• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Do remember that we've even had Admins screw with MAJOR things on purpose. You know, the people who actually sign contracts and shizzles. The whole purpose of minimodding is to, well, check on things when mods can't. And, since HKs already review each others' behaviors nonstop, what would be a better group?

Dude, we have one admin (unless you're referring to previous administrators I was not around to encounter). Wyatt doesn't mess with things 24/7, it's an every now-and-then occurrence. He always knows what he's tampering with and is able to fix it quickly and easily. You can't deny that you've enjoyed his humorous acts every once in a while. Aside from that, I really dislike how HKs can minimod and not get in trouble, but as soon as someone else minimods, they get an infraction. I've seen a handful of HKs that have most aspects of the rank down, but overtime began to lack certain fundamentals. One major thing would have to be behavioral aspects, which have been lacking lately. If we made a completely separate usergroup and only added the most respectful of users, we'd be set to go.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dude, we have one admin. Wyatt doesn't mess with things 24/7, it's an every now-and-then occurrence. He always knows what he's tampering with and is able to fix it quickly and easily. You can't deny that you've enjoyed his humorous acts every once in a while. Aside from that, I really dislike how HKs can minimod and not get in trouble, but as soon as someone else minimods, they get an infraction. I've seen a handful of HKs that have most aspects of the rank down, but overtime began to lack certain fundamentals. One major thing would have to be behavioral aspects, which have been lacking lately. If we made a completely separate usergroup and only added the most respectful of users, we'd be set to go.

1) "We've had" =/= "We have" mate
2) Again, "the most respectful users" means absolutely nothing. Anyone can snap at anytime. It's been proven by HKs - who by definition are well-mannered users - being booted by demotion, not resignation. Why go through the extra fuss of making an entirely new usergroup when we're dealing with the same stuff?

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
1) "We've had" =/= "We have" mate
2) Again, "the most respectful users" means absolutely nothing. Anyone can snap at anytime. It's been proven by HKs - who by definition are well-mannered users - being booted by demotion, not resignation. Why go through the extra fuss of making an entirely new usergroup when we're dealing with the same stuff?
1.) "(unless you're referring to previous administrators I was not around to encounter)" added that in last minute. Srry m8

2.) Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few users personally resign before, but we've had a few demotions because clearly we don't know what the definition of an HK is anymore. If we did, no one would be demoted, and we certainly wouldn't have people resigning. It wouldn't necessarily be the exact same criteria to become some sort of SB moderator, as it is to become an HK. And besides, the more respectful users are, the less likely they are to break under pressure/give in to anger and aggression.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1.) "(unless you're referring to previous administrators I was not around to encounter)" added that in last minute. Srry m8

2.) Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few users personally resign before, but we've had a few demotions because clearly we don't know what the definition of an HK is anymore. If we did, no one would be demoted, and we certainly wouldn't have people resigning. It wouldn't necessarily be the exact same criteria to become some sort of SB moderator, as it is to become an HK.

3)And besides, the more respectful users are, the less likely they are to break under pressure/give in to anger and aggression.
1) Oh ****, forgot you're a 2012er. Sorry about that :sweat:

2) Oh yes, we've had a ton of HKs resign from all walks of usergroups (I think even WSes have resigned but not sure bout that). However, it isn't because we were walking in some grey area and the rest of the usergroup got tired of that one user. No - it was because they snapped for whatever reason. Boredom with the site, trolling, etc. There are distinct rules for every usergroup and honestly, you have to intentionally act out of line in order to get demoted. ;)

3) I respectfully disagree, but whatever. You view it your way and I do mine ;)

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
1) Oh ****, forgot you're a 2012er. Sorry about that :sweat:

2) Oh yes, we've had a ton of HKs resign from all walks of usergroups (I think even WSes have resigned but not sure bout that). However, it isn't because we were walking in some grey area and the rest of the usergroup got tired of that one user. No - it was because they snapped for whatever reason. Boredom with the site, trolling, etc. There are distinct rules for every usergroup and honestly, you have to intentionally act out of line in order to get demoted. ;)

3) I respectfully disagree, but whatever. You view it your way and I do mine ;)

1.) S'ok brah. ;)

2.) I don't believe that you have to necessarily act poorly on purpose to get demoted, but I suppose it's one possibility (also, I personally requested to resign to start over after my 1st ban -- others were demoted due to a severe lack in activity). Overall though, I do believe that if a new usergroup is created for this sole purpose, I guarantee a handful of HKs would be apart of it. Just not all of them. :bleh:

3.) Fair enough. This is ZD, after all. Everyone disagrees with everyone, and opinions wind up magically being wrong. ._.|l|

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
2.) Actually, I'm pretty sure I've seen a few users personally resign before, but we've had a few demotions because clearly we don't know what the definition of an HK is anymore. If we did, no one would be demoted, and we certainly wouldn't have people resigning. It wouldn't necessarily be the exact same criteria to become some sort of SB moderator, as it is to become an HK. And besides, the more respectful users are, the less likely they are to break under pressure/give in to anger and aggression.

This is not exactly true (the HK part). Now better keep this topic for suggestions instead of arguing about the ranks of HK's lately. It is getting annoying.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I have an idea for the competitions section. A photomanip contest. You go out and take a picture somewhere, then edit it with photoshop/gimp/whatever to make it look like a location from the Zelda series. Or we can expand it to include Pokemon locations too.

Rules would be you can't use something someone else is made(duh), and you have to take the base picture yourself, but you can use images from elsewhere to add into it, as long as you give credit.

Came up with this after I turned the local mountains into Death Mountain Trail:
death_mountain_trail_by_rubydragoncat-d6596f4.png

Djinn

and Tonic
There do seem to be a much larger amount of suggestions and complaints proposed in association with the HK group lately. Of course lately meaning within the last 8 or so months. The amount seems to be more than within my time being here overall. However the population of the forum has been steadily growing more within the last year and a half that it has within the many years before that. Transforming from small tight knit community to large hub of activity but a lot of the old traditions that are more noticeable in a small forum have not evolved with it as much. HK promotion still mostly occurs at the same rate as it did when the active users around here was floating around in the 50's. There has been a lot of talk about altering the system and how it is handled, most have equal good and bad points so there has been only a little progress.

This is why I had a radical idea to transform the HK usergroup into one of three 'clans" which were to be themed groups with their own private forum section that anyone could chose to join on their own but could only join one once. The other two I proposed be Pokemon and Darksiders themed since those were the main series we followed here. This idea seemed to gain a mix of likes and serious dislikes. Some of which were claiming it to be a ZU-ification of the community and it was eventually dropped. This did lead to another idea of just how they would be picked, separate from the old method and we are still experimenting with it and trying to increase the activity among the group.

The HKs are not mimimods by any means, this goes against the core concept here that all members are equal and there are no class difference within the members. However they are picked based on behavior that they have a good understanding of the rules and are generally good posters with good attitudes. This leads to a lot considering them to have a better grasp of the rules here so reminders are generally allowed. Things like "Hey you probably should not post X" instead of "You broke X, you're not allowed to break X, await your ban!" One being a helpful reminder the other being an outright accusation as if they were dispensing justice.

I have an idea for the competitions section. A photomanip contest. You go out and take a picture somewhere, then edit it with photoshop/gimp/whatever to make it look like a location from the Zelda series. Or we can expand it to include Pokemon locations too.

Rules would be you can't use something someone else is made(duh), and you have to take the base picture yourself, but you can use images from elsewhere to add into it, as long as you give credit.

Came up with this after I turned the local mountains into Death Mountain Trail:
death_mountain_trail_by_rubydragoncat-d6596f4.png

Sounds interesting but it also sounds like a weekly theme for the graphics competition.

Dan

Lol double post :/

Anyway I feel the uploading emote system is kinda redundant, I mean it's all well and good giving the freedom to members to upload emotes and it makes for a lot of variety but I feel it is just too accessible and frankly too easy to abuse they system. To be honest I wasn't a fan from the beginning and I can guess I'm a hypocrite for uploading one of the most pointless emotes ever, but I did this for more of an example than anything else.

Having more emotes is certainly good but there is such a thing as too many and more specifically too many non-relevant emotes, now don't get me wrong I think some of the emotes are quite funny but I just see this going downhill. I think a more efficient way to handle emote uploading among the community would be to have a thread dedicated to suggestions. That thread would be handled by a mod and people could approve of the emote and at the end of the day if a majority approves then it should be uploaded. This would make it more of a rarity and a new emote would be more appreciated and it would generally increase the quality of the emotes among the site. Just an idea...

So did you make this suggestion before or after :milkbag: ? xD
I think emoticons are fine, they aren't hurting anyone... That I know of, I mean they are pretty stupid the whole point of an emoticon to begin with is to show an emotion that's often hard to express in text, especially sarcasm. Some emoticons are kinda ridicules because you can't tell what they are supposed to even represent. I really don't see an issue with emoticons like I said they aren't really doing anything bad but some of them do seem a bit pointless. I think most people just want something to complain about sometimes ;p

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think you should put a like button in VMs too :)

It's in posts and blogs, so why not VMs?
This is just my opinion, but aren't VMs more of a personal feature? They're between two users essentially, while it could be implemented I'd feel it would be heavily redundant.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
This is just my opinion, but aren't VMs more of a personal feature? They're between two users essentially, while it could be implemented I'd feel it would be heavily redundant.

It still reflects the behavior of a person. And I think that likes are given very often for not much of a reason even now. Maybe asking for a reason when you like someone's post might lessen the amount of likes being given.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
They kind are but personally I have gotten them from who only allow friends to VM back leaving me a harder time to communicate with them when a simple 'like' would help. I have also seen awesome VMs I'd like to comment on or give a little 'like' but can't easily as no one other then the two posters can be part of 'that' conversation.
So I'd like to be able to like VMs. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom