• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Veran.... Twili?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Alright this theory is a bit "out there" and something I thought about while seeing something on Midna, and I noticed that Veran looks like Midna (human form) Veran has blue skin with Red hair, not only that but she IS a sorceress of Shadows, there is also the Gerudo symbol on her (but then again, it's also on Onox and it's not certain that the twili are Gerudo). What do you think of this theory? If it is true, could it also mean something for the timeline somehow?

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Impossible. At the end of TP, Midna destroys the Mirror of Twilight. No more contact with Twilight realm.

Before OoT, The Twili didn't even exist.

Between OoT and Tp, Ganon still has the Triforce of Power and I belive that the full Triforce is present at the beginning in OoX. (I don't own either, so I'm not entirely sure.)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Impossible. At the end of TP, Midna destroys the Mirror of Twilight. No more contact with Twilight realm.

Between OoT and Tp, Ganon still has the Triforce of Power and I belive that the full Triforce is present at the beginning in OoX. (I don't own either, so I'm not entirely sure.)

Ah but in the child timeline Ganondorf doesn't get the triforce of power because Link doesn't get the Master Sword.

The problem with Veran being a Twili is that she is that Veran can change forms, which makes it tough to come up with theorys about her.

In fact Veran might not have a true form.
We see her in different forms thoughout the game.
Human form, flying bug form, beetle form, spider form, and bee form.
Because of this it's almost impossible to come up with a theory about what she really is.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well she does share the same looks as Midna in a way with the blue skin and all, but Midna doesn't have red hair, she has orange, I believe. Another thing is that although Veran was a sorceress of shadows, that doesn't necessarily mean that she could be a twili. Sure Midna showed shadow ablilities, she didn't necessarily show the capabilities of being able to possess someone like Veran did. (If she were able to do that then she would have been able to make Link do her bidding without having to persuade him in the first place.)

More than likely, the reason why the Gerudo symbols are on Veran and on Onox is probably to show their alliance with the Gerudo sisters, Twinrova.

The problem with Veran being a Twili is that she is that Veran can change forms, which makes it tough to come up with theorys about her.

Because of this it's almost impossible to come up with a theory about what she really is.

Well technically the Twili can change forms, if you count Midna using the fused shadows to do so. But unlike Veran, Midna had to have something to change form, Veran didn't. (At least to my knowledge she didn't.)

Megamannt125

Blue Link
Well she does share the same looks as Midna in a way with the blue skin and all, but Midna doesn't have red hair, she has orange, I believe. Another thing is that although Veran was a sorceress of shadows, that doesn't necessarily mean that she could be a twili. Sure Midna showed shadow ablilities, she didn't necessarily show the capabilities of being able to possess someone like Veran did. (If she were able to do that then she would have been able to make Link do her bidding without having to persuade him in the first place.)

More than likely, the reason why the Gerudo symbols are on Veran and on Onox is probably to show their alliance with the Gerudo sisters, Twinrova.

Well technically the Twili can change forms, if you count Midna using the fused shadows to do so. But unlike Veran, Midna had to have something to change form, Veran didn't. (At least to my knowledge she didn't.)
Maybe Midna CAN possess people, she just chooses not to because she's not evil.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Maybe Midna CAN possess people, she just chooses not to because she's not evil.

There is no evidence to back this up. She was a very pushy character and I honestly believe she would have possessed someone if she could. Regardless of being evil or not, I think she would have done it and as I have said, there is no evidence of her being able to do such things and seeing as how the game ended with an almost 100% chance that we will never see her again, there will never be evidence for it.

peanutjoepap

Mr. Peanut
Sure Midna showed shadow ablilities, she didn't necessarily show the capabilities of being able to possess someone like Veran did.

Well Ganondorf did poses Zelda with his newly learned Twilight powers and Zant possessed the Stalord with Twilight magic. And Zant changed forms slightly when he made himself giant in the battle, and remember in the early part of the game when Midna changed to look like llia, plus she can turn in to Link's shadow at will.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Well Ganondorf did poses Zelda with his newly learned Twilight powers and Zant possessed the Stalord with Twilight magic. And Zant changed forms slightly when he made himself giant in the battle, and remember in the early part of the game when Midna changed to look like llia, plus she can turn in to Link's shadow at will.

True Ganondorf did do that, but you have to remember that some of his powers comes from the Triforce of Power and also recall that Zant orginally did not have those abilities. They were given to him by Ganondorf. I think (although this is just speculation on my part) that in a sense, Ganondorf's power from the Triforce enhanced the Twilight magic to allow him and Zant to do those things. Thus they couldn't do it originally before they began to share powers.

And Yes, Midna did change forms during that point, but I see that as just an illusion trick. Also possibly (another speculation here) it could just be that she could change into other people and not beasts, seeing as the only time that she did change into a beast in the game was with the Fused Shadows.

Honestly I don't think Midna is turning into Link's shadow. I believe that she stated in the game at one point about hiding in Link's shadow. She said this, I believe, when they first arrived in the Twilight Realm.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

During the battle, when she turns into the "turtle-like" form, she says that she's gonna kill Link because she had to show her true form.

here is the actual quote(I hope you like it, because it was really hard to find)

"You've seen me
like this
before, but this
is my true form.
You'll regret
making me show
my true might!"

Steve

5/19/13
It's defintely not out of the question that she is Twili, and honestly she resembles them quite a bit.

While this is certainly true, never is it said that they did not have the physical features they do in Twilight Princess (blue skin, red hair, etc.), and I honestly doubt that every single Twili was banished to the Twilight Realm. With that said, it's likely she descended from a Twili that was not banished.

Ah but in the child timeline Ganondorf doesn't get the triforce of power because Link doesn't get the Master Sword.
That's not true, Link was sent back after he acquired the Master Sword and Ganondorf received the Triforce of Power.

I recall the Veran also wearing the Gerudo symbol on their clothing as the Twili did.

I believe he used his power from the Triforce of Power to do this, Not his Twilight Magic...Infact I don't remember him gaining any Twilight Magic, He just uses the same means as Midna does when she uses a portal to take over a body. Zant never possessed Stallord either, He just reanimate's him using his power most likely granted to him by Ganondorf.

Thats not really full transforming when he makes himself bigger and smaller, He just makes himself a different size. Midna can transform into Ilia because Midna has the true power of the Twili so unless Veran in the leader then I doubt it. She doesn't really turn into Link's shadow at will if I remember correctly, She just hides in it so that others can't see her. Infact I think she tells you once you first leave the Hyrule Castle after Meeting Princess Zelda.

True Ganondorf did do that, but you have to remember that some of his powers comes from the Triforce of Power and also recall that Zant orginally did not have those abilities. They were given to him by Ganondorf. I think (although this is just speculation on my part) that in a sense, Ganondorf's power from the Triforce enhanced the Twilight magic to allow him and Zant to do those things. Thus they couldn't do it originally before they began to share powers.

I believe that this is correct, Zant gained pretty much all his power because Ganondorf granted him power because of his promise that he would help Zant for helping him to get out the Twilight Realm and to Hyrule.

Although I do disagree with the fact that Ganondorf simply enhanced his Twilight Powers but its easily possible. I think that because he isn't part of Midna's bloodline that he holds little magical powers at all so Ganondorf had to grant him several. Well, there are powers that it would seem that Zant may have knew before like summoning Twilight Portals where ever he likes.

And Yes, Midna did change forms during that point, but I see that as just an illusion trick. Also possibly (another speculation here) it could just be that she could change into other people and not beasts, seeing as the only time that she did change into a beast in the game was with the Fused Shadows.

I agree with this statement as well, I believe that Ilia may have just been an illusion that Midna made with her power, After all it doesn't seem like a hard task to do and it isn't actually possessing someone, Just imitating their looks. I doubt Midna can transform into beasts by will or with her own magic either, If she could she would have done to defend herself whenever Ganondorf/Zant forced her out of the Twilight Realm.

As it stands I have little knowledge of Veran but I have enough Knowledge to believe that Veran doesn't belong to the Twili Race, She does share certain qualities that they do but it doesn't mean she is one of them but hey, I could be wrong but I'm doubting it.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It's defintely not out of the question that she is Twili, and honestly she resembles them quite a bit.

While this is certainly true, never is it said that they did not have the physical features they do in Twilight Princess (blue skin, red hair, etc.), and I honestly doubt that every single Twili was banished to the Twilight Realm. With that said, it's likely she descended from a Twili that was not banished.

That's not true, Link was sent back after he acquired the Master Sword and Ganondorf received the Triforce of Power.
No he was sent back before he even met Zelda and started collecting the stones, Aonuma even said that Link was sent back, Zelda and Link left Ganondorf alone (meaning not tryin to open the door of time to try and stop him from doing something), he did something outrageous, then was sentanced to execution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom