all about.

Anyways, that is all I have to say for now. I'll speculate more on this another time.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Dark Link, fleshed-out and done right. Give him a full personality, austere dialogue, and cool action sequences. That's what I want to see.

VitaTempusN92

A revamped Ganondorf please.

Haven't they used Ganon enough? Besides, there's a chance Ganon might appear in ALBW anyways. Ganon has been in too many games, it's good Nintendo seems to be considering a long break from using him so much. It's time they give some of the other villains a chance to appear in more games, like oh, I don't know, Shadow Link maybe? Yes, it is possible Ganondorf might appear in Zelda U, however, if Nintendo does have Ganondorf appear in Zelda U, afterwards, that is when they should really take at least a 5-7 game break from using him so they can give some of the other already existent villains in the series a chance, like Shadow Link, Vaati, Dethl, Onox, Veran, Zant, Majora, Thunderbird from Zelda II, Carock from Zelda II, Bellum, Malladus, Twinrova, and some others. I sometimes feel like Ganondorf has stolen the spotlight that some of those other villains could of had in some of these games. To me, Ganondorf has basically become like a troll villain in the series, much like how Bowser has in the Mario series. Nintendo needs to take a break from those two villains in both the Zelda series and the Mario series. There other villains in both Zelda and Mario, I don't see why they would have to keep using same Ganon for Zelda and Bowser for Mario over and over again, I feel it's ruining their reputation by constantly doing that. So that's why I think Nintendo should go with a different villain other than Ganon in Zelda U or at least in another game after, either by having Shadow Link or one of the other existing villains that I mentioned as the villain either for Zelda U or a different game sometime after.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Haven't they used Ganon enough? Besides, there's a chance Ganon might appear in ALBW anyways. Ganon has been in too many games, it's good Nintendo seems to be considering a long break from using him so much.

- No they have not used Ganone nough.
- No, Ganon has not been in too many games.
- No, it is NOT good Nintendo is giving him a break.

My problem with the way Nintendo treats its new villains is that the GOOD ones are relegated minor roles (Majora, Vaati), and the really crappy ones are given the limelight (Ghirahim, Malladus, Bellum, Demise, etc). When you introduce a brand new villain, you need to have a very strong base. Now I know I'm talking about Zelda stories here, but I'm tired of "evil for the sake of evil" villains. The villains that have substance (Majora - whose handle is pure insanity and not "ohh I can be evil so blargh" - and Vaati whose handle was jealousy of being the student and wanting to be the teacher for once) are always put on the backburner, or treated as a pawn. Why is that? Even Zant with his poor ending execution was a decent villain at first.

Anyway my thing now is that I really hope for ZeldaU's villaint o have a strong base. Try not to make them evil because evil. If they ARE evil because they're evil, make them actually DO something. Ravage the land of Hyrule AT ENDGAME, not IN BACKSTORY. :IIII

And that's why I say Ganon has not been used enough. He really has been a "evil for the sake of evil" villain, but he actually did shiz. He orchestrated all of TP. He kidnapped Aryll woot woot. He also ravaged the world that Child Link slept through. namsayin yadig?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
dark link is barley even much of a character,he's just a boss/mini-boss....THATS IT
i mean what makes him an even bigger deal than say...gohma?they clearly haven't shown much interest into making him a character,why would that suddenly change

VitaTempusN92

dark link is barley even much of a character,he's just a boss/mini-boss....THATS IT
i mean what makes him an even bigger deal than say...gohma?they clearly haven't shown much interest into making him a character,why would that suddenly change

Only watch the first minute of the first video below.

1) [video=youtube;G_RXFIO0U8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_RXFIO0U8k[/video]

Watch from 00:00 to 01:20 in this next video, make sure you read what is in the text bubbles

2) [video=youtube;09TJnCdFPUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09TJnCdFPUo[/video]

Then watch the whole thing of the next video below. Make sure read every single word in the text bubbles

3) [video=youtube;j2aBiDFsMLg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2aBiDFsMLg[/video]

I will make thread explaining more about this later on as well as a mini movie about Shadow Link's origin as he explains it to audience to make more sense out of it and explaining why I go by such a theory.

Having Girahim as a main antagonist is not possible. He was merely the main antagonist's sword, an 'evil' Fi.

On topic:

It truly does not matter who the main antagonist will be, as long as he is a well-developed character, because that is what gamers really respond to.

Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom