• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should the Beetle Be a Stellar Item?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Why in the world would the Beetle need a backstory? Link get's other items with little to no explanation. It wouldn't even have to be the same Beetle. It could just be similar. There is no need for any sort of backstory for a future Beetle.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
Meh, I kinda hope not. I'm not sure why exactly, but I am not a huge fan of the beetle. I don't think there's anything wrong with it per se, I just never had all that much fun controlling it.

Mostly though, I loved the way the boomerang was used in TP. It was the first dungeon item you got and in my eyes, was pretty useful for most of the game. And of course, the targeting on it was sweet.

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Why in the world would the Beetle need a backstory? Link get's other items with little to no explanation. It wouldn't even have to be the same Beetle. It could just be similar. There is no need for any sort of backstory for a future Beetle.

Because all Zelda games do not have the same technical advancement ..

To put it really simple for you ..

Why would not the train from ST, fit in OOT?

Muse on it, and when you come up with the answer, there is your answer to the question you just asked! :D

It is as simple as that .. :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, OoT is more of a medieval game, but then again ST was designed for the train. Also, how much backstory was given for the trains again? And didn't the Beetle also fit well in a relatively primitive world?

Fig

The Altruist
I personally liked the Beetle in Skyward Sword, it was efficient and fit well with the mechanics of the game itself, but I don't see the Beetle one of those items that will constantly appear in future Zelda games. Maybe the Beetle will come back in a future Zelda console game such as the Wii U, but other than that, I think it is safe to say that the boomerang or even a brand new item will replace the Beetle the majority of the time. But that is simply my take on the subject.

Salem

SICK
Because all Zelda games do not have the same technical advancement ..

To put it really simple for you ..

Why would not the train from ST, fit in OOT?

Muse on it, and when you come up with the answer, there is your answer to the question you just asked! :D

It is as simple as that .. :)
The beetle is just one item, the train requires more things about the overworld to change to accommodate the train travel.;)

Gomp

Love, loving life!
Well, OoT is more of a medieval game, but then again ST was designed for the train. Also, how much backstory was given for the trains again? And didn't the Beetle also fit well in a relatively primitive world?

LOL Hahahaha...

Amusing.. Why would the train need a back story? LOL

Read this very slowly: If the train were to appear in OOT .. It would need a back story ..

Now you get it? (Sorry for being condescending, but this is just too hilarious! .. )

The beetle is just one item, the train requires more things about the overworld to change to accommodate the train travel.;)

I know. I just used it as a example to make the concept very easy to understand.. Alas to no avail.. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom