• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xbox One Announced!

Salem

SICK
Jade Fist, I agree with everything you say, those who still love the Xbox one after all that, fine, love it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, but don't expect every one to like it as well, or even say that their concerns about it are unfounded.
XONE needs Internet to play ;)
PCs also require many games to be connected to Internet to play games ;)

It IS unneeded inconvenience but it isn't NEW.
1-That's why I said introducing
2-I know, I was talking about consoles, not games in particular.
3-Yeah, I guess you're right.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm sorry if you wanna love the X1, you're just supporting changes for the worse, and I implore you to consider the harm before giving them money.

I love you for this. Buying the XONE tells M$ that what they're doing is right. Sorry but no, it isn't right. I have a single player game, why the hell would I be connected to the Internet to play it? I understand being connected to the net for MP games simply due to their nature (but there should still be offline split screen vs bots like in the old days), but not every game.

No, don't give me that 24 hour ******** (it's confirmed to be one hour if you play on a different console btw)*, I may not have Internet for days on end. Does that mean I should stop gaming? NOPE. It does mean that I can't play online multiplayer, but it shouldn't impede offline multiplayer or single player experiences. I don't care what games you love by Microsoft, what they're doing with the XONE is just stupid. :I

*http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...box-one-used-games-always-online?utm_campaign

Salem

SICK
Is there a chance that Microsoft would just turn everything around and go back to the way is was?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Is there a chance that Microsoft would just turn everything around and go back to the way is was?

No chance at all ya dig. Hell they were never good at games to begin with. They're good for those OSes and that's about it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm gonna hate saying this...but...why not just emulate XOne games? At least then you'd be able to keep them--seriously an emulation sounds better than the real thing right now.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm gonna hate saying this...but...why not just emulate XOne games? At least then you'd be able to keep them--seriously an emulation sounds better than the real thing right now.

You really think we can emulate XONE games? We don't even have 360 or PS3 emulators. Emulating isn't just "oh get a torrent of this game and lulfest". You have to create the emulator (which I do not know how to do, but it involves a crap ton of coding and even higher ton of bugfixing), perfect it to play games then make it play at proper speeds, THEN you have to deal with cracking ISOs. Emulation is not an option for XONE.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
You really think we can emulate XONE games? We don't even have 360 or PS3 emulators. Emulating isn't just "oh get a torrent of this game and lulfest". You have to create the emulator (which I do not know how to do, but it involves a crap ton of coding and even higher ton of bugfixing), perfect it to play games then make it play at proper speeds, THEN you have to deal with cracking ISOs. Emulation is not an option for XONE.

I haven't checked around for a 360, but I'm pretty sure I've seen PS3 emulators before...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
We should probably acknowledge MS didn't intentionally screw the military, and I don't think its entirely evil of a system if a few small groups of people are unable to play it. The console is bad enough as it is.

Dan

XONE needs Internet to play ;)
PCs also require many games to be connected to Internet to play games ;)

It IS unneeded inconvenience but it isn't NEW.

True but most PC games can be played offline, if the internet or Microsoft servers go down so does your game. I just prefer actually owning my games, I'll know in the future I'll be able to play my SNES, PS2 and what not with no hassle, what happens when those servers do go down I wonder. Micorosft just wanted to control their market, I don't know if this is good, PC for instance still has competition from loads of other digital distribution services, while Microsoft will control sales completely... :I

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I haven't checked around for a 360, but I'm pretty sure I've seen PS3 emulators before...

lel no. Running the BIOS =/= being able to run games. All you've seen are virus upon virus.

@IHG
Yeah I don't mind the military not being able to play XONE, not like there's anything decent announced for it just yet, and it's not like I'd pay to get that POS system anyway when I could just shoot for a gaming PC or old school system.

@Dan
True

Dan

Well, fortunately, I am one of the few people who don't work on oil rigs for 3 weeks of my life at a time. Thank god, eh? So, thank you for your concern but, I'll be happy and enjoy my Xbox One purchase thank you very much, and it'll be sat in the same place every single other console I've ever owned has stayed; under the TV, in my house.

Also, have you ever heard of handhelds?

Work on an oil rig? Many of us go on holiday on an oil rig! and so should you

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Work on an oil rig? Many of us go on holiday on an oil rig! and so should you

I actually used that reference, because my brother works on the rigs, and I know they usually had a tv, but not always internet.

What if wanted to play a gaming console and didn't have a TV? The consoles must have built in TVs now...

What if I was on my way to Mars and NASA's shuttles didn't have enough power to power a gaming console, the tv and all that jazz? They should make a gaming console that uses no power at all. Runs on a lifelong battery.

What if I wanted to play online from the ocean? The xbox should have super wi-fi so I can steal an Australian's wifi connection while I'm off the African shores fighting pirates IRL, and fighting pirates online...

What if you used realistic examples of actual consumers that exist that won't be able to use the system instead of being sarcastic.

Its not even that there is a good reason they shouldn't be able to buy and enjoy the product, its not like single player games have any real reason to require internet.

These type of restrictions will do nothing to stop piracy, the people who pirate games will find work arounds. These type of restrictions only hurt legitimate consumers, and frankly immoral.

think about this in the long run. when Generation 9 is here Microsoft will start shutting down servers and serveses for the X box One. so that can make your console forever useless. meanwhile the PS4 ( hopefully), and the WII U can still play games just like their predecessors. ooh and have fun installing games on that 500GB hard drive that cant be exchanged or upgraded, you better hope they will allow 3rd party external HDDs, or it might be like what sony did with the PS vita memory sticks, charging an arm and a leg for something that should not cost as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom