• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda One Thing Your Favourite Zelda Game Wouldn't Be the Same Without

We all have our favourites, but sometimes the little things are the things that sway us the most. For example i was torn between Wind Waker and Twilight Princess being my favourite Zelda game and it was the little things that helped me ultimately decide.

But if one of those things were to be taken away, something like a weapon/item, a certain place in the game or plot point, a character (however minor) would this change the face of the game for you?

For example, Wind Waker wouldn't be the same for me without the 'small fry' fish, i love that fish...

How about you, what could be taken away from your favourite Zelda game that could make you feel differently about it?

Lord Carlisle

He Who Shall Not be Named
Oh, I could come up with one for every Zelda game I've played.

- TLOZ without the Old Man

- AOL without the palace music

- ALTTP without the Dark World

- LA without the Windfish's egg

- OOT without the OOT

- MM without the moon

- MC without Ezlo

- TP without Midna

-PH without Linebeck

- ST without Byrne

FAVORITE:

- SS without Ghirahim

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I like Majora's Mask the best so... probably masks. :P

If that doesn't count, since there's a lot of masks, I'd probably say the moon! The constant timer as you play as the moon comes down is a pretty important thing, second only to the masks most likely. Wouldn't feel the same without that threat constantly looming.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OoT would not be the same without a magic meter.
MM would not be the same without a magic meter.

That's about it.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
aLttP... Probably the Pegasus Boots. Otherwise I would get hellishly annoyed by how long traveling would take.

OoT, my second favorite, wouldn't be the same without Epona. Great part of gameplay, even though she's not extremely necessary. Her, and Darunia's "What a hot beat!" thing.

And MM (tied with OoT) wouldn't be the same without this:
SkullKid.png

As MM is my favorite Zelda game, Majora's Mask wouldn't be the same without the amazing music playing during the Final Hours. The minutes that play this music really captures the depressing mood of the environment. Would make me sad if they didn't have that music play during the Final Hours.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Someone beat me to it, but OoT wouldn't be the same without Epona. She was probably the first such horse ever ridden in a Zelda game, and she adds all sorts of fun, games, and quick movement to the game. Epona is the first thing I think about in OoT, and I hope she returns in the next game,

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ocarina of Time wouldn't be the same without Navi.
Majora's Mask wouldn't be the same without Tatl or the 3-day cycle.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Twilight Princess without the Twilight...

I know that's basically what the game is based around but I think it gave TP that edge that a lot of Zelda games don't have. People may complain about the tear collecting quests and I can say that it did get repetitive towards the end but what the Twilight sections brought to the game was great. It gave us a new outlook on Hyrule, we got to see it another light, literally, that way we could see the contrast between the two and just to see how the Twilight affected the world and its inhabitants.

The overworld in TP was the largest to date, maybe except of the Wind Waker, but it was such a large and expansive world and the Twilight sections gave them more depth. Areas would act completely different when in perpetual Twilight, it's habitants would become helpless spirits and it would be run with dark themed enemies that gave a twist to the ones seen in the light world. There was also the fact that we explored them in a different form completely making them unique as to when we traveled those areas in Hylian form.

The Twilight also added to the so called "darker concept" in the game. It added that sense of threat, that sense of evil that was clearly evidence through the first three sections of the game. This is one thing I feel Zelda games fail to execute, when we cleared a specific Province from Twilight it was a nice feeling however we were still hit with the reality that the Twilight was evident in other places and we could see this visually with the looming Twilight clouds. I also think, actually, within the realms, that it created this fear aspect. TP was one of the easiest Zelda games in my opinion but that doesn't change the fact that I felt this sense of danger when choosing few Zelda games fail to create.

The visuals within the Twilight Realm were also amazing, like I mentioned before it was meant to create this contrast with the light world and it certainly achieved that for me. The Twilight did have this eree feel and it related to the whole idea of danger, even the music and sounds added to create just an overall great atmosphere.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Skyward Sword is my favourite game, and it would not be the same if it didn't have motion controls. Or maybe the guays that poop on your head, I do get quite a laugh from that :lol:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Wii MotionPlus in Skyward Sword, of course. Motion controls were really pushed forward with SS, proving they weren't just a mere gimmick, as well as showcasing their advantages over standard controls in a game heavily focused on precision swordplay. I honestly hadn't felt as invigorated playing a Zelda game since experiencing the wonders of the revolutionary lock-on system seen in Ocarina of Time so many years ago. Just like how the time mechanic and masks make Majora's Mask (my other favorite Zelda game) what it is, the WM+ make SS what it is, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

OoT would not be the same without a magic meter.
MM would not be the same without a magic meter.

They honestly wouldn't be much different. Majora's Mask would have a somewhat noticeable change, but Ocarina of Time? Eh, not really. OoT's Magic Meter neither benefited nor hindered the experience. It was just kind of there.

Not sure why you overplay magic's importance to the series so much. The only game it's ever had a true impact on is Zelda II. Every other entry with it either gained little to nothing from it (ALttP, OoT, MM) or suffered because of it (TWW, almost TP).

Or maybe the guays that poop on your head, I do get quite a laugh from that :lol:

Oh, dem pesky Guays.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
The masks in MM, very fun in gathering them all and the different effects they give Link. Just amazing how they were integrated in the story as well.

The Wii MotionPlus in Skyward Sword.

Pretty funny, the one aspect of SS that makes you love it is the one that makes me despise it. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom