• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Ok, I will. My primary reason to believe that WW Link would win is his attack style. He's never been shown to be particularly weak (picks up pigs easily when OoT Young needs bracelets for bombs), and unlike some of the earlier Links he can get a larger maximum health bar, and survives some rather exaggerated falls- he's got good endurance.

Think back to Wind Waker, in places with holes that drop you into rooms full of enemies. You know those rooms with the giant Dodongo skulls, with enemies pouring out of them? How many people actually found those difficult, as opposed to fun? Massive numbers of enemies are pouring out while Wizzrobes launch reinforcements and fire spells like crazy, and in the end you maybe lose five or six hearts if you're not careful.
Wind Waker Link has a unique style of swordsmanship that aggressively pursues opponents while flinging himself into battle- he's never standing still, like all of the other Links. Even when totally surrounded (as in this melee), WW Link is almost never in danger since he's not sitting there trying to defend. He's in the air, flying around the battlefield dishing out crazy powerful attacks like the Hero of Wind he is.

Now, I respect LoZ/AoL Link's trials, but in reality he wasn't a very good swordsman. In LoZ he couldn't do anything but a simple thrust attack, and all of his projectiles save the boomerang had a totally straight attack path. In AoL, he expanded to a crouch strike and a downward and upward thrust, but all in all his swordsmanship remained extremely bare-bones. Even TP Link would have little trouble getting past his weak stuff.
The main reason LoZ/AoL Link has a case is because of his spells- thunder in particular ix extremely powerful, but since as far as I know it isn't an OHKO on Gleeok, and Link has usually been able to take massive amounts of damage compared to even bosses, many of his tools seem like mere gimmicks. His other main asset is his Life spell, and that's like three hearts and you can use it, like, three times. All in all, even with his arsenal of spells, the other Links can pretty much take what he can dish out and then go to town on his pitiful sword.

The other main contender here is TP Link. He's definitely got the strength and the sword arsenal, but he's mainly geared toward one-on-one combat. Depending on how the fight goes, he might end up winning a war of attrition, but it seems to me that his fighting style is too likely to leave him vulnerable at key moments. His jump attack lags, his Spin attack leaves him open, his back slice is somewhat slower than WW Link's, and his shield bash doesn't help in melees.
TP Link's chance of victory primarily depends on how the fight unfolds- if he can do well enough to survive until only one or two foes remain, he stands the best chance of victory, but unfortunately I think he's one of the most vulnerable Links in huge brawls.

So, in conclusion, Wind Waker Link has a fluid, aggressive fighting style that is designed to carry him unscathed through vicious melees. He's got a number of TP Link's skills innately and suffers from much less lag- he can always get out of the way of trouble. His hurricane spin might also turn the tide, but the lag seems undesirable and it's really more of a gimmick move easy enough to dodge. He's got pretty much the standard Link arsenal, with fire arrows and bombs (with greater range) and a hookshot and a boomerang- but his fighting style, all other things being equal, greatly surpasses the abilities of other Links in this situation.
Oh, and he's got magic armor that actually runs on magic, which is always a plus. It's kind of overkill on a Link focused on avoiding damage while attacking, but hey...

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Ok, I will. My primary reason to believe that WW Link would win is his attack style. He's never been shown to be particularly weak (picks up pigs easily when OoT Young needs bracelets for bombs), and unlike some of the earlier Links he can get a larger maximum health bar, and survives some rather exaggerated falls- he's got good endurance.

Actually, he does need bracelets to lift up some large rocks, and the largest of the pigs too if I remember correctly.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Actually, he does need bracelets to lift up some large rocks, and the largest of the pigs too if I remember correctly.

Yeah, but keep in mind that these are some of the most exaggeratedly huge items in the Zelda series, second only to the Golden Gauntlet pillars if I remember correctly. His actual normal strength is just as good as any of the other Links, and he does have the bracelets to toss stuff.

The alttp link for a few reasons:
1. he has the lamp and would so destroy the others with it!
2. the golden sword is preety self explanitory.
3. the cane of bryna would destroy all but Oot's link.

1. Really? The lamp? The other Links have FIRE ARROWS. I mean, the lamp? How... why would that even be... bwuh?
2. Whoop-dee freaking doo. MM Link can also get a gold sword, OoT Adult gets Biggoron's Sword, most handheld Links get uber sword upgrades, and reall the Golden Sword doesn't present anything special, especially when his arsenal is equal to "slash and spin", plus items.
3. The Cane of Byrna? Oh, yeah, a magic damaging barrier. Nothing at all like Nayru's Love or Din's Fire, and it certainly doesn't drain magic like a sponge and be nigh-useless against projectiles.

LttP Link's main claims to fame are Ether, Quake, and Bombos, but Link can take quite a beating and none of said spells can do much more than LoZ/AoL's Thunder.

Yeah, but keep in mind that these are some of the most exaggeratedly huge items in the Zelda series, second only to the Golden Gauntlet pillars if I remember correctly. His actual normal strength is just as good as any of the other Links, and he does have the bracelets to toss stuff.

Wait, do you seriously believe that WW/PH Link could win? I mean, it could be close, but WW Link would never have a chance against other Links. If anything, TP Link would kill them all with the un-blockable Mortal Draw. WW Link has hardly anything going for him that the other Link's don't already have other than the Hurricane Spin, which is easy to block with a shield, and then he's crippled for a critical moment. I forget, which lasts longer? WWs magic armor with full magic power, or TPs magic armor with 1000 rupees? Bomb arrows would be a huge advantage, and don't forget FS Link with the Four Sword. Like I said, could be close, but other Links have much more going for them.

Halo siera 117

Eh.... senior member?
1. Really? The lamp? The other Links have FIRE ARROWS. I mean, the lamp? How... why would that even be... bwuh?
2. Whoop-dee freaking doo. MM Link can also get a gold sword, OoT Adult gets Biggoron's Sword, most handheld Links get uber sword upgrades, and reall the Golden Sword doesn't present anything special, especially when his arsenal is equal to "slash and spin", plus items.
3. The Cane of Byrna? Oh, yeah, a magic damaging barrier. Nothing at all like Nayru's Love or Din's Fire, and it certainly doesn't drain magic like a sponge and be nigh-useless against projectiles.

LttP Link's main claims to fame are Ether, Quake, and Bombos, but Link can take quite a beating and none of said spells can do much more than LoZ/AoL's Thunder.
1. The lamp destroys almost anything just to let you know!
2. The golden sword is the most powerful upgrade to the master sword and would destroy the biggrons sword, plus the beam blade is SUPER powerful with the golden sword!
3. The cane of Bryna drains very slowly like Nayru's Love and Din's Fire would do nothing to it!

As for WW link winning not a chance compared to the others, Vergo explaned it best.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Wait, do you seriously believe that WW/PH Link could win? I mean, it could be close, but WW Link would never have a chance against other Links. If anything, TP Link would kill them all with the un-blockable Mortal Draw. WW Link has hardly anything going for him that the other Link's don't already have other than the Hurricane Spin, which is easy to block with a shield, and then he's crippled for a critical moment. I forget, which lasts longer? WWs magic armor with full magic power, or TPs magic armor with 1000 rupees? Bomb arrows would be a huge advantage, and don't forget FS Link with the Four Sword. Like I said, could be close, but other Links have much more going for them.

Okay, I see where you're coming from, and I'm kind of rethinking it now. Almost every Link has some sort of armor or magic or whatnot that makes them invincible, so all things being equal I think WW Link would definitely have the upper hand in the melee combat that such a fight would likely start with.
On the other hand, once most of the weaker Links (LttP/LA, OoX, MC, maybe adult OoT, etc.) have been knocked out, WW Link loses a lot of his advantage since the fighting becomes more one-on-one. TP Link is easily the best equipped for duels, and his arsenal is geared toward that.

When it comes right down to it, I'd say the main contenders would be WW Link (as he'd likely survive the initial bouts), TP Link (due to overall more flexible swordsmanship than most other Links), FS Links (four people, might not stand a chance if the others get killed individually), and maybe LoZ/AoL due to crazy spells and high power. At that point, the fight all depends on what condition TP Link is in- he's got more stuff than WW Link, but if he's beat up from the initial fighting, WW stands the best chance against the other two/five (LoZ/FSA).

1. The lamp destroys almost anything just to let you know!
2. The golden sword is the most powerful upgrade to the master sword and would destroy the biggrons sword, plus the beam blade is SUPER powerful with the golden sword!
3. The cane of Bryna drains very slowly like Nayru's Love and Din's Fire would do nothing to it!

As for WW link winning not a chance compared to the others, Vergo explaned it best.

1. Correction: the lamp destroys almost anything that takes next to no effort to kill otherwise, except it costs magic.
2. Okay, it's a strong sword. But really? Not that strong. It still takes a bunch of hits to kill those bomb-throwing guys, and to be honest it's not much of a help when he has like two attack he can use with it.
3. Problem is, it's really not all that useful in the first place. It, um, protects you from damage. And kills enemies that, again, can be killed without magic with minimal effort.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I´ve changed my mind since the last poll. I actually believe Wind Waker Link is the superior Link. At least he´s the one who feels almost unbeatable when you play the particular game. Maybe not the best of reasoning on my behalf but it´s how I look at things, at this day, this hour & this minute :)

Halo siera 117

Eh.... senior member?
1. Correction: the lamp destroys almost anything that takes next to no effort to kill otherwise, except it costs magic.
2. Okay, it's a strong sword. But really? Not that strong. It still takes a bunch of hits to kill those bomb-throwing guys, and to be honest it's not much of a help when he has like two attack he can use with it.
3. Problem is, it's really not all that useful in the first place. It, um, protects you from damage. And kills enemies that, again, can be killed without magic with minimal effort.

1. The Lamp can destroy Hinoxes the second strongest enemie in the game FYI.
2. The Golden sword can destroy the second strongest and the strongest enemies in the game, The Lynels and "Those Bomb-Throwing Guys".
3. Do you really think he could loss while using that? C'mon That thing makes Ganon super easy!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Alright, I have a preview of artwork here... I'm sorry that it's so hard to show up, even with adjusting the levels in Photoshop, it still didn't quite brinng out everything to be very viewable on a computer screen. Trust me, it should look a lot nicer when I actually buckle down and paint it.

http://shadsie.deviantart.com/art/Battle-for-the-Donut-Sketch-134365237 The ultimate sketch of ultimate destiny, on my DA scrapbook.

Nobody's winning, just duking it out.

This is just a very basic sketch here. They're always pretty nasty, yet things turn out right when they're clothed in paint.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
1. The Lamp can destroy Hinoxes the second strongest enemie in the game FYI.
2. The Golden sword can destroy the second strongest and the strongest enemies in the game, The Lynels and "Those Bomb-Throwing Guys".
3. Do you really think he could loss while using that? C'mon That thing makes Ganon super easy!

1. Yeah, and so can almost everything else in his arsenal save the basic swords. LttP Link has a lot of junk that works well on the game's enemies, but none of the game's enemies are really particularly hard, since they tend to die to almost everything Link has regardless of strength. The Lantern's also totally useless for attack in the original SNES version, so it's a moot point.

2. Again, it kills enemies that put up almost no actual defense and die to almost all the other stuff in his inventory anyway. Due to LttP Link's crushing lack of any significant swordsmanship, it's unlikely his powerful blade will even land a hit on another Link. Links are known for surviving ridiculously powerful and painful attacks with only a few hearts lost anyway, so I doubt any sword is really going to tip the balance in this fight.

3. Yes, I do think Link could lose while using the Cane of Byrna. For one thing, it drains magic faster than the Magic Cape, and that thing barely gets you past the spike maze you need to get it in the first place. Half of LttP's weapons run on magic anyway, so using the cane is kind of a bad idea. WW and TP Link are much better swordsmen and have comparable magic armor that simply doesn't do Byrna's insignificant damage. TP Link's armor even runs on rupees, bypassing the need for magic. Ganon was kind of a moron in LttP anyway, seeing as he kind of forgot he could be invincible in the final fight.

Lantern: superfluous and ineffective in the original version.
Golden Sword: useless without actual swordsmanship, and not powerful enough to take down Links.
Cane of Byrna: drains valuable magic like crazy and can be waited out with other magic armors anyway.

Oh, and Shadsie, nice pic. You should probably ink it or paint it soon or something, since it's hard to tell what's going on without the comments, but otherwise great.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Yeah, I just decided to show the base-sketch while I had it, give people a little insight into my artistic process. The plan is to paint it. May take a while, may take little time, depending upon how fired up I am. I decided not to give it a background, which should help.

P

PimPSlaP

Link, the Hero of Time. Probably because he as in my two favorites out of three (ALttP). Besides him, probably Link from ALttP, not for the awesome game, for the pink hair. :P

Zarom

The King
It would surely be young Link in OOT & MM. He has lots of masks & bottles!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom