• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Do You Think of ZREO Shutting Down?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Closing Words | Zelda Reorchestrated

As has been made clear by the link above, Zelda Reorchestrated is officially closing its doors on June 12, 2013 due to their latest work, Twilight Symphony, being placed on several torrents. This effectively means they won't make any money, and their efforts have been all for naught.

I personally am deeply saddened by this - I loved pretty much everything ZREO worked on :(

Dan

Personally I thought they were okay but music just isn't my thing so I can't really feel much, but it's sad when things comes to an end, but hey everything comes to an end at some point.

octorok74

TETTAC
NO! I got all my Zelda music from there. This actually hurts me a bit. Where else will I be able to get it at the quality they provided?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I honestly don't see what's so shocking. The current reason is certainly saddening, but did they really have any purpose anymore? Zelda has moved to orchestrated music, which negates their entire goal: to orchestrate Zelda's soundtracks.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I honestly don't see what's so shocking. The current reason is certainly saddening, but did they really have any purpose anymore? Zelda has moved to orchestrated music, which negates their entire goal: to orchestrate Zelda's soundtracks.

They gave one game orchestra music...and I could be wrong, but wasn't the majority of it MIDI anyway?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Wait a second, WHAT!?!

No! I didn't really use their site, but I certainly appreciated what they were doing! Ah, it's just like OneManga and NormalBoots all over again!

R

randomuser

I can't believe it myself. They were so close with thier cd. Anyone know why? As far as I can see it was Nintendo stepping in. Maybe they didn't want it infringing on their copyright.

I appreciated what they did, they just seemed like the epitome of "dedicated Zelda fan", and the reason for their departure is pretty sad (I mean, it must be so frustrating to work in music/film production and see everyone steal your work online for free, when they should be buying it. I can't say much because I steal stuff online all the time, and as convenient as it is I sometimes wonder why they don't do anything to enforce the non-pirating rules).

But as JuiceJ said, I couldn't help but think their purpose was a bit moot by now because of orchestration and very hi-q in-game MIDI tracks... also I honestly preferred the original tracks over their renditions for a lot of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom