• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mario and Luigi RPG Series

I find this series to be good, but it feels childish and now that it has vore and inflation, I feel as though it's not as good. Square Enix made the first mario RPG phenomenal. Paper Mario is okay, but Mario and Luigi, is just like a cheesy cartoon with bad humor and stupid bad guys. A purple mushroom queen and a green thing that can be easily killed by a jump that kills goombas. I am truly disappointed with this series. I even know vorarephiles who don't like when Nintendo does that.

I find this series to be good, but it feels childish and now that it has vore and inflation, I feel as though it's not as good. Square Enix made the first mario RPG phenomenal. Paper Mario is okay, but Mario and Luigi, is just like a cheesy cartoon with bad humor and stupid bad guys. A purple mushroom queen and a green thing that can be easily killed by a jump that kills goombas. I am truly disappointed with this series. I even know vorarephiles who don't like when Nintendo does that.
well, i think its my faviorte mario serires ever.because its funny and has THE BEST rpg boss battles.

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
Dude. I normally don't judge people on their opinion, but you have reeeeeally bad taste in RPGs if you don't like Mario & Luigi.

I personally love the series, I own all 3, 3 is by far the best, better than the original. The humor is really quirky and awesome, they all have great battle systems...

How do you not like them?

well, i think its my faviorte mario serires ever.because its funny and has THE BEST rpg boss battles.

I don't think it has that much humor. The boss battles are challenging which is good but the bosses themselves could be alot more interesting. Remember that Caterpillar from Partners in Time? That could've been a giant tank that held a malformity like mother brain. But no, the most genius idea is a giant caterpillar drinking orange juice which is sucked out of the other end by space ships. Ugh.

Dude. I normally don't judge people on their opinion, but you have reeeeeally bad taste in RPGs if you don't like Mario & Luigi.

I personally love the series, I own all 3, 3 is by far the best, better than the original. The humor is really quirky and awesome, they all have great battle systems...

How do you not like them?

How is it that I have a bad taste in RPGs? This is how I rated Mario and Luigi Series:

Gameplay 95 (It was good but something felt missing from the series)

Graphics 70 (The graphics are good but the sprites themselves are an eyesore to me)

Story 90 (The Original was good aside from Fawful, but the other two are just stupid. The time travel idea to cover up Mario's Time Machine and the vore/inflation makes me wanna puke)

Overall 78

The battle system is good but the humor is childish and cannot make me laugh. Mallow from SMRPGtLotSS is comic gold compared to M&L.

I don't like them because they don't have what Mario RPG had; story, graphics, and humor. Mario and Luigi just doesn't appeal to me. When people tell me I am bad in one way, I prove them wrong. Mario and Luigi doesn't have the same charm as Paper Mario and Mario RPG.

Whatever, dude, but if you played more than 10 minutes into the games, you'd realize you're missing out.

I'm missing out? I don't see anything I missed out on. It's an Rpg series in which all titles take barely 3 days to complete. Oh and nice response. "Whatever", yeah I'm nowhere near as good at arguing as you.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
gasp!! Fredthehylian!!!!!! How could you say such evil things?! *cries* the mario and luigi series is kick-a**! The epic boss battles, the hilarity, the music (which is awesome), and then the gameplay! Even bowser would play it! Even though it features his two nemesises the bros! I have fury at fredthehylian!! And it has everything smrpg had and more. Story, humor, graphics (which technically is just the eye frosting if you know what i mean), fawful (hilarious), and challenge. Granted the ml battles aren't as challenging as the smrpg battles but so what? They're still good and the vore isn't that bad. Just a little pinkness here and there in ONE LEVEL in pit, virtually none in sss, and the vore in bis is fine. In fact it's almost like it's not even really inside a living creature. And the sock pop vore in bis was so funny. Poor mario. Nuff said cuz i don't wanna spoil any details for anyone else.

gasp!! Fredthehylian!!!!!! How could you say such evil things?! *cries* the mario and luigi series is kick-a**! The epic boss battles, the hilarity, the music (which is awesome), and then the gameplay! Even bowser would play it! Even though it features his two nemesises the bros! I have fury at fredthehylian!! And it has everything smrpg had and more. Story, humor, graphics (which technically is just the eye frosting if you know what i mean), fawful (hilarious), and challenge. Granted the ml battles aren't as challenging as the smrpg battles but so what? They're still good and the vore isn't that bad. Just a little pinkness here and there in ONE LEVEL in pit, virtually none in sss, and the vore in bis is fine. In fact it's almost like it's not even really inside a living creature. And the sock pop vore in bis was so funny. Poor mario. Nuff said cuz i don't wanna spoil any details for anyone else.

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets tone down the language. No reason to get all upset. The boss battles are not exactly "epic" in my book. Also, I have yet to find amusing hilarity. The music is indeed good (Not as stellar as the ducktales moon soundtrack though) and I'd download some to my MP3 but the talking effects... makes Jonas Bros look like the Beatles. Fawful is just... just... revolting and... unfunny. If you ask me, challenge makes up the replayability. If it's difficult, then you'll have a goal to defeat it multiple times in different ways (Metroid don't pick up anything but missiles, bombs, and the maru mari ball, Zelda don't get heart containers, etc). If it's too easy, then replaying it will be boring. Vore makes people nausceous or disturbed sometimes by the way. I don't care for your fury against me. You are a mere fellow mortal trying to get a nonconformist (me) to conform.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
I've really enjoyed the Mario & Luigi game series. Alright, i was also like a bad person in the beginning. I've never seen any good Mario RPG since the one on the Super Nintendo. It's really disappointing to see Luigi as a less person. Well, i love Luigi but since they make him a cry baby or a real scared bump i didn't like him so much anymore. Anyway i love the humor in the Mario series, i'm 20 years old but i laughed at their jokes and fails.

I like the counter attacks idea in this one, it was just original against the ''normal'' RPG games. Luigi was ways better than Mario in my opinion, i killed the most enemies with luigi, while i don't know the reason. Maybe it was that Mario was in the back of the screen. Partners in Time made me crazy on some places, i was always a little bit confused with the controls.

I enjoyed the bosses also, every boss has it's unique technique, and i hard a real hard time with some of them, i can't call this serie a disappointment out of the Mario series, if it was so i dislike all the Mario games and call it a childish game in overall. If Nintendo is childish play some other games in my opinion.

I can't wait to get the last game out of those series, if it is the last. Bowser Inside Story. I hope it will be more fun than the previous games, and more challenging bosses or other enemies. I shall miss the little babies Mario and Luigi though. But like i said, the real RPG game from mario i've enjoyed was ''The Legend of the Seven Stars'' now i remember it's name.

It's his opinion. -_- Not everyone like the same games as you. Maybe you will dislike the games he is playing, Those games aren't better than Super Mario RPG; The Legend of the Seven Stars if you ever beat that game. It was more challenging than those simple avoiding attack from the enemies in Mario and Luigi's RPG's.

Anyway, i love this serie, i like the humor in it and the whole original gameplay. Also i can't say it's a disappointment in the Mario RPG games. I dislike the way they made Luigi only, maybe he was always like that but that's out of my memory then.

How could you not like the M&L series?
I mean, I love RPG's, but M&L is definitely on my top 5 series.
I mean, the diverse battle system is cool and the humor (mostly on Luigi) is funny, but as far as I can tell, it's not bad.
But I don't have Bowser's Inside Story yet (darn) but still...

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
I'm missing out? I don't see anything I missed out on. It's an Rpg series in which all titles take barely 3 days to complete. Oh and nice response. "Whatever", yeah I'm nowhere near as good at arguing as you.
What the hell? Really? I can't say "whatever"?

I wan't even arguing in that post. I'm just trying to get out of this damn conversation. Like the games you enjoy. I don't care. This is a dumb argument.

But god forbid I say "whatever" again.

Last edited:

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Ehh, I never really liked Super Mario RPG for the SNES to be honest. I think it's because the game was never released here and I was forced to play it on an emulator. Then again, I never liked the SNES Final Fantasy games either and it's not that I don't like RPGs. On the contrary, I loved Lufia (great, although slightly flawed SNES RPG). Oh well, I <3 the Paper Mario series, especially the second game. I didn't like what they did with the Wii game, but it was still an enjoyable experience.

Now, Mario and Luigi for the GBA is one of my favorite games released. It had a good battle system, the graphics were colorful and detailed and it had Fawful! The second game was a bit of a let-down for me. They removed the overworld and instead used the castle as one. Also, the last boss fight was a pain in the rear. It wasn't really difficult, it just took twenty minutes to beat.

I'm looking forward to the third game. Fawful returning sounds great to me, and if they've restored the overworld like from the first game then I'm sold! Too bad it'll take like a month to get here, though. :(

Len

Zelda On Paper
for my point of view mario and luigi rpg series was and its still is my favorite games of all time, and so, you look it childish? ok the cover and the graphics looks for kids but look again, they have a cartoon look but is not inofensive cartoon not even when it comes to bros. attacks (wham bam destruction!) maybe it has an inofensive childish cartoon but that cartoon is more brutal than any cartoon rpg (mario cartoon is awesomely brutal)

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I don't think it has that much humor. The boss battles are challenging which is good but the bosses themselves could be alot more interesting. Remember that Caterpillar from Partners in Time? That could've been a giant tank that held a malformity like mother brain. But no, the most genius idea is a giant caterpillar drinking orange juice which is sucked out of the other end by space ships. Ugh.

Dude how the heck would that work?!?! Mario isn't as shall we say mature to have something like that. Sure it could've been a tank with a malformity but mario isn't mature enough to pull it off even during an alien invasion. As far as I know a mario game has never even gotten an E-10 rating and it should stay that way.

Whoa whoa whoa. Lets tone down the language. No reason to get all upset. The boss battles are not exactly "epic" in my book. Also, I have yet to find amusing hilarity. The music is indeed good (Not as stellar as the ducktales moon soundtrack though) and I'd download some to my MP3 but the talking effects... makes Jonas Bros look like the Beatles. Fawful is just... just... revolting and... unfunny. If you ask me, challenge makes up the replayability. If it's difficult, then you'll have a goal to defeat it multiple times in different ways (Metroid don't pick up anything but missiles, bombs, and the maru mari ball, Zelda don't get heart containers, etc). If it's too easy, then replaying it will be boring. Vore makes people nausceous or disturbed sometimes by the way. I don't care for your fury against me. You are a mere fellow mortal trying to get a nonconformist (me) to conform.

Dude you just don't get it. Fawful has insanity which adds to his funniness (yes I still have FURY at you) And yeah the bosses did have depth (imonu/durmite frrom bis turns out to be a SAGE about halfway through the game) and try actually playing more than ten minutes into the games and you'll find that the final bosses are all epic (bis has an ultra evil dark star that wants to destroy the world, pit has the leader of an entire friggin evil alien race, and sss has bowser possessed by the ghost of a witch that wants to rule the world). Plus look at the x bosses in bis. They were hard as he**. Durmite X was the only easy one in my opinion but that was because I usually only get around to her when I have the magic window to kill her in one turn. Then the Shroob Trio that gives you the magic window is tough (almost kills mario for me in two hits). Plus the Giant Bowser battles are ultra epic (i loved smacking down peaches castle). So why don't you dust of one of the games and actually beat it 100 percents.

It's his opinion. -_- Not everyone like the same games as you. Maybe you will dislike the games he is playing, Those games aren't better than Super Mario RPG; The Legend of the Seven Stars if you ever beat that game. It was more challenging than those simple avoiding attack from the enemies in Mario and Luigi's RPG's.

I have beaten it and i still think the ml pwn smrpg (still an excellent game though) thank you very much.

I've really enjoyed the Mario & Luigi game series. Alright, i was also like a bad person in the beginning. I've never seen any good Mario RPG since the one on the Super Nintendo. It's really disappointing to see Luigi as a less person. Well, i love Luigi but since they make him a cry baby or a real scared bump i didn't like him so much anymore. Anyway i love the humor in the Mario series, i'm 20 years old but i laughed at their jokes and fails.

I like the counter attacks idea in this one, it was just original against the ''normal'' RPG games. Luigi was ways better than Mario in my opinion, i killed the most enemies with luigi, while i don't know the reason. Maybe it was that Mario was in the back of the screen. Partners in Time made me crazy on some places, i was always a little bit confused with the controls.

I enjoyed the bosses also, every boss has it's unique technique, and i hard a real hard time with some of them, i can't call this serie a disappointment out of the Mario series, if it was so i dislike all the Mario games and call it a childish game in overall. If Nintendo is childish play some other games in my opinion.

I can't wait to get the last game out of those series, if it is the last. Bowser Inside Story. I hope it will be more fun than the previous games, and more challenging bosses or other enemies. I shall miss the little babies Mario and Luigi though. But like i said, the real RPG game from mario i've enjoyed was ''The Legend of the Seven Stars'' now i remember it's name.

Anyway, i love this serie, i like the humor in it and the whole original gameplay. Also i can't say it's a disappointment in the Mario RPG games. I dislike the way they made Luigi only, maybe he was always like that but that's out of my memory then.

I'm glad you're handling this maturely. The battle system is my favorite part of the series actually. It's because it's alot better than just double hits or dodges.

Bowser's Inside Story's concept I have mixed feelings about now that I've played it. It's almost like the Light World/Dark World feature in Zelda Link to the Past and Metroid Prime 2: Dark Echoes. But then again, vore and inflation make me quite nausceous. Then again, Nintendo
s going for kids with these games and therefore... they get away with vore because it's cartoony.

How could you not like the M&L series?
I mean, I love RPG's, but M&L is definitely on my top 5 series.
I mean, the diverse battle system is cool and the humor (mostly on Luigi) is funny, but as far as I can tell, it's not bad.
But I don't have Bowser's Inside Story yet (darn) but still...

I don't like it because it's too easy, short, unepic, and unamusing. It's good in gameplay (though something felt missing from it) but the rest... I dislike.

What the hell? Really? I can't say "whatever"?

I wan't even arguing in that post. I'm just trying to get out of this damn conversation. Like the games you enjoy. I don't care. This is a dumb argument.

But god forbid I say "whatever" again.

Watch the language. I didn't say you couldn't say "whatever". I just feel as though you ignored my reasons in attempt to make a legitimate objection.

Again, watch the language. As dumb as you think this is, you asked why I hated the series. I responded and you acted like you didn't even ask.

I'm going back to hell.

Ehh, I never really liked Super Mario RPG for the SNES to be honest. I think it's because the game was never released here and I was forced to play it on an emulator. Then again, I never liked the SNES Final Fantasy games either and it's not that I don't like RPGs. On the contrary, I loved Lufia (great, although slightly flawed SNES RPG). Oh well, I <3 the Paper Mario series, especially the second game. I didn't like what they did with the Wii game, but it was still an enjoyable experience.

Now, Mario and Luigi for the GBA is one of my favorite games released. It had a good battle system, the graphics were colorful and detailed and it had Fawful! The second game was a bit of a let-down for me. They removed the overworld and instead used the castle as one. Also, the last boss fight was a pain in the rear. It wasn't really difficult, it just took twenty minutes to beat.

I'm looking forward to the third game. Fawful returning sounds great to me, and if they've restored the overworld like from the first game then I'm sold! Too bad it'll take like a month to get here, though. :(

SMRPG was released everywhere except Africa and Indo-Asia (minus Japan). Despite I hate emulating, I don't see why the emulator took away the experience. It's only for a different system and it's free. I guess it's because it didn't feel like the pure game.

That aside, the gameplay was good, the graphics aren't quite as good as SMRPG but it was handheld so I can't blame'em. Fawful... I just don't get how he is funny. Difficulty needs improvement, but this is designed for kids so once more, I won't blame Nintendo.

The third game came out. I played it and it was good with gameplay and sound, the graphics look as cheesy as the other 2 (what's the DS graphic capabilities 128 or 16?), Fawful is as stupid as ever, and the vore just made me dissappointed. The title lead me to think that you would play as Bowser from the first one and possibly second (but that would get complicated due to there being two Bowsers). But I was too stupid to remember the child-like mind of the game, and got a face full of vore and inflation.

Dude how the heck would that work?!?! Mario isn't as shall we say mature to have something like that. Sure it could've been a tank with a malformity but mario isn't mature enough to pull it off even during an alien invasion. As far as I know a mario game has never even gotten an E-10 rating and it should stay that way.

Dude you just don't get it. Fawful has insanity which adds to his funniness (yes I still have FURY at you) And yeah the bosses did have depth (imonu/durmite frrom bis turns out to be a SAGE about halfway through the game) and try actually playing more than ten minutes into the games and you'll find that the final bosses are all epic (bis has an ultra evil dark star that wants to destroy the world, pit has the leader of an entire friggin evil alien race, and sss has bowser possessed by the ghost of a witch that wants to rule the world). Plus look at the x bosses in bis. They were hard as he**. Durmite X was the only easy one in my opinion but that was because I usually only get around to her when I have the magic window to kill her in one turn. Then the Shroob Trio that gives you the magic window is tough (almost kills mario for me in two hits). Plus the Giant Bowser battles are ultra epic (i loved smacking down peaches castle). So why don't you dust of one of the games and actually beat it 100 percents.

I have beaten it and i still think the ml pwn smrpg (still an excellent game though) thank you very much.

Mario has been mature since his appearance in Super Mario 64. At first, it was simply jumping on enemies. But in 64 he laughed gleefully. In Galaxy, he couldn't be happier than killing turtles and muffins and tossing an enemy turtle in to a pit of lava. That is just as bad as Mother Brain and Samus. Shooting at a defenseless monster. Then again some annoying turrets impede your way.

Anyway, the bosses are not as epic (or scarring) as the one we all have been traumatized by... Anyway, blabbity bla, bla blabbity bloo, I don't need to repeat myself to everyone on this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom