• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games You Hate but Everyone else Love

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
To name a few off the top of my head:

Super Mario Galaxy (both 1 and 2)
Call of Duty
Halo
Kingdom Hearts
The DS Zelda games
League of Legends

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I don't get why the Zelda DS games are on here when they're pretty hated as it is...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Kingdom Hearts

KH1? Yeah, I can understand that. Worst camera ever!!one1111 lol Just wait til KH1.5 HD ReMIX, though. I am almost sure you'll change your mind since it's completely remade. :)

I am also with Shadow on League. Almost everyone I know is nto League of Legends, I just can't get into it. The learning curve is ridiculous imo lol

Both GoW franchises-God of War and Gears of War-never clicked with me.

The two series have tried to implement a more personal narrative in recent installment but the core gameplay remains the same-shoot and slice your way to victory without giving much thought to why you're doing it. The titles respective physics aren't something I'm accustomed to either especially in the case of Gears which varies so drastically from my regular go-to shooter, Halo.

I hate a lot of games that other people love. -.- Some of the main ones:

Call of Duty/Battlefield/other shooting based games: I just never really got the hang of these games, or ever grew fond of them in any way, shape or form.

Grand Theft Auto series: It's fun at first. But then it gets boring. Really fast. Others don't think so, but I do. :|

Tales of the Abyss: Tales fans seem to hail this game, but I hated it. As a game, it was plagued with horrible graphics and the cast had boring movesets. And it had glitches. On top of that, the story was terrible, and most of the characters made me grind my teeth in anger. In a 50 hour game, that's a lot of teeth grinding. If you're wondering why I stuck with it so long, it was because I kept thinking that it was going to get better. It never did. :mellow:

LoZ: TP: I will never comprehend how people could prefer this game over other 3D Zeldas. But to each his own.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: I... didn't like this game in the least. And I wanted to. So badly. :kawaii:

MW7

I don't hate these games, but I've felt lukewarm about every Mario title since Super Mario Galaxy. NSMB Wii was like a lesser Super Mario World to me, Super Mario Galaxy 2 seemed to amplify the few things I didn't like about Super Mario Galaxy 1, and Super Mario 3d Land I ruined for myself by arming myself with Tanooki suits. My preference for 3d Marios is pretty much chronological.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
KH1? Yeah, I can understand that. Worst camera ever!!one1111 lol Just wait til KH1.5 HD ReMIX, though. I am almost sure you'll change your mind since it's completely remade. :)

Well to be honest I don't really hate Kingdom Hearts, but I also just never really got into it as much as others do. To be fair the only one I fully played through was KH1, since it was the only one I've had a chance to. But I've been considering trying to get back into the series, as its been a while and usually if I play through a game a second time after a while my opinion changes.

Last edited:

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Hmm ... I don't think there really is any popular critically acclaimed game I hate, but rather ones that simply don't appeal to me. There are plenty of video games people rave about that I just don't seem to get. I don't dislike them, but their appeal is lost on me. I just don't think they're as golden as people make them out to be ... and that's just me. Obviously these people really really like them. That's not to say anything is wrong with them worth hating. (the games not the players :bleh:)

Elder Scrolls is one. Deus Ex: HR is another. If I absolutely can't stand to play a game because I believe there are inherent flaws that make the game unenjoyable then I'm just not going to play it. Call of Duty is one, I can be critical of it but it is not worth my time to hate on it. I'm not one to drag down things others enjoy... unless there's something really really wrong about it. :bleh:

Video games are just for fun anyway. Usually I'm on board with the majority of people who criticize certain video games. In such cases we tend to have pretty solid reasons.

Come to think of it, there is one I can think of. And that's Grand Theft Auto. I think Rockstar is a smear on the video game industry and a bad example I don't think needs to be around making a bad name for everyone else. I've tried playing numerous GTA titles and they've done nothing but @#$% me off. The controls are a complete mess in every respect. On foot, behind the wheel, shooting and idk how they can manage to get away with having such poor lock-on targeting these days. The characters are offensive. The dialog is littered with adolescent potty mouth and bathroom humor with no tact whatsoever. I find them all to be unplayable and, needless to say, faaaar from enjoyable.

Last edited:
Skyward Sword, though I wouldn't really call it a game that everybody else loved. People seem to be divided on it.

Final Fantasy X - Not sure why it got so much praise. It was the first FF game I disliked, and I enjoyed XII more.

Metroid - both the NES/SNES games and the Prime series - I've tried many times to get into the series but it just doesn't do it for me for some reason. Still plan on getting through them some day though.

One I forgot to mention are the Pokemon games. Hate would be a strong word for it. I don't hate but I don't see the appeal in it either. It's basically the same thing over and over again. You catch Pokemon. Train them. Battle gym leaders so you can tackle the Elite Four later on. I haven't played Black or White so I don't know how much the series has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom