• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Would You Like to See a New Child Link in Wii U?

Aside from Toon Link, we haven't had a new child Link in a 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask. How would you guys feel about having a new incarnation of Link who sets off on his adventure as a young kid instead of a teenager/adult this time around?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Is it a coming of age sequence again? :clap:

Erm I don't know how averse I would be to a child Link for ZeldaU. It all comes down to the art style. After playing TWW, PH, Brawl (Toon link), and ST...I don't want to see anything remotely close to TWW Link. I'm fanboying at this point, but something along the lines of TP's art style would be optimal - for me - in Zelda U. So...I don't know. Child Link is a good idea, I just don't want him/her accompanied by a super cartoony art style again.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I love it when Link is a kid. It feels like more of an adventure when you play young people (please don't misinterpret that sentence :sweat:). If the hero is an adult, then it feels like more of a quest than an adventure, and Zelda is an adventure series. Plus, it just feels more heroic when the world is saved by a mere child. And adult (teen) saving the world is normal, but children saving the world is more interesting and unique.

I would definitely love to see a new kid Link in the next game. To me Link, like Goku from Dragon Ball, is an overwhelmingly better character when he's a child. There's more energy to his personality, and his adventure takes on a greater larger than life feel. You have to admit that saving the world from evil is a lot more impressive when I little kid is doing it. :cool:

Link's older incarnations always come off as rather bland to me. Even though each Link usually shares the same basic characteristics, they become less pronounced in adult Link. I guess this is because people expect him to act mature when he's older. Hence he is given a more stoic countenance. Young Link can get away with a lot more goofiness, and he comes off a more charming character because of this.

Though Wind Waker Link is one of my favorite incarnations of the character, even I have to admit he's been overused at this point. He had a good run, but at this point I want a fresh face for our hero.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Meh. I honestly prefer adult Link, and if we are looking at the series as a whole, we've seen child Link more than adult Link (Even though we haven't much in the recent years). Though to be perfectly honest, it doesn't matter much to me. It's just the voice...

ILU

i luv u
I would love to go on an adventure as Child Link once again! And it doesn't mean you can't play an adult Link in the same game, either. Time can pass for whatever story-based reason. But yeah, bring on the little guy! Link's deeds are so much more impressive when he accomplishes them as a small boy instead of a strong and capable adult. Sure, I might miss Adult Link's smexiness, but I'd give it up for epic feels any day.

However, I don't want to play Child Link in a realistic style. I don't think that means Nintendo should have to revisit the toon style, but maybe revisiting OoT's style will do just fine, especially if it's for 3DS (less work in the long run!). I feel like the world should reflect what it seems like through a child's eyes (Aonuma's words for his design choice in TWW), so the vibrant anime style of OoT could work, but then again it's better to work on new looks sometimes.

Anyway, yeah, I'd be really excited if he were to appear in ZWU. ^_^

I must be a lone ranger as I would love to see an older Link. I don't mean a teenager I mean like late 30's/early 40's possibly with a young family he must abandon in order to save the world. It would be a great change of pace and would fit a post MM pre TP setting great! (heroes regret incarnation etc)

Salem

SICK
I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to see a young Link.:)

However, I don't want to play Child Link in a realistic style. I don't think that means Nintendo should have to revisit the toon style, but maybe revisiting OoT's style will do just fine, especially if it's for 3DS (less work in the long run!). I feel like the world should reflect what it seems like through a child's eyes (Aonuma's words for his design choice in TWW), so the vibrant anime style of OoT could work, but then again it's better to work on new looks sometimes.
Why?

I must be a lone ranger as I would love to see an older Link. I don't mean a teenager I mean like late 30's/early 40's possibly with a young family he must abandon in order to save the world. It would be a great change of pace and would fit a post MM pre TP setting great! (heroes regret incarnation etc)
Unlikely to happen.

Yeah I would. I prefer him to Adult Link actually.

Probably won't happen on account of WWHD already having him though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom