• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Link's Awakening or The Minish Cap?

Big Octo

=^)
I have to say, I enjoyed Link's Awakening more. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed both games, but I liked LA getter in just about every way. Truly a Gameboy classic.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Minish Cap is much more fun for me than LA/DX. For one, the animations in TMC are much more fluid. Second, traversing the overworld isn't a pain in that game, but in LA I just have far too much trouble Q_Q

Oh, the music is definitely better in TMC as well for me.

I preferred Link's Awakening over The Minish Cap as I really enjoyed LA a lot more than TMC. Plus I loved the unique settings and characters in LA such as BowWow, Schule Donavich, etc. ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Look at my siggy and then make my post for me ;)

PancakeSamurai Answered in Thread : Link's Awakening or Minish Cap

[Post: Minish Cap eats Zelda II which eats Four Swords Adventures which eats Legend of Zeldawhich eats Link's Awakening. In other words, I like Minish Cap more than Link's Awakening.]

ILU

i luv u
I prefer Link's Awakening. It's a much for complicated game as far as story and philosophy go. But games are pretty darn easy in terms of gameplay. I just feel like LA has a better story, better characters, better dungeons, etc. It's just a lot more memorable IMO.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I prefer Link's Awakening. It's a much for complicated game as far as story and philosophy go. But games are pretty darn easy in terms of gameplay. I just feel like LA has a better story, better characters, better dungeons, etc. It's just a lot more memorable IMO.

I didn't literally mean make my post for me. :P

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Link's Awakening. All. The. Way.

The characters were creative and adorable, the music and atmosphere were fantastic, and oh my freaking gosh, the STORY is just amazingly well-executed. It's hard to find other 2D games that make me feel even half as emotional. The whole "it's all a dream thing" played out beautifully, and the ending was very powerful. And Marin is one of the best Zelda characters of all time. Link's Awakening is my one of my favorite handheld games, and probably my favorite Zelda handheld. Really, I could go on and on about how much I love this game. XD

The Minish Cap just didn't give me the same feel. I can't really explain it... but in all honesty, I don't even remember half of that game. I only played it once and have since found very little motivation to replay it, despite getting it free on 3DS thanks to being an Ambassador. I've tried, but it's just not overly entertaining to me. It's not bad at all; I enjoyed it my first playthrough, but... it just... wasn't as memorable, I guess. (The only thing I remember was knowing I was supposed to go to Veil Falls because of the "source of the flow" thing but always taking the wrong pathway... that took me a stupidly long amount of time to figure out.)

Oh, the music is definitely better in TMC as well for me.
See, while many TMC songs had potential and were rather catchy and fun... it was the quality of the music that ruined it all for me. Due to the GBA sound, they all sound soooo staticy. It's frustrating and it greatly annoyed me. In any other format they probably would have been fantastic, but they all just have this grainy sound to them that makes them hard to stand for me. (I'm still quite fond of several TMC tunes, though, like Minish Village and Hyrule Town and Temple of Droplets... but Ballad of the Wind Fish, Eagle's Tower, and Southern Face Shrine are absolutely fabulous as well, so it's hard to say.)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
See, while many TMC songs had potential and were rather catchy and fun... it was the quality of the music that ruined it all for me. Due to the GBA sound, they all sound soooo staticy. It's frustrating and it greatly annoyed me. In any other format they probably would have been fantastic, but they all just have this grainy sound to them that makes them hard to stand for me. (I'm still quite fond of several TMC tunes, though, like Minish Village and Hyrule Town and Temple of Droplets... but Ballad of the Wind Fish, Eagle's Tower, and Southern Face Shrine are absolutely fabulous as well, so it's hard to say.)

It's funny you should mention that grainy bit; I play LA, LADX, and TMC all on emulator and it was actually Link's Awakening/DX that had the grainy soundbits to them, not Minish Cap. This was also the case with my physical copy of LA versus TMC. I tried plugging headphones into my GBA, I tried using the carts on GBASP...neither things worked. ;I

But maybe that's just my experience?

JoeDeLait

Zig Zag Wanderer
I haven't played Link's Awakening, but I love The Minish Cap, and its soundtrack will be hard to beat. I think (in terms of context - 32bit system) that The Minish Cap has the best soundtrack of all gaming, it's all so intense and adventurey (that's a word:`v`:), Mt Crenel's music is epiiic.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I like the music and colourful world of TMC, though I like the characters and storyline of LA. Can't I choose both? :puppy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom