• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Nintendo Direct News And Discussion Thread

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is the thread for discussions regarding all Nintendo Direct broadcasts. Nintendo Direct is Nintendo's regular method of delivering its news direct to you. Often during these broadcasts Nintendo deliver some exciting announcements and if you are watching live you will be the first to know about the new announcements.
Nintendo-Direct-Logo.jpg

Nintendo Direct USA
Nintendo Direct Europe
Nintendo Direct Australia
Nintendo Direct Japan

Last edited by a moderator:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sweet thread, Jimmy. It's rather helpful to have one around. My most anticipated announcement at the recent ND has got to be Zelda 3DS. Don't get me wrong; I'm not hyped up for it in anyway. I am, however, ready to sink my teeth on whatever it is the title will have to offer. Perhaps Nintendo is finally having that much needed in-house restructure? Who can say? :3

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
New Wii U Nintendo Direct Incoming guys! (Worldwide links to Nintendo Direct are in the OP)
Nintendo of Europe said:
Nintendo Direct is coming soon! Make sure you tune in to this global presentation on the Wii U software coming this spring and summer. Check back here on Friday, May 17th at 3 p.m. (UK time) to watch the broadcast live!
Nintendo of America said:
We’re having a Nintendo Direct tomorrow to provide updates on upcoming summer Wii U and Nintendo 3DS games.
We’ll discuss future Wii U titles for fall and onward in a Nintendo Direct before the start of E3 2013.
LIVE - May 17 at 7 a.m. PT / May 17 at 10 a.m. ET
Nintendo of Australia said:
Nintendo Direct is coming soon! Make sure you tune in to this global presentation on the Wii U software coming this spring and summer. Check back here on Friday, May 17th at 24:00 (AEST) to watch the broadcast live!
Nintendo of Japan said:
More details will be added when they become available.

What are you guys looking forward to/predicting?

I'm hoping for some new game news and more WWHD information personally.

Last edited:

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Hmmm, I don't know what to expect really, but if there will be some info on the various games I'm interested in such as WWHD, Pokémon X and Y, and others I guess it'll be worth watching. I really need something eventful to happen, overall my life is too dull at the moment.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nintendo Direct: Round-Up!

So as I'm sure many knew, Nintendo recently held it's latest 'Nintendo Direct' webcast, and here's just a quick round-up of some of the bigger things that were revealed during the show.

• Wonderful 101, the new game by Platinum Games, who you'll know from titles like Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta, will be available exclusively on Wii U on the 23rd of August in Europe, and the 15th of September in the US. This game has you "controlling a large group of superheroes to fight off an alien invasion threatening the city", and considering Platinum's track record, something to look forward to, along with the equally-Wii U exclusive Bayonetta 2.
  • A new Sonic title, Sonic: Lost World, has been revealed to be exclusive to both of Nintendo's current-gen platforms, the Wii U and 3DS. More details will be revealed ahead of E3 in June, but, what we know is that it's an "action adventure platforming game". A new partnership has also bloomed between old rivals Nintendo and SEGA, with SEGA saying in a statement "Sega have chosen to exclusively partner with Nintendo to distribute or publish the next three Sonic the Hedgehog titles throughout Europe and Australia. The deal will cover the recently announced Sonic Lost World, Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games plus one other to-be-revealed title." So, if you want your Sonic fix, seems like the Wii U is the place to be!
  • Pikmin 3 has finally recieved a release date for Europe, of July 26th. The August 4th release date set for the US still stands.
  • Game & Wario, the successor to the much-loved Warioware series, will be launching in June on the Wii U, in the 23rd in the US and 28th in Europe. It's being developed by the original team behind Warioware, and features new 16 mini-games, designed to make good use of the Wii U's Gamepad.
  • Yakuza 1 & 2 are being bundled together into a HD collection, with new Gamepad gameplay functionality, and will be released in Japan on the 8th of August. No news as of right now if the collection will be coming over to us, so watch this space!
  • There are times when Luigi doesn't always play second-fiddle to Mario, and this time he'll be doing it without a vacuum in his trembling hands. New Super Luigi U, which was formerly announced as a DLC supplement for New Super Mario Bros U, will also be released standalone in retail. All 82 stages of the original title have been re-worked and changed for Mario's brother, and you must forever contend with the new 99-second timer for every level. Expect some fast-paced action! It'll be digitally released on June 20th in Europe as DLC, or July 26th for the retail edition. Americans will be left waiting till August 25th for their retail title.
  • Nintendo are "bringing E3 to you". A partnership with the US retail chain BestBuy has been announced, and at certain locations, many unreleased and up-coming Wii U games will be available to play within these selected BestBuy stores during the week of E3, which will be held June 11th to the 13th. What games will be playable is not known, but speculation has pointed towards titles such as the next Mario Kart and even Smash Brothers. Let us know how they handle if you get the chance to be there!
  • The eShop got two tidbits of news at the show; along with the partnership regarding Sonic games, SEGA are also bringing many more Game Gear titles to the 3DS' eShop in the coming months. Any fans who never had a Game Gear but would love to play some titles, the 3DS is for you, and as well as a few Sonic titles like Sonic 2: Mean Bean Machine and Sonic Blast, you'll be seeing Shining Force II: Sword of Hayja, Vampire: Master of Darkness and many more. Also, the Zelda Oracle series will be discounted at launch, and will be just $4.99 each on the eShop for 3 weeks after their release on the 30th of June. Not bad at all.

You can watch the presentation right on YouTube, as well as enjoying Iwata's devilish handsomeness.

[video=youtube;Z3hZDCpeNKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z3hZDCpeNKo[/video]

What do you guys think? A good presentation? A good line-up that will help the Wii U, or does it still just need that little bit more? We'll likely be seeing a few more reveals come E3.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Happy for all the people who have wanted Pikmin 3 for so long, but this there isn't anything here that even comes close to compel me to buy a Wii U.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I wonder what Sonic: Lost World will be like... A lot of great titles are heading our way, so I'd better brace myself.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nothing too much that interests me here but then again I'm not expecting much news till around E3 which is less than a month away now (woot woot). But anyway I'm glad that we finally got a release date for Pikmin 3 that game has been hiding away from too long now. Only other thing that I'm happy about is the Oracles, I was getting them anyway but hey its always nice to see a price cut.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nothing interesting. The exclusive deal between Nintendo and SEGA is definitely cool, though.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So New Super Luigi U is going to retail in Australia for $60, it's DLC are they serious!?!? $60, that's just $20 less than New Super Mario Bros U :/

Anyway... The direct was shorter than I expected, but I'm sure that they are saving some announcements for E3. I'm looking forward to more Wii U games though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So New Super Luigi U is going to retail in Australia for $60, it's DLC are they serious!?!? $60, that's just $20 less than New Super Mario Bros U :/

Video games cost WAY more in Australia than they do in most other areas. They have to pay something like $100 for games that would cost $60 in the States and other Western countries. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom