• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Random Drawing Contest Round 53

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
RDC FAQ

Main Theme: The Legend of Zelda
Sub Theme: The Master(s) of Sneaking

The winner is FriedCuccoLady with the entry...

img1618ny.jpg

Round 54 Main Theme: Ocarina of Time
Sub Theme: Free For All

(Draw anything pertaining to the main theme)

Entries due 6/2/13​

What competition it is? : (
I also wondered about someone else's ideas...
Why didn't you take part in it? It was easy... even Link is the master of sneaking...
You might wonder why I'm so complainig... well, I'm disappointed, since i worked hard on this one and... No one else T-T

Question to the next round... Why is there note in the brackets? Does it mean I didn't make it? I mean, I don't know if the main theme "Legend of Zelda" referred to the game or to the whole series... I thought about whole series, though... (so i picked up Spirit Tracks) if so, I'm sorry for my mistake...

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I'm sorry. I would have participated if I knew what to draw and had the time. I'm concentrating on Mafia right now.

And I'm not sure, but I do believe that "The Legend of Zelda" refers to the series.

And you did make it. You won :) Congratulation :clap: You would be getting a medal at some point. And you can always participate next round :)

I liked this submission. It was all drawn by hand. The lines and curves look very nice. The shading is also very, very good :)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What competition it is? : (
I also wondered about someone else's ideas...
Why didn't you take part in it? It was easy... even Link is the master of sneaking...
You might wonder why I'm so complainig... well, I'm disappointed, since i worked hard on this one and... No one else T-T

You have your right to speak your piece, but I would prefer if you not speak so harshly. I certainly don't mind people encouraging others to participate, but please choose your words. Some people don't have the time, some people don't have the inspiration, some people just don't want to do it. There's no real reason to demand a reason from others as to why they did not participate. I know that people participate hoping to put their ideas against others, and I would love to have the most people I can get to participate, but the overall purpose is to have fun and getting angry at people for not participating is going against that.

Question to the next round... Why is there note in the brackets? Does it mean I didn't make it? I mean, I don't know if the main theme "Legend of Zelda" referred to the game or to the whole series... I thought about whole series, though... (so i picked up Spirit Tracks) if so, I'm sorry for my mistake...

The names I create for the contest are supposed to be creative, but sometimes people don't always get the theme. Sometimes I put what I mean in parentheses because I don't want to change the name. Imagine this...

*Sub Theme: Draw Whatever You Want*

Just not as catchy. This is my own little way of being "artistic." What you submitted is fine. I'll never penalize someone for not meeting a theme (unless I think they're trolling). How well your picture meets the theme is how some people choose to base their vote on. I am a bit ashamed of myself though. I usually put "series" or "game" after "Legend of Zelda" but I forgot last round... oops.

Annie, thank you very much :]

You have your right to speak your piece, but I would prefer if you not speak so harshly. I certainly don't mind people encouraging others to participate, but please choose your words. Some people don't have the time, some people don't have the inspiration, some people just don't want to do it. There's no real reason to demand a reason from others as to why they did not participate. I know that people participate hoping to put their ideas against others, and I would love to have the most people I can get to participate, but the overall purpose is to have fun and getting angry at people for not participating is going against that.
I'm so sorry... I wasn't angry or anything like that (maybe a little sad)... But i didn't know it would sound harsh... I'm still not fluently english-speaking and i don't know if something sounds right or not... well, i doubted it, but didn't know how to change it...
I'm truly sorry... : (

The names I create for the contest are supposed to be creative, but sometimes people don't always get the theme. Sometimes I put what I mean in parentheses because I don't want to change the name. Imagine this...

*Sub Theme: Draw Whatever You Want*

Just not as catchy. This is my own little way of being "artistic." What you submitted is fine. I'll never penalize someone for not meeting a theme (unless I think they're trolling). How well your picture meets the theme is how some people choose to base their vote on. I am a bit ashamed of myself though. I usually put "series" or "game" after "Legend of Zelda" but I forgot last round... oops.
oh, now i understand what you meant... I thought it was really something connected to the "free for ..." like on sales or so... I didn't think about it being a free theme, so i also mistook the paretheses. Even if you wrote "draw whatever you want" in the Sub theme, i think, I still would try to fit it with my concept like a normal theme. (how stupid, isn't it?:])
I'm also ashamed of myself for being so misunderstanding. I'm sorry.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm sorry guys, I would have entered, but I don't have my tablet pen currently. T_T Hopefully I'll be getting a new one in a week or so. I'll try to enter then. I'd like to see the drawing contest become more active, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom