• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Wii U Rumors

-The graphics will be that of Skyward Sword
In HD, that would be ok by me. :)

-Nintendo of Japan was surprised at the well-received romance between Link and Zelda and plans to make it a larger part of the story.
Erm... I hope not.

-Developers are weighing the pros and cons for Link speaking
YES PLEASE!! :D Plus we could set his voice at the beginning with the mic. to keep the "he is a 'link' to the game" feel. :)

-A well-known character from a past game will be returning, but not in the same role or form as the past
Ohh... Dark Link maybe? :)

Not that I believe these rumors, but it never hurts to theorise. :)

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm sorry, but this statement is what's stupid. There's nothing wrong with wanting them to use the GamePad, but calling them stupid for preferring a completely functional and insanely entertaining control scheme (if they actually do) is just wrong.

I loved SS's combat, but why should Nintendo, as a business, use a control scheme that upset so many people rather than appeal to a broader audience?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I loved SS's combat, but why should Nintendo, as a business, use a control scheme that upset so many people rather than appeal to a broader audience?

The motion controls were actually pretty well-received among fans. Appealing to broader audience is also one of the many reasons Nintendo should use all three controllers as options for Zelda Wii U, as I've said many times before.

ooh, HUGE DUNGEONS!!!! YAY!!!!!!!! thats one thing i really missed in SS. kind a funny though, SS with tiny dungeons and the next zelda game with the giantest dungeons in the series

SS's dungeons generally weren't as large as in the past, although it did have the Lanayru Mining Facility and Fire Sanctuary, but the trade-off was that individual rooms were huge and packed to the brim with clever puzzles and lethal threats. So, really, SS had a balance between large and small.

I like large dungeons, too, don't get me wrong. I just care more about the content within the dungeons, as core design is what matters the most.

Last edited:
Gah, I don't really want them to use SS's art style, I wanted Realistic...although SS art style in HD could turn out looking quite beautiful, and I may have to swallow my words. Then again, it's just a rumor.
I hope the part about "biggest Zelda game ever" is true, though. I realize they say this every time a console Zelda is in development/going to be released, but at least I know they're being ambitious and always striving to beat OoT. I really hope this is the one to beat OoT (rating-wise).

The motion controls were actually pretty well-received among fans. Appealing to broader audience is also one of the many reasons Nintendo should use all three controllers as options for Zelda Wii U, as I've said many times before.

Basically agreed. I would venture that the motion controls stirred up a bit more controversy than they should have, but considering how well-received they were by those of us who took to them, I think it would be a bad move and a bit of a disappointment to me if they threw away motion controls for good after spending so much time on them. Using multiple control schemes is something Zelda could really use in this day and age as well: we have standard buttons, motion controls, and GamePad controls, all of which are going to be vastly different from one another. It's going to be hard to use each to supplement the game without draining another control scheme of its enjoyability and originality, but I'd like to see Nintendo put a lot of effort into streamlining each interface so everyone is happy with each setup.

The answer to that may lie in constant but effective simplicity. Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition are probably good examples of this. The motion controls weren't superfluous and overbearing (except in the latter's quick-time event cutscenes, but those are flawed with standard buttons anyway), but they were in constant use and were both effective and easy. We may not need a zillion different advanced motions in Zelda U to make it "unique"; perhaps we just need a few ingenious setups with those control schemes that permeate the game and make it fun and easy to get into for everyone. Theoretically, that would save time and make it more available for all audiences.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I hope they don't go on with Zelda and Link. Midna is soooooo much better for Link! But that's just me.

Meh, Skyward Sword graphics? I thought the graphics were supposed to be more realistic like Twilight Princess's.

Not everyone can afford a Wii U right now (this girl) and they're still making DS games, so why not make another Wii game?

Because the Wii U is Nintendo's new console, console side they have to %100 focus on it, and not focus on the Wii, and Zelda would just help Wii U sales, it wouldn't do anything for the Wii, and we all want HD Zelda, and Nintendo doesn't make games for the DS anymore, the last game they released for the DS was Pokemon and that was just so they can start a new Pokemon series on the 3DS and easily develop it with the DS assets and not do something new for White 2 and Black 2.

As for these rumors, a 2014 release is very possible, considering Nintendo said they want Zelda Wii U development to take 3 years I could see it happening since Nintendo confirmed the development of Zelda Wii U back at E3 2011 in June.

But about the art style being Skyward Sword, I have my doubts because Nintendo confirmed that they don't want to use the Skyward Sword art style for Zelda Wii U, or 3DS. They said they don't want to use the same art style twice in a row (I'll try to find the interview). Personally I am really hoping for the Zelda Wii U Tech Demo/Twilight Princess Art style.

Last edited:
I hope they don't use the SS-style graphics for the Wii U game. I'd like them to go more in the direction of what we saw with Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time. Then let's have the more Wind Waker/Skyward Sword style graphics kept for the mobile games.

i believe it will be great(bigger dungeons, HD graphics). if it has a good scenario it will reward our patience (3 years after SS release date).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom