• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favourite Trading Sequence?

Darknut

time to panic
Which Zelda game had the best trading sequence to you and why? Also, what trading sequence item (item you get at the end of the trading sequence) did you like most, or what item would you like to see at the end of a trading sequence? My favourite would be Ocarina of Time because you actually got timed for some items, and my favourite item was the magic boomerang in Link's Awakening, it just sucked that you needed to trade another weapon for it, but once I got the noble sword I just let him keep my shovel.

Probably OoT's, just because it was the hardest. I can't remember exactly how many times I had to retry those last two timed runs before I finally got the Biggoron Sword.

As for favorite item, well, there isn't a lot to choose from, most of them being swords or heart pieces. I suppose I'd have to choose OoT again, because the Biggoron sword is awesome.

P

PimPSlaP

I agree with the two people that already said OoT. The first timed part caught me by supprise infact. Also the trading quest actually gave reason for the Lakeside Labratory, besides a skulltula and a piece of heart.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
My favourite trading sequence was probably that of Phantom Hourglass. You had no idea what the hell you were going to get, and you had to figure out who to give each item to for yourself. Virtually no help was given. I really like that, it posed a challenge. Also, I really liked what you got. It was kindof useless, just the great spin attack, but I really liked the way it was portrayed. The fact that this 'wayfarer' had found some rare legendary swordsman's scroll. I'm sorry, but that's just cool.

I really didn't like the on in LA. I didn't like the way it was done, the fact that all you needed to do was just walk around and something would eventually reveal itself to you. Also, I didn't like that it tied in with the storyline. I like a trading sequence to be a side-quest, that gives you something that helps out, but isn't required in the game. I know the boomerang wasn't required, but I heard that without the magnifying glass, you can't see the book in the library which tells you the way through the wind fish's egg. Also, I don't like the fact that you go through the whole trading sequence, then when you get to the end you have to trade one of your own weapons to get the boomerang. That just annoyed me.

However, inspite of all this, I think the boomerang in LA was the best item to get in a trading sequence. It was really worth the effort. It killed most enemies in one hit, and personally, IT WAS THE BOOMERANG! I had to get it because it's in like almost every Zelda game. The shovel is useless anyway. I liked the boomerang and I used it alot. This was one of the things I really liked about this game, the fact that the boomerang, an item that I usually never used, and normally was instantly outstripped by the Bow and Arrow actually had a purpose. I liked that alot.

Zarom

The King
My favorite trading sequence is definitely the one in WW. Those decorations things were so cool! A reallly good idea.

Last edited:

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
This probably goes in Zelda Favorites, actually.

Anyway, the only trading sequence I ever finished was the Goron Merchant quest in WW. I don't think TP's Magic Armor quest really counts, since you really only need to give some rupees and race across Eldin Field. I really want LA, if not for the game's general quality but for the fact that the boomerang isn't dead useless.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
My favorite trading sequence was in Ocarina of Time.

It was so much fun racing around Hyrule Field on Epona anxious to get the Biggoron's Sword. I was always worried that I'd run out of time, so I was thankful I planted the magic beans, which helped a lot. :) I was so relieved that I had finished the sidequest when I got the Biggoron's Sword. I felt I had done a good job in getting it.

Other than that, I liked Phantom Hourglass' one. It was quite creative and pretty fun to do. But it go a little boring at sometimes. It certainly paid off in the end though. :D

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I don´t believe I´ve completed all of the trading sequences but I do have a favorite one anyhow. My favorite is the OoA trading, I love to time-travel and if I remember it correctly someone needed some paper at some point, quite hilarious indeed :lol:

I might change my mind at some point in the future, if that´s the case I´ll let you know ;)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I agree with Bagu, I really liked OoA's TS.
Also, OoT's was not thaaaaaaat hard, apart from the thingie that was to be delivered in a limited time

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Mine is probably the one in Link's Awakening. In that game you actually have to beat it to beat the game. In the end it gets you the Magnifying Lens, but it's optional to go down to the beach and get the Boomerang which owns every enemy in the game lol.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Could the sequences in AoL be considered as trading sequences, or are they more fetch quests? For example, where you obtain the statue to bring back to the village in order to obtain new magic? I really enjoyed those "venture out to get one item in exchage for magic" missions. It was a great little way to earn the magic spells and you didn't get lost in the hubbub of just what exactly your final goal was.

Even if you were to find an item and had no idea what it was for, the answer was fairly easy that it belonged to a local village and you'd get magic for it. I often don't enjoy trading sequences because I get lost in what the overall goal is, or I find the next part in the chain so much beyond the last part that I forget about the mission. This is why I enjoyed the AoL ones. Short n' sweet, and with great, useful rewards!

V

voltarrow

i hate trading sequences, why can't u just get the item and that's all

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Could the sequences in AoL be considered as trading sequences, or are they more fetch quests? For example, where you obtain the statue to bring back to the village in order to obtain new magic? I really enjoyed those "venture out to get one item in exchage for magic" missions. It was a great little way to earn the magic spells and you didn't get lost in the hubbub of just what exactly your final goal was.

Even if you were to find an item and had no idea what it was for, the answer was fairly easy that it belonged to a local village and you'd get magic for it. I often don't enjoy trading sequences because I get lost in what the overall goal is, or I find the next part in the chain so much beyond the last part that I forget about the mission. This is why I enjoyed the AoL ones. Short n' sweet, and with great, useful rewards!

Yeah. I love the bit where the mirror is hidden under the table. Accidental finds for the win! I would never ever have looked there otherwise. This is one of the things I love so much about AoL. Just so random, there are no clues for anything. You just do it and sometimes well you just won't manage to find it at all. These were really good trading quests, I loved the sort of 'seek out' missions like this. I hated when I already accidentaly had the item. I wanted to go hunting for it once they asked me.

This has gotta go up there with one of my favourite trading quests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom