• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Earrings

Should Link's earrings return?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I don't care.

• Total voters
I don't mind either way, as long as it is for the 'adult' versions, and if it goes all right with it's style.

I'd like to see Link with just one earring, but that is just based on my personal preference on guys with earrings.

Link's earrings don't make him look any better or worse in my opinion. Honestly I don't see how he even got them to begin with. He's a kid, pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal, then all of a sudden seven years later, it appears as though someone has pierced his ears, gave him better fitting clothes, and slapped a pair of white chaps on him.

If he drops the whole earring look in the next game, or the next few games, I won't care really. Its not something I notice too much, at least not enough to distract me from my playing.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Link's earrings don't make him look any better or worse in my opinion. Honestly I don't see how he even got them to begin with. He's a kid, pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal, then all of a sudden seven years later, it appears as though someone has pierced his ears, gave him better fitting clothes, and slapped a pair of white chaps on him.

If he drops the whole earring look in the next game, or the next few games, I won't care really. Its not something I notice too much, at least not enough to distract me from my playing.

Yes, the whoe, earring thing in OoT is weird, but, I have to admit that it looks darn well in the cover of Twilight Princess.
I don't care if he has earrings or no, as long as Link is still Link, and wears the tunic(or the cutie machinist's suit<3).
It is one thing that I think that it is so insignificant that wouldn't change my opinion at all

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I don't really mind if it's there or not, but I think it best suits the older versions of Link. I really don't see giving an earing to the WW Link, or a kind Link. I think the game designers have the same kind of idea to this since we've only seen "adult" Link wearing an earing.

I don't want to see multiple earings, like if he had 5 rings all the way up the side of one ear. I'm personally not a fan of that kind of look. One simple loop is sufficient. It kind of gives him a bit of a swashbuckling look and adds some personality.

It's odd, as mentioned, that the OoT Link woke up with one. I personally would have been removing it and disinfecting my ear for a week if I woke up and found someone had pierced my ear without me knowing...

B

blhand26

Honestly I don't see how he even got them to begin with. He's a kid, pulling the Master Sword out of the pedestal, then all of a sudden seven years later, it appears as though someone has pierced his ears, gave him better fitting clothes, and slapped a pair of white chaps on him.

basement24 said:
I don't want to see multiple earings, like if he had 5 rings all the way up the side of one ear. I'm personally not a fan of that kind of look. One simple loop is sufficient. It kind of gives him a bit of a swashbuckling look and adds some personality.

That is wierd! :blank: Never really thought about much. A kid pulls the master sword and 7 years later BAM!! some earrings, clothes and shoes that fit. Weird right if it were me I'd be soooo creeped out. Oh and I have to agree with basement24 I am not a big fan of that earring look and if they dared to do that with Link I would be so annoyed.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ear-rings makes Link look more grown up, in contrast to him in kiddy form. I think that may be what Nintendo where going for since he wears the same tunic as he did as a child.

Also..... he does look cool with 'em. ;)

DCMN

Hero of Internet
It looks good on the adult versions, I suppose. I would be wierd on the kids though.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I think that the earrings were a good touch. For adult link, it gave him character and style. For WW/PH link, it would be good to give him more of an adventurous, seafaring look. Thats what I think.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I always found the whole situation curious.

Who groomed Link after all that time? He was given ear piercings, haircuts and shaves, an undershirt and pantyhose. Who took care of all that?

Isn't it obvious, it was the ironic power of the Kokiri tunic. Screw being able to breath under water or tolerate extreme heat, the Kokiri tunic grows with you and keeps you tidy and with the fashion! (But is worn by the race of Hyrule that doesn't grow).

I kind of like the idea of breakdancing...

I do think that rings should make a glorious return. I really see no reason as to why not.

Dance like the mask dance from MM!

I like the earings on adult Link, but think that Toon Links should keep their look.

KrazyKyuubi

OH SNAPPLE
Narnia...And sometimes Pocket Asian's box
I don't really mind if his earrings return or not. Now, what I think would be cool was if they used them as an item, like rings, and give you special powers. Like, giant laser beams shooting out of your eyes or something cool like that. Or maybe the ability to fly around for a limited amount of time. If i ever made a video game i'd put something like that in cause i'm insane!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I don't think so because those earrings are a rite of passage for the shiekah showing that link is close to the dying race and at the point of the timeline nintendo seems to be focusing on the shiekah are extinct.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( So that wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:

Steve

5/19/13
It's always been a trademark for Adult Link, so I don't see why they wouldn't. It contributes to his feminine style, anyway.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
I guess Rauru got bored over the course of 7 years and decided to hook up Link with some stuff.
I honestly didn't notice he had earrings until Twilight Princess, so I don't think I'd mind if he had them in later games, but it would be cool to see him have them in. They made him look a bit more distingushed, I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom