• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Unpopular Opinions About Popular Games

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm going to say as much as I can without looking like a tool, but what you've said isn't unpopular. You sound like classic Melee-fanboy dissing on Brawl for being different and against what you're used to. "Floaty" and "slow" are in relation to its predecessor. Ask any person who hasn't played Smash Bros. before and that will be the furthest thing from their minds.
I've asked several people with menial fighter experience and they still say Brawl is 2slow4them. Several meaning a handful (6-7). But, it's nice to know that what I said isn't unpopular - there are more people out there like me! D:

One thing you and I both know is that Melee was targeted more towards the hardcore audience, and Brawl, the more casual players.
True dat, and it definitely shows.

At tourney level. You judge a game on what its not designed to be.
I judge the game on how I play it. I'm sorry that I play the game with a wannabe competitive mindset in mind. Playing it as a "party game" is not and has never been my intention. Playing it using restrictions - i.e. options given to you IN THE MENUS - is still a viable method of play.

Even so, you say Brawl is "horrible", then give it a 8/10. You didn't just say "in comparison to Melee", but as a game. Horrible. 8/10. You must have high standards. Then again, you play Melee, so I can't say that.
I DID say at the tourney level. Brawl isn't a broken game as a whole, just under tourney level play. Calling it a fundamentally flawed game is flat out wrong; it just sucks as a competitive game. For such hate to exude out of me and still get an 8/10? I'm sorry but that only says GOOD things about the game.

I play Melee, and what of it? Melee is the game for me. It's fast paced, PLAYABLE under restrictions, and still somewhat popular.

EDIT: But I still respect you Krazy, and I like how cooly you're discussing my opinion and stuff. Keep it coming. :yes:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I've asked several people with menial fighter experience and they still say Brawl is 2slow4them. Several meaning a handful (6-7). But, it's nice to know that what I said isn't unpopular - there are more people out there like me! D:

Go to Smashboards. It makes me cringe.

When I say new players, I don't mean experienced fighters. :facepalm:

True dat, and it definitely shows.

Well, of course. If it was made to be taken as extremely hardcore and failed, then you would have reason to debate.

I judge the game on how I play it. I'm sorry that I play the game with a wannabe competitive mindset in mind. Playing it as a "party game" is not and has never been my intention. Playing it using restrictions - i.e. options given to you IN THE MENUS - is still a viable method of play.

You're playing the wrong game then. Stick to your Melee.

I DID say at the tourney level. Brawl isn't a broken game as a whole, just under tourney level play. Calling it a fundamentally flawed game is flat out wrong; it just sucks as a competitive game. For such hate to exude out of me and still get an 8/10? I'm sorry but that only says GOOD things about the game.

I play Melee, and what of it? Melee is the game for me. It's fast paced, PLAYABLE under restrictions, and still somewhat popular.

Hmm?
Super Smash Bros Brawl is horrible; Melee is the best.
Bolded by you. That's a powerful statement, mate. You go on to mention this tourney level rubbish, yeah, but don't be afraid of being redundant. w/e, I'm sick of this.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
When I say new players, I don't mean experienced fighters. :facepalm:
I said "players with menial fighting experience"; that is menial as in Not requiring much skill and lacking prestige (Google definition). Meaning they are NOT experienced fighters in any fighting game.

Bolded by you. That's a powerful statement, mate...but don't be afraid of being redundant.
Indeed it is, but notice the terms I used: Super Smash Bros Brawl is horrible; Melee is the best.

Melee is the best what? Well, quite obviously, the best Smash Brothers game. It is - in my opinion - the best of the series. If that isn't the case, then I don't understand why Sakurai would be making SSB4 more inbetween Melee and Brawl physics-wise; surely the "hardcore" or whatever they're called players aren't THAT influential. :/ (and assuming that IS the case, then this opinion wouldn't be unpopular...?)

Hsien Ko

Thread murderer
I never truly saw Oot as a masterpiece, ever, I gave it chance once and it was outright dull. Every time I step out of the Hyrule field and nothing happens, I actually stayed there all night for some action and still not a single monster only that Poe that keeps appearing next to that one spot only appears.

Super Mario Galaxy wasn't impressive either, I swear I sort of slept through it till the end. I never liked the level designs it felt too simple to be a Mario game, including that it was pretty much easy and the Bowser boss levels were not creative or fun. It felt like a chore dealing with this game.

I actually liked Super Paper Mario, it felt different from the other RPG's Mario games so I pretty much fell in love with it.

I hope I don't get bashed from this but I personally think that the Last of Us isn't a perfect game on how gamers praised it is. No matter what angle I see it, it's right out boring and very cliché. I want to avoid spoilers, but just because of the beginning it makes it GOTY? Come one, there's so much to it than that. I'm beginning to get tired of all of these zombie games lately...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never truly saw Oot as a masterpiece, ever, I gave it chance once and it was outright dull. Every time I step out of the Hyrule field and nothing happens, I actually stayed there all night for some action and still not a single monster only that Poe that keeps appearing next to that one spot only appears.

???
As Adult Link, enemies don't typically spawn in day or night at Hyrule Field as Adult Link. Nature of that part of the game.

I hope I don't get bashed from this but I personally think that the Last of Us isn't a perfect game on how gamers praised it is. No matter what angle I see it, it's right out boring and very cliché. I want to avoid spoilers, but just because of the beginning it makes it GOTY? Come one, there's so much to it than that. I'm beginning to get tired of all of these zombie games lately...
No offense here but the beginning was downright powerful. It made me almost cry, and I didn't even get super attached to the characters at that point. :I
Maybe that powerful feeling lingered with the reviewers? But I do agree that there's more than ag ame than its beginning.

Oh, I guess Animal Crossing bores the **** out of me, that's one. The entire series. I just, there's nothing to do that I WANT to do in that game. Why would I want to play a game where I have to pay mortgage and run random errands for my imposing *** hat neighbors? There's just no appeal for me and I genuinely don't understand how people can get addicted to it.

Also, I love Starfox: Assault. It is the only Starfox game I have been compelled to play to completion. I think the vehicle combat is bar none THE best in the Starfox series, and I have plenty of fun with the ground missions and have never understood what people didn't like about them.

I think Super Mario 64 is the weakest 3d Mario platformer.

I think Paper Mario: Sticker Star is the weakest Paper Mario (though this may be a bit unfair, since I haven't played much of it)

This... this is going to be a difficult one. I... do not enjoy Banjo Kazooie. I used to, mind you, when I was younger. But I tried it recently and did not have really any fun with it.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Super Mario 64 still holds up today in my opinion.

Eh, it's alright, but I would much rather play the DS remake. That's where it's at. I would play Super Mario 64 DS any day.

I think Other M's story issues discussion overshadowed what's wrong with it's gameplay.

I look away from any problems the story or cutscenes have, especially since you can skip them. Past that, there's a damn solid action-packed game to be had. Sure the pixel hunts and authorisation aspects are stupid, but it's really satisfying to play.

I think Sonic Unleashed is a good game.

In general, yes, I agree. Night Levels have their flaws, but my god, the day levels. O_O Love those.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I'm never bothered by a person's opinion, but I just wish people could differentiate between a bad game, and a game they just don't like.

As for unpopular opinions, urrrrrm... I dunno really. I tend to just ignore games I dislike, so can't really think of them off the top of my head. I like new Resident Evil games might be one, they seem to get a bit of hate. :P Not liking Skyward Sword maybe, too.

I think Paper Mario: Sticker Star is the weakest Paper Mario (though this may be a bit unfair, since I haven't played much of it)

That is in no way, shape, or form, an unpopular opinion.

- Spirit Tracks is an underrated masterpiece and everyone just sucks at the flute.
- SNES classics such as A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, and Super Mario RPG have aged horribly and are among the worst entries in their franchises.
- Other M > Prime 1
- All opinions are both popular and unpopular. (I.E - Take a look at how many responses are "SS was awesomeeeee" and then "Nawwww SS was awfulll d00d")
- Everyone just sucked at the motion controls in SS, and they are factually fine.
- Everyone just sucks at motion controls in general and loves to b**** about things.
- Everyone in this topic is wrong. Although, that's more fact than opinion.

-OoT isn't that great
-Super Mario 64 isn't that great
-AoL isn't that bad (at all, really)
-I enjoyed sailing in TWW
-My favorite CoD is CoD ONE

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I too enjoyed the sailing in wind waker,( except when random fish monsters came up to bother me while I was enjoying a perfectly peaceful ride, but that didn't happen that often)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom