• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It still reflects the behavior of a person. And I think that likes are given very often for not much of a reason even now. Maybe asking for a reason when you like someone's post might lessen the amount of likes being given.
Well at the end of the day likes aren't all that important, they're a fun feature more than anything, personally I like posts that are either, really well written, stating a good point, having common interest or maybe a humorous comment. I think having the like system on forums and blogs are fine, however in a VM system I just feel it would be redundant. Maybe a mod might explain as to why that system wasn't implemented in the first place, however this is just my stance on the matter.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Well at the end of the day likes aren't all that important, they're a fun feature more than anything, personally I like posts that are either, really well written, stating a good point, having common interest or maybe a humorous comment. I think having the like system on forums and blogs are fine, however in a VM system I just feel it would be redundant. Maybe a mod might explain as to why that system wasn't implemented in the first place, however this is just my stance on the matter.

It's already used pretty redundantly. Also, look at Keyshe's post above yours.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
I use them as acknowledgement of this I like, funny, well written or just agree. It can cut down on unneeded posts, and easily get in on a conversation with out butting-in. So being able to do that more just seem helpful for me. But I get you don't have a use for it, that's fine :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's already used pretty redundantly. Also, look at Keyshe's post above yours.
Well if it's used pretty redundantly already then wouldn't your suggestion be further pushing this notion?
Keshye said:
They kind are but personally I have gotten them from who only allow friends to VM back leaving me a harder time to communicate with them when a simple 'like' would help. I have also seen awesome VMs I'd like to comment on or give a little 'like' but can't easily as no one other then the two posters can be part of 'that' conversation.So I'd like to be able to like VMs.*
To be honest the VM feature is more of two way messaging system between one user and another while it would be nice to take part in multi conversations I feel that the VM system is mainly a two way communication system.

Eduarda

Yeah. The like system does help a lot in avoiding unnecessary posts. And the same can apply to VMs. Also, as Keyshe said, when you like a VM from a discussion of two other people (stalking, I know, but still).

Edit: Yes. But that's why I also suggest making it necessary to put in a reason.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmm maybe Locke or Djinn might be able to give a good answer on this but I think a like system for VM's would be a bit over the top. VM's are more personal things just like PM's while Blogs and forum posts are more general things. Why would you like a vm if you can tell this in a reply? And also...if someone gives a reply to someone else you like doesn't it give that user the feeling you are reading their convo's? Not that it is forbidden of course ;)

Eduarda

And also...if someone gives a reply to someone else you like doesn't it give that user the feeling you are reading their convo's? Not that it is forbidden of course ;)

I personally won't mind that, actually. Unless it goes full on stalker. But I guess others might.

It's just a suggestion...

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Why would you like a vm if you can tell this in a reply?
I have gotten them from who only allow friends to VM back leaving me a harder time to communicate with them when a simple 'like' would help. I had a long two day delay to reply to one more then once because of this-- a 'like' would have helped a lot there... I have to pm them or ask for a friend request first. Or ignore them.

I have also seen awesome VMs I'd like to comment on or give a little 'like' but can't easily as no one other then the two posters can be part of 'that' conversation.
So I'd like to be able to like VMs. One can not reply if there are not part of the two way--I'd have to go the long way around and have. I've seen links and pictures posted all the time-- I can not 'like' them or give a simple communication back for it. VM are like blog as they are public not private, and most are read with out trying as there are right there in your face.

If 'liking' a post has value- liking any communication is too.
It's a suggestion for something that would be helpful to me- is if it's not any use to others, or too hard, that's fine. :)

And also...if someone gives a reply to someone else you like doesn't it give that user the feeling you are reading their convo's? Not that it is forbidden of course ;)
Convo's get read all the time, why should someone NOT be let known it's happening? I get people talking to me all the time who read though mine lol They are not privet but in public-unless you make it so only your friends can see them-- The top VMs are right there anyone can see them with out trying to read them. I've even been directed to by someone to their own VMs for information/link XD

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I have gotten them from who only allow friends to VM back leaving me a harder time to communicate with them when a simple 'like' would help. I had a long two day delay to reply to one more then once because of this-- a 'like' would have helped a lot there... I have to pm them or ask for a friend request first. Or ignore them.

I have also seen awesome VMs I'd like to comment on or give a little 'like' but can't easily as no one other then the two posters can be part of 'that' conversation.
So I'd like to be able to like VMs. One can not reply if there are not part of the two way--I'd have to go the long way around and have. I've seen links and pictures posted all the time-- I can not 'like' them or give a simple communication back for it. VM are like blog as they are public not private, and most are read with out trying as there are right there in your face.

If 'liking' a post has value- liking any communication is too.
It's a suggestion for something that would be helpful to me- is if it's not any use to others, or too hard, that's fine. :)

Convo's get read all the time, why should someone NOT be let known it's happening? I get people talking to me all the time who read though mine lol They are not privet but in public-unless you make it so only your friends can see them-- The top VMs are right there anyone can see them with out trying to read them. I've even been directed to by someone to their own VMs for information/link XD

Oh I have heard complains from some people about others reading their convo's. This is something we can't prevend though. People can either turn the visibility off and on.
I personally don't really care about a like system for VM's. I would turn the feature off in the settings if it was available

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I was wondering, is there anyway we can honor any and all members by starting some sort of "Member of the Month/Week"? I just think it'd be a great way to get people more involved with the community. We could have it as some form of award, and have users nominate others on who they think deserves it the most. Like what we're doing with Golden Fros, except slightly different. We can also have a thread that announces who our members of the moth/week are. Is this doable?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Is there any way that we can manually disable the Pokemon postbits in Settings? They take up so much space and loading time for me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom