• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda A New Mode

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So I'm sure we're all familiar with the likes of the Master Quest in Ocarina of Time and the Hero Mode in
Skyward Sword . These are alternate modes to the the actual main story and once one has completed the main game they are unlocked to add some sort of replayability.

These two examples are the only two to my recollection and they add a sense of difficulty to the main game itself. However the Master Quest also mixed the puzzles up and added more difficulty to them, however is this enough?

Adding a harder mode is a good way to engage us more experienced players but there should be other elements added to make the game a more diverse experience in my opinion. I found the idea presented in the MQ quite unique, it's something that could be expanded upon. Maybe a mode that not only mixes up puzzles but adds new ones, adds harder enemies within places that usually features basic enemies. An example that I like to use is in Fallout New Vegas , this game generally does have a diverse difficulty option but it also has a hardcore mode. This isn't your average increase in difficulty it makes the experience challenging in many different ways by adding a sense of survival. This is a completely different game though however the way it gave the game a new dimension and a new experience really added to the replayability.

How do you feel about the idea of separate modes in Zelda which are available after completion? Plus do you have any possible ideas that could be added to these new modes?

i dunno, it'd be nic to have more post game congtent all around but as for what new modes there possibly could be i have no idea...

OoT3D and SS have started putting boss rushes in there... perhaps something with sidequests, like time trial sidequests.... although, that could easily be part of the main game....

I dunno... how about putting both an MQ and a Hero Mode in the after the games :P

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Post game content in a Zelda is always welcome and this idea is rather spectacular: like that of Second Quest from Legend of Zelda except the enemies get FURTHER buffs and the puzzles aren't at all the same as prior ones. This means we're playing what amounts to a new game, complete with NEW dialogue trees and NEW sidequests. :3

I'm all for it. No one would play it because "2HRD" but that's okay. I would play it and revel in it.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I say when you start a save file, you should be given three modes: easy mode, normal mode, and hero mode. In easy mode the enemies would do less damage and the solutions to puzzles would be slightly more obvious. Normal mode mode would be the normal game. And in Hero mode the enemies would do double damage and the puzzles would be shifted slightly to make them harder.

After you beat a save file on normal or hero mode, but not easy mode, a Master Quest would become available. This Master Quest would have enemies that deal double damage and completely mixed up puzzles much like the Master Quest in OoT. However,this Master Quest would have completely new side quests and multiple bonus dungeons. Maybe like one available from the get-go, one after you were 1/3 through the game, then 2/3 through the game for the third, and then one Ultimate Master Dome available only after you beat the final boss. Beating the first three would result in a bonus item or key or something that you would need to beat the Master Dome. And after you beat the Master Dome, you got a second ending and you would be blessed by the goddesses as the Hero of Heroes or something like that.

This would be the ideal setup for me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Master Quest was nice, but I was never a fan of Hero Mode or 2nd quest. It's basically the same thing as the first quest but with fake difficulty.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Master Quest was nice, but I was never a fan of Hero Mode or 2nd quest. It's basically the same thing as the first quest but with fake difficulty.

That makes no sense regarding second quest, as Master Quest is a devolved form of Second Quest.
------

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
That makes no sense regarding second quest, as Master Quest is a devolved form of Second Quest.
------

...How? Master Quest offers entirely new puzzles. Second quest offers...new clothes. Yaaaay?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It should be noted that the Second Quest in LOZ was put in there because the game designers thought they had to make the first quest with half the data they actually had, so they used the leftover room for a Second Quest when they realized their mistake.

Anyway, I think it works well. It allows one to get more out of multiple playthroughs. It added a new and excellent quest in SS. It thoroughly enjoyable and the challenge is welcome. I just hope it isn't overused. Some games have like eight playthrough possibilities that get you no particular enjoyment out of (I especially hate getting a new costume for playing the whole game through. I mean either put some legitimate effort into a new quest or just let me play the same great game over again.) As long as they put some real effort into second or third quests, they can provide mountains of fun and added depth and value to a game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I say when you start a save file, you should be given three modes: easy mode, normal mode, and hero mode. In easy mode the enemies would do less damage and the solutions to puzzles would be slightly more obvious. Normal mode mode would be the normal game. And in Hero mode the enemies would do double damage and the puzzles would be shifted slightly to make them harder.

After you beat a save file on normal or hero mode, but not easy mode, a Master Quest would become available. This Master Quest would have enemies that deal double damage and completely mixed up puzzles much like the Master Quest in OoT. However,this Master Quest would have completely new side quests and multiple bonus dungeons. Maybe like one available from the get-go, one after you were 1/3 through the game, then 2/3 through the game for the third, and then one Ultimate Master Dome available only after you beat the final boss. Beating the first three would result in a bonus item or key or something that you would need to beat the Master Dome. And after you beat the Master Dome, you got a second ending and you would be blessed by the goddesses as the Hero of Heroes or something like that.

This would be the ideal setup for me.

Im all about this, but ill add to it, we should be given more after beating the game to keep us playing, and instead of putting (like master quest) on another disc we should get it as and unlock, but better than Hero Mode. Like being able to customized the outfit Link wares like performing certain things in the game unlocks different outfits and accessories, bring back old out fits from old games like the one from the beginning of WW, or the tunics with the color scheme of old ALttP Upgrade Tunics, each giving different attributes, as well as the accessories which would limit which abilities you can use at that time, so you would have to dress to you play style. Making the game harder...... Heck this stuff sounds good for the actual game to me.. i dont know. just my thoughts on the matter!

LoZ, OoT and Skyward Sword have the only real second quests where the second quest is actually different, and coincidentally those three games are also listed in the order of which one's second quest is the most different from its first.

I am not allowed to believe in coincidences, so I'm calling a conspiracy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom