• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
think about this in the long run. when Generation 9 is here Microsoft will start shutting down servers and serveses for the X box One. so that can make your console forever useless. meanwhile the PS4 ( hopefully), and the WII U can still play games just like their predecessors. ooh and have fun installing games on that 500GB hard drive that cant be exchanged or upgraded, you better hope they will allow 3rd party external HDDs, or it might be like what sony did with the PS vita memory sticks, charging an arm and a leg for something that should not cost as much.

But you have to pay money for external HDD anyway so it's okay! And stop blindly hating this product! XONE will live long and prosper!

But you have to pay money for external HDD anyway so it's okay! And stop blindly hating this product! XONE will live long and prosper!

well these once rumors are now fact. and these facts are confermed by MS im not " blindly" hating it. im sorry but right now the X Box one is DOA for me, and yes i can express my opinion positive or Negative i will say whats on my mind just like everyone else. now if things were better then i would give it a chance, i dont have good internet so sorry MS. now as for the HDD deal i dont know, but i dought they will let us put their games on a 3rd party HDD if they plan to keep their games attached to the system, mayby for other stuff like pics and vids but idk about games on another HDD unless MS provides one.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
I'm gonna hate saying this...but...why not just emulate XOne games? At least then you'd be able to keep them--seriously an emulation sounds better than the real thing right now.

Doesn't the Xbox one use the an AMD cpu thats same as PCs? wouldn't be at least easier to emulate that previous consoles.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ok, lets turn this around, what would it take at E3 to make you guys want an X1?

Well to be honest, we hardly know anything on this console, all the hate is just a bandwagon coming from fans who seem to prefer a console that has had a drastically poor first year and a console that we "also" barley know anything of. The main thing that the Xone is missing is games, sure everyone hates the actual console, however what is the most important thing first and foremost? Yeah that's right games...

To be honest I really didn't care for what specs the PS4 had, the main reason as to why it raised eyebrows and certainly mine (in a good way btw), was because of the showcase of gameplay and library to come. A console is nothing without games to showcase the possibilities it can achieve.

Now people have this negative perception of Microsoft, of course it's cool to hate the mainstream and whatnot but I see why people have this view, however no one gave this console a chance. I heard people say before its announcement that they weren't going to give it a chance and look at what we have here... A whole thread dedicated to hating on a console that was shown for what? An hour or so?

The main thing for the Xbox One is the games it produces and how these games look and play on this powerful console. Now what we already know, this is in relation to the PS4 as well, is that this console with have the majority of 3rd party support, so there's no worries on that end. The real question is its first party titles and exclusives. Now they said 15 "new" exclusives in it's first calender year, this is already more than what the Wii U gave us, however we'll see at E3,then we can make a complete and more accurate justified view rather than flat out complaining about a console know one had any interest in anyway.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well to be honest, we hardly know anything on this console, all the hate is just a bandwagon coming from fans who seem to prefer a console that has had a drastically poor first year and a console that we "also" barley know anything of. The main thing that the Xone is missing is games, sure everyone hates the actual console, however what is the most important thing first and foremost? Yeah that's right games...
Games means absolutely **** nothing if we can't actually play them thanks to the CONSOLE'S LIMITATIONS. :) Just felt like throwing that out there.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Games means absolutely **** nothing if we can't actually play them thanks to the CONSOLE'S LIMITATIONS. :) Just felt like throwing that out there.
Well how big is "we" in relation to the majority? and I'm sure many of these can be reasonably countered.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well how big is "we" in relation to the majority?

What IS the majority? How can you tell if a sizable audience has stable Internet? Yeah, you can make all the assumptions you like, but you simply never know. By applying stupid security checks like always-on DRM, or this 24 hour BS that M$ has going on (one hour if on an XONE that isn't yours btw), you run the risk of a SIZABLE AUDIENCE not being able to play games on your console and in turn that leads to, well, the sizable—the expected audience—to trade your console and games in for your competitor's games and what not.

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, Microsoft is digging themselves a bad rut. A rut that is so easily repaired. :I

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well Microsoft has cancelled their post E3 conference, so no one can ask any questions.

Its not blind hating, at least not every one, its not even the console thats being hated, its the policies they've stated, and half stated using, with things announced, and other things being said contradicted behind PR double talk, its hard to know what the policies really are. Some of these questions should be simple yes and no answers, and the fact they refuse to answer, leads every one to expect the worst.

------------------

Side note PS4 is more powerful then the X1, the ps4 will have access to 7 of its 8 gigs of ram for games, and its gddr5, the x1 will only have access to 5 of its 8 as 3 gigs are consumed by the 3 OS's and its ddr3.

And sony hasn't entirely stated their drm policies either. They've stated some things (unless recent weeks have announced something i'm unaware of) that although appear to be a dismissal of DRM, but the wording didn't entirely deny it either.

The Wii U, I want it to do well and have great software, or either to hurry up and fail, so nintendo can release a better console thats more on par with the competition.

I'm not excited about any of the 3 consoles this generation to be honest.

But one thing is for certain, if the DRM of the X1 is as stated before, I don't want to buy a super restrictive console, if ps4 ends up doing the same or similarly restrictive enough, I also don't want it.

I'm not blindingly hating the mainstream, I'm hating the fact the control they want to impose, I'm hating them wanting to take away consumer rights. And i'm rightly freaked out by an always on camera connected to the internet, owned by a company that sells information about its customers to advertisement and the government.

edit:

also I had the original xbox, and i have a 360, my friends play 360, so I'm not a sony fanboy, who wouldn't have interested in the console, if anything I would have been one of those that'd be more likely to go with the next Xbox simply because he owned previous. But I'm not loyal to a brand (at least not to a brand that didn't invent blast processing) and my desire to put with BS only goes so far.

----------------------------------------

more edit:

If they throw these restrictions out of the window, and announce some awesome games, and the price tag is lower then that of a new car, maybe It could undo the negative opinion they've already established for themselves.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Okay...so let's see...if we require discs to play our games, I will be ticked off ya dig. With my Xbox360 and my copy of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations, the disc got scratched...by the :?ing Xbox. But, because we require discs to play installed games, I can't :?ing playing my goddamn game. I'm pissed. XONE will make me mad if we require discs that are already mandatory to be installed.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Honestly...let's just imagine none of this crap with the XOne happened...would we still buy it? Remember their previous performances? The 360 was 10x more likely to break down or freeze than my N64. Do we trust MS enough to fix that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom