• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Navi Annoying?

Is Navi Annoying?

• Uhm, OMG YEAH!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

lmmc1992

In my opinion, hearing Navi say "HEY" or "LISTEN", is probably the most annoying thing i've ever heard.
Plus, she says it like every ten seconds if you dont do what she wants you to do.

I vote that there should be a mute option for Navi. Don't you?

M

Mr. Guffey

Navi is not annoying. With out her she could not help zelda find his way to the princess and save earth. She is a serious part of the game. I get annoyed when i hear people talking bad about navi.. Tingle too.

L

lmmc1992

Yes, but if you beat the game already multiple times, you would automatically know what to do.

With out her she could not help zelda find his way to the princess and save earth.

Not sure if you have done that on purpose but it's Link....not Zelda. :lol: I probably sound annoying right thar.

To be honest playing through OoT again recently, I don't think she s that annoying if you block out the "Hey....listen". I don't find her annoying then, It is just towards the start where she has to tell you how to do everything, Like open doors and when she is pointing out the obvious :dry:.

L

lmmc1992

Not sure if you have done that on purpose but it's Link....not Zelda. :lol: I probably sound annoying right thar...

... she is pointing out the obvious :dry:.

I dont think you sound annoying. Lots of people get mixed up with Link and Zelda....even though its pretty pathetic, no offense.

See, that the thing. Pointing out the obvious and frequent reminders of what to do, even though you know exactly what's going on, always gets on my nerves. I usually shut the sound off because I hate hearing Navi's voice....

R

rohr2

Oh god she is annoying. HEY LISTEN! HEY LISTEN! EVERY FIVE MINUTES

Its not so much the constant "Hey's" and "Listen's" that gets on my nerves, because you can basically avoid pressing Up C and just not listen to what she has to say at all. The part that gets me, and I hadn't remembered how aggrevating it was until playing Master Quest a little bit ago, was how when she automatically tells you something, it takes forever. The game explains how to open a door, or a box, or use a weapon, through Navi, and the text goes by so slow that it really just makes me not want to even play.

L

lmmc1992

I totally agree with you darklink. I just have the master quest. I think it would be better if Navi was only there when you wanted it...

Its not so much the constant "Hey's" and "Listen's" that gets on my nerves, because you can basically avoid pressing Up C and just not listen to what she has to say at all. The part that gets me, and I hadn't remembered how aggrevating it was until playing Master Quest a little bit ago, was how when she automatically tells you something, it takes forever. The game explains how to open a door, or a box, or use a weapon, through Navi, and the text goes by so slow that it really just makes me not want to even play.

Thank You, I said this above, I find it more annoying at the start when you pick up A Deku stick and she explains it to you, You pick up a deku nut she tells you how to use it, You find an item and she tells you how to use it and also at one point I believe she tells you how to open a door o_O.....I found that so annoying, You couldn't even avoid her saying it.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
After playing Majora's Mask, as it turns out, Navi isn't really all that annoying. The only annoying thing is that she tells you the obvious (Except for bosses/enemies)....but she repeats it over and over again! Her "Hey," "Listen," "Watch out!" and such weren't that annoying.

I'm not trying to go off topic, but Tatl was more annoying with her bells and such. Navi isn't really that annoying when you think about it, but she makes a darn good parody character. ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't think Navi is annoying? I know it's used in a lot of fan-humor, but it's not really that annoying...

I found Midna more annoying in TP than I did Navi in OoT

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I really didn't find her annoying. Her "Hey!"s and "Listen!"s I found amusing, and she's probably my favourite of the fairy sidekicks. I especially like how she follows you around, and how you can store and call her. I really thought she was a great addition to the series.

I suppose a lot of people's beefs with her are escalated based on the amount of times they have played through OoT. It seems the more they play it, the more annoying she becomes since she retreads information that's mainly essential to first-time players.

I have only played OoT once the entire way through. I have begun another file awhile back, and I've played through later parts of the game on friends' games, but otherwise, I've only done it the once. And even with starting a new file, it was many years after I completed the first file. Because of this, she never seemed to be repeating herself, or became annoying in stopping me when she wanted me to pay attention to something or where I should be going.

I know a lot of the game, but I don't know it like the back of my hand. So, I still need her to an extent as a "first time player". Therefore, I suppose she really hasn't had the time to get on my nerves.

I suppose my only annoyance with her is how she began the tradition of fairy sidekicks. I found every time there was a fairy sidekick I felt a bit gypped. I know other fairies had better character-based stories behind them, but I always found to an extent that it seemed the developers couldn't come up with a new design. Finally, someone came along and said "Let's just make them another fairy." So, my annoyance is that Navi started a trend of lazy sidekick visual designs, but even then, it's a small annoyance.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Navi is annoying? I know it's used in a lot of fan-humor, but it's not really that annoying...

I found Midna more annoying in TP than I did Navi in OoT

I don't find Navi annoying from about after you first meet Zelda as a child, After that she doesn't point of the clearly obvious, I mean.....come on.....How to open a door? o_O.....

Straying off of topic, I thought that Midna was by far the best sidekick, She was actually useful and you learnt about her history. She is a tad annoying at first but after you leave Ordon Village as a wolf and head to Faron I liked her, Now I like her from the start.

Navi was never useful except really for a few boss fights, Even then it isn't that hard to work out to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom