• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Master Sword location.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
ok i have been thinking a long time about this.
were does the master sword belong?

lets start with Alttp, we find the master sword in the lost woods.
then in oot it is located at the temple of time/light.

but then when TP came out. those two locations were like mixed.
we find the master sword in the sacred grove in lost woods and then enter the temple of time trough some kind of portal to the past. like the sacred meadow in oot the sacred grove resembles alot, for instance the broken stairs.

so what does that mean. that the orignal resting place was in the forest temple in OOT?
but if so i still doesn 't make sense because we know that TP occurs after OOT. or maybe the original location is the temple of time and later build a new one in lost woods.
because i assume that Alttp plays way later after oot and tp. so that would make a little sense.

so what do you guys think about this?

Its the same Temple of Time and the same Lost Woods. The Sacred Grove is the secret path behind the Temple of Time which was never shown or available in OoT except for the one beta screenshot. Beta OoT explains more than final did. The beta storyline talks about the Triforce being in the Forest and the data explains that the Forest temple could have been the Temple of Light originally.

All the Temple of Time is, is a doorway to the Temple of Light. Once Ganondorf first entered it and the Triforce split, the Sacred Realm was no longer the Triforce's resting place.

Finally, The Hyrule that was shown in OoT, TP, and ALttP is in fact the same.

I think like, the Temple of Time was where it has always been. Then a while into the future the temple fell apart and became that area became the Sacred Grove, which can be accessed through the Lost Woods. But in OOT, pretty much anywhere in the game can be accessed through the Lost Woods.

This would place OoT first, TP second, and ALttP third in line.

Any by the way, Avenged, could you explain a bit more about the Lost Woods going around to behind the Temple of Time? Where was this explained in the beta? I figure, geographically, that the Lost Woods would either run into Zora's Domain or Death Mountain before it would come close to the Temple of Time.

Not saying your wrong or anything man, just wanting to know, cause I haven't heard anything about this before.

Oh yeah, and wasn't the Lost Woods in ALttP way Westward from Hyrule Castle? Which would be right next to the Temple of Time in Oot.

linkman8

True and Noble
I think like, the Temple of Time was where it has always been. Then a while into the future the temple fell apart and became that area became the Sacred Grove, which can be accessed through the Lost Woods. But in OOT, pretty much anywhere in the game can be accessed through the Lost Woods.

This would place OoT first, TP second, and ALttP third in line.
This pretty much sums up my summary. I'm also fairly sure that due to the message "The Master Sword rested forever" or something like that, we can all agree that ALTTP follows any game with the Master Sword involved.

ALttP map was merely drawn in a different direction by the artist, its still the same as OoT Hyrule.

@linkman, ALttP follows Twilight Princess. TP was the creators way of saying, yeah we goofed in OoT by putting the master Sword in the Temple of Time. In TP, you go through the lost woods to reach the Sacred Grove (same area as Sacred Forest Meadow pretty much), in ALttP you also go through the lost woods to reach it.

darklink, dont you recall that certain pathway that lead behind the ToT in OoT being closed and blocked by useless gossip stones and the fence? But for a screenhot...here...

Beta11.jpeg

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I agree with what everyone says abotu them being the same spot.
It just always confused me how these locations kept changing locations within Hyrule. I mean from ALttP to OoT to TP, it went from Northwest, to Central north to Southeast/west.

Even so, it truley gets me into how much has changed between the games (geographically-wise that is).

linkman8

True and Noble
@linkman, ALttP follows Twilight Princess. TP was the creators way of saying, yeah we goofed in OoT by putting the master Sword in the Temple of Time. In TP, you go through the lost woods to reach the Sacred Grove (same area as Sacred Forest Meadow pretty much), in ALttP you also go through the lost woods to reach it.
It all fits together. :)
What you said was pretty much what I meant, sorry, I'm not very clear with timeline stuff.

The whole Master Sword Locastion mess deals with the fact that Nintendo tends to randomize Hyrule with eahc new game, claiming this one sheds more light on it. Sure, you can try and make all the Hyrule feilds look good and dandy with one another, try to line them up, etc, but, really, they just make it different each game. they gave homage to the lost woods sacred meadow thing in ALTTP with TP, but thats it

Z

ZeroLink

It could be that the Temple of Time was destroyed, and the Master Sword stayed in the pedestal of Time, while the Temple crumbled around it, or that the Sword was moved for unknown purposes.

I think Nintendo made a genius move, with this series, and that is leaving out details in between games so that each person makes up their OWN story about how things work.

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
You should read my Inflexus Compartamentalized Timeline Theory. It makes sense of this question.

I don't believe there is any connection to where the sword is other than it is consistantly in a forest. That being said, I think it's just a general theme of assorted Zelda stories.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
The whole Master Sword Locastion mess deals with the fact that Nintendo tends to randomize Hyrule with eahc new game, claiming this one sheds more light on it. Sure, you can try and make all the Hyrule feilds look good and dandy with one another, try to line them up, etc, but, really, they just make it different each game. they gave homage to the lost woods sacred meadow thing in ALTTP with TP, but thats it

Bingo.

Logically, the only thing I can think of to explain why the Master Sword and Temple of Time suddenly moved from Castle Town to the Lost Woods is that at one point between OoT and TP, the Hylians up and moved camp further north and the Lost Woods grew larger, eventually covering the crumbling Temple of Time.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
It could be that the Temple of Time was destroyed, and the Master Sword stayed in the pedestal of Time, while the Temple crumbled around it, or that the Sword was moved for unknown purposes.

I think Nintendo made a genius move, with this series, and that is leaving out details in between games so that each person makes up their OWN story about how things work.

I kind of like this explanation. Interesting :) Things change with time. Temples become ruins, things move (or get moved). Succession and human (or other creatures) shaping of the landscape also tend to occur!

Last edited:
H

Hizashi

Who says thats even the Temple of Time? Ok, granted it is the Temple of Time, but the doorway could just be a completely unrelated thing, put there to send Link back into the past to a point where the temple still existed. The same sort of idea existed in a number of different games:
- Wind Waker, when Link goes to the Hyrule Castle for the first time.
- In a much more extreme case, the doorway that leads to Termina in Majora's Mask.
The sword has already appeared in the Lost Woods before, so it being there isn't really a new thing.

Who says thats even the Temple of Time? Ok, granted it is the Temple of Time, but the doorway could just be a completely unrelated thing, put there to send Link back into the past to a point where the temple still existed. The same sort of idea existed in a number of different games:
- Wind Waker, when Link goes to the Hyrule Castle for the first time.
- In a much more extreme case, the doorway that leads to Termina in Majora's Mask.
The sword has already appeared in the Lost Woods before, so it being there isn't really a new thing.
That may be true but it the ruins were the mastersword is looks like a ruined temple of time.

Now, granted I'm not quite sure of the point of this thread right now, seeing as I don't have the time to read through it, but I've just always assumed that it's in the Lost Woods or Temple of Time. When there is a Temple of Time to put it in there: OoT. When there isn't, they just put it in the Lost Woods: ALTTP. And when they have both, they put it in the The Temple of Time which is in the Lost Woods, because technically that's the ruins of the Temple of Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom