• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Link's Awakening Is Underrated

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm only 20, so I can neither confirm nor deny this...but wasn't Game Rankings scores developed in modern times?
I wasn't talking about GR...I hate the site (isn't it by CNET aka the guys with GameFAQs?)...but scores everywhere. ^^
sorry for the confusion

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What are the oldendays? You reference OoT's 99/100 on Metacritic.
Still using an older ratings system. OoT nowadays would get around an 8/10. Is it a fundamentally flawed game? No. Is it the cream of the crop? No. But, you'll get trash like the latest Call of Duty getting 9/10s whereas mediocre titles like Resident Evil 6 getting even 3/10s. My point is that, for LA, its ratings that it got back then don't mean the same thing as they might mean in today's world.

If you happened to read my subsequent post, you would know I wasn't talking about GameRankings. Have a good day.

Salem

SICK
And this, my friends, is just silly. So what if they were released after the 1990s and 1980s? That provides MORE objectivity because you can honestly give a game a REAL rating, where hype and all of that jazz don't cloud your judgment.
I would rely on Gamefaqs or something to compare older games because it was around since at least 1994 or so, since it has reviews written from those times as well, I use it to compare older games but I wouldn't use newer review aggregate sites to compare older games since those are more likely to judge old games more harshly because games changed throughout the times and stuff.

But that's just me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Eh I never use single review sites like IGN or GameFAQs...

IGN gave SS a 10. But when you look at the overall score from several reviews, it's the lowest scoring 3D title.

K

Kro

Link's Awakening is not underrated. It got good reviews, and it sold well. It is in no ways underrated.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It certainly is a great game, and so far it's my favorite 2D-style game, with FSA right behind, (saying 2D-style cause of ALBW), but I still have to play OoA and MC before that can be decided, and ALBW when it comes out ofc. But I agree with you that it needs a little more love.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I haven't played much of it, but it is pretty fun. I've been playing DX though, and I've only played some of the original black and white one. I don't think it has aged too well though. The graphics have obviously improved but I feel like the gameplay in the Oracle games are better than Link's Awakening's gameplay. I really don't know why I feel that way. It could be my brain being weird.

It could have been shadowed by the successes of A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time, and handheld games aren't usually aren't praised as much as home console games.

Also, small complaint, but I hate it when it notifies me when a pot is too heavy to push when I accidently run into it. It's just annoying, but it's not that big of a deal.

Salem

SICK
Also, small complaint, but I hate it when it notifies me when a pot is too heavy to push when I accidently run into it. It's just annoying, but it's not that big of a deal.
Yeah, I know right?:S
That's the worst thing about that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom