• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda WiiU Poll

More whimsical feel, more gritty feel or in between?

• whimsical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gritty

• Somewhere in the middle

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would you like Zelda WiiU to have a more whimsical look and feel to it like Skyward Sword or a more dark, gritty look and feel to it like (or even more than) Twilight Princess? Or would you like a game that finds a happy medium between the two?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Middle. I actually expect it to be a sort of mixture between OoT 3D and TP's art styles. Detailed textures with vibrant colors and a glossy overtone.
^ Pretty much this, I expect it to follow suit from Twilight Princess but with more detail and a brighter colour scheme. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it looked a lot like the tech demo they showcased at E3 2011.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
It would be super neat if it looked like the minigame in Nintendo Land. Everybody would hate it, but it would look really cute if it looked like that.

:Kirby:

I'm also wondering about the actual plot and feel that the game has. I may be in the minority here, but I preferred the the 'western fantasy game' kind of plot that Twilight Princess had to the 'I'm saving my best friend' type plot that Skyward Sword had. In fact, when I think about it, i think I actually prefer Twilight princess as a whole to Skyward Sword.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm also wondering about the actual plot and feel that the game has. I may be in the minority here, but I preferred the the 'western fantasy game' kind of plot that Twilight Princess had to the 'I'm saving my best friend' type plot that Skyward Sword had. In fact, when I think about it, i think I actually prefer Twilight princess as a whole to Skyward Sword.

I think Zelda Wii U should go with something completely new. It's generally based on the Hero's Journey formula, and the one style that hasn't been done yet is "Hero as Saint". I wouldn't be surprised if Zelda Wii U follows that path.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The closer to "realism" the better. It attracts more people sure enough, and it looks prettier to me.

Of course, I'm expecting some art style that a kid thought of - some kind of happy happy fun land like TWW and SS brought to the table.

bunny

birb overlord
I'm hoping Nintendo will go with a realistic style much like Twilight Princess, but with a brighter color scheme. I really want Nintendo to use the Wii U to it's full potential. If they end up using a kiddy art style like the Wind Waker or something, I am honestly going to be upset. The Wii U is capable of so much; it wouldn't be fair if Nintendo just ignored that.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
>Implying those art styles are kiddy.

"Kiddy" can mean a lot of things, but I'm specifically pointing to the "ignorance is bliss" vibe that I personally get from the art styles. I mean, kids can think of pretty demented things out there...so kiddy doesn't necessarily mean HAPPY HAPPY FUN TIME.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
My god this is my first post in years...
Anyways I love the whimsical style of LOL however a more gritty legend of Zelda game would be great. And for those who prefer the whimsical style it looks like the 3DS game should be more whimsical or at least thats what I can infer.

I liked skyward swords art style more than any other entry in the series. It wasn't as childish as tWW, or as dark and boring as TP, it was a happy medium between the two. It made it so the game and scenery were exciting and fun, but it could still be taken seriously.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Now that Nintendo has HD-capable hardware, there's no reason not to make the spiritual successor to Twilight Princess. If Skyward Sword didn't exist, I'd say somewhere in the middle. However, "somewhere in the middle" has already been done. That leaves WW graphics and TP graphics. Since TP graphics will benefit from HD the most, I say that it should have realistic graphics.

You're forgetting about Ocarina of Time 3D. And what makes "realistic" graphics benefit most from HD? I don't understand why people say that. Any art style benefits the exact same amount from HD because HD is HD. It doesn't cater to one specific style more than any other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom