• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Lighter

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I think it's because it's a videogame and people would get annoyed if every time they pulled out a bomb there was a cut scene were Link pulls out his bag, grabs a bomb, grabs a match, lights the match and then lights the bomb fuse.

This isn't a mystery. It's just a videogame. No offense, but it annoys me when people try to get an answer to something that has no evidence or theory or reason behind it. It's one thing to discuss mysteries such as why the Picori disappear or why the Deku disappear but it's another to ask something along the lines of how can Link carry all of his items.

It has no answer except it's a videogame.

man i really dont care, obviously i know its just a game. I just like to hear what other people think about topics that cant really be explained "cause its a game."

i know your right but ANYONE could give that answer. it a little closed minded to repeat that same old argument.

try using your imagination once in a while. it's a lot more interesting.

Also did you see Barnes say somewhere or imply something that bomb-making was science? Nope.

so you don't think building bombs involves any science at all? well first off your going to need to get the materials, that takes some research, then measuring out those materials and chemicals (chemicles are a mojor part of science) to produce a controlled explosion. every bomb in zelda produses the same explosion therefore the bombs are made with a certain formula ensuring the blasts are the same size.

if that isn't some science right there then i don't know what is... and i just got out of high school.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Well, I assume that all bomb bags are made out of Dodongo's Stomach, thus having a rough surface, then being pulled out it lights the fuse ablaze!

Neo

The One
I have NEVER thought of this before...
Wow. Now I feel stupid.

In all honesty, I think that the answer would have to lie in the bomb bag. I support the idea of a rough opening that lights the fuses. It makes sense, really.

Y

yumijanine

Well, I assume that all bomb bags are made out of Dodongo's Stomach, thus having a rough surface, then being pulled out it lights the fuse ablaze!

Oh that's a good idea! However I found a flaw ;) If the bomb bag was rough on the inside... wouldn't friction cause the bombs to ignite as well? For example you're running or horseback. The bomb bag would be constantly swinging, and the bombs would be rubbing on the the side of the bomb bag causing them to ignite and explode. :D

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Well true, but Link has a "special" place to put things. This is all Nintendo logic so really no explanation to it. Sadly I think your correct on this one with the swinging and stuff.

Zarom

The King
The real answer is that it is a videogame. But I would say that when Link picks one up, the bomb lights up by magic. MAGIC.

Last edited:
Y

yumijanine

:D okay Magic's fine with me! Its the solution to everything!! :D

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
:D okay Magic's fine with me! Its the solution to everything!! :D

The real answer is that it is a videogame. So I would say that when Link picks one up, the bomb lights up by magic. MAGIC.

Come on, not those short posts with cheap statements :D

Anyway, possibly magic is the solution, Or possibly the bombs are designed to ignite when coming on contact with Oxygen or something. This is proven when bombs hit water, the "disappear".

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Oh that's a good idea! However I found a flaw ;) If the bomb bag was rough on the inside... wouldn't friction cause the bombs to ignite as well? For example you're running or horseback. The bomb bag would be constantly swinging, and the bombs would be rubbing on the the side of the bomb bag causing them to ignite and explode. :D

Well if they're all made out of Dogongo stomachs then they would be smooth or something on the inside probably. And the makers rough out the top part of it with sandpaper or something meaning voila you have a live bomb.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Hmm... What if there were bits of crystal on the ends of each fuse. These crystals would act like a burning glass on a hot summer day. Similar to melting army men and the like with a magnifying glass. The light from the sun (or moon, it always seems to up at night) would refract and cause the fuse to ignite.

Obviously these would have to be a special type of crystal, one that could cause the fuse to light with even the faintest amount of light, and in a matter of seconds, allowing for bomb use in caves and dungeons.

Well, thats what I came up with in ten minutes anyways... :P

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hmm... What if there were bits of crystal on the ends of each fuse. These crystals would act like a burning glass on a hot summer day. Similar to melting army men and the like with a magnifying glass. The light from the sun (or moon, it always seems to up at night) would refract and cause the fuse to ignite.

Obviously these would have to be a special type of crystal, one that could cause the fuse to light with even the faintest amount of light, and in a matter of seconds, allowing for bomb use in caves and dungeons.

Well, thats what I came up with in ten minutes anyways... :P

Wow. All that in ten minutes? Can anyone spell jenus? I know I can't. Anyways that is an amazing idea. Crystal at the end of the bomb fuses... brilliant. Also I think that maybe the crystal might be magic that increase the amount of heat it can absorb from light in a second. And after all a bomb bag would be pitch-black inside so that probably holds water. People I think we found our official answer.

I just think that it would be kinda cool if they gave link flint so he could light the bombs. it would just be another item that he could get, and once he learned how to light the bombs, they would light automatically after that.

A

AnonymousTwilit

It's probably the magic of videogames. Either that, or all of his bombs have special wicks that only light when exposed to massive amounts of oxygen gas (Since there's not as much oxygen inside the bomb bags), so they light as soon as he takes them out.

Alex_Da_Great

Dark Link is here...
There is only one logical explanation... MAGIC!

Fine then... I think that Link's strap for his sword has this rough material that when Link takes it out, you can see in video games that he holds it close to himself and not far away when taking it out meaning he is swiping it across his strap for easy access! :D :lol:

A

Anthony

I think it's because it's a videogame and people would get annoyed if every time they pulled out a bomb there was a cut scene were Link pulls out his bag, grabs a bomb, grabs a match, lights the match and then lights the bomb fuse.

It has no answer except it's a videogame.

I totally agree with you Zemen, there may be no aspect of science to the games, after all, it is just a videogame.

If there was a science behind it, I would have to say that there is a striking strip along the top of the bomb Bag, which would cause the fuse to ignite when struck against it. (like a match)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom