• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Aren's Sketchbook(aka Monolith's Art Thread)

QUOPLA! Two of you are familiar with this title!

Um, but that's not the point. The point is, I have an art thread. So now I ahve to make regular artistic updates. Baah... Moving on, I do have art today. Don't hold your breath, it's nothing special(yet).

I don't have a scanner, so all of my drawings are slightly Gimped photographs of actual sketches. Some are more Gimped thank others, such as my current avatar(and my sig is completely gimp-done, no hand-drawn undersketches at all), but for the most part these are mostly natural works. I prefer to color with pencil, and clean it on the computer.

All that said--What? Who's Aren and why is this his sketchbook? You mean you don't know?

Aren is a character of mine, the Chosen Warrior of Nayru long before Zelda, who fought in the first war against Demise. He drew a lot, and when he was introduced he hadn't touched a sword in years, but picked it up again quickly..[/digression] The point is, he was gifted with clairvoyance by Nayru, and his drawings usually told the future, past, or even present in a different location. As a result, he ended up drawing the entire war, recreating every major event and many minor ones, as well as correctly prophesying the future that would become Hyrule. Halfway through his part in the story(which is actually a roleplay here called "Bloodstained Blades"), I thought to myself, "Huh, I'd really like to draw this sketchbook of his." And so I did. Now "Aren's Sketchbook" is a commemorative name, although I will be sharing many drawings sourced from his sketches.

TWO OF YOU KNOW THIS STORY, TOO! #lamecopy&paste

Anywayyys... yeha. First I'll share with you my avatars throughout the ages, all of which were hand drawn and/or GIMPed. I've only had three, how hard does it get people?

The color version of my first avatar, a character named Anira:
rconsm.jpg

My second avatar, a stylized picture of my character Melica:
2mqrz9x.jpg

My current avatar. a picture of Meli as she looks today, titled "Alone" and small because technical issues made the full picture blurry:
2j3s401.jpg

Tomorrow(or later today)I might ahve actual pictures and drawings. For now, tell me how weird I am. Whee!
...stupid thumbnail... Ignore that thing below...

Attachments

• DSCF0730.jpg
    DSCF0730.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Your art style is amazing. Your current avatar is very awesome. Love the color of the avatar. I can't see the second one, as least to me. Your coloring on your OC is great. Great work, Monolith.

Thank you, all! Both of those characters are OC, Melica is in a gajillion roleplays and Anira is in a Zelda fan comic of mine. It's great to hear all this love for my works. Also, I'm really sorry about the second one, an hour of searching brought up no results. It's pretty much gone, I'll ahve to reupload it.

And with that I bring you Suspended. I'm way overl fond of this picture... To give some background, this one is Melica again although I messed up the eyes and hairline, suspended in nonexistence. She'd always had the ability to warp other things, but never herself. As she falls to her death, she manages to do just that, but she warps herself into nonbeing, where, since the level of reality she's now trapped within is no longer supported by her life, she begins to fall apart...

2ms1rh1.jpg

Yes, it's sideways. But in a dimension with no direction or dimension, what do you expect? It's all relative.

*read: My camera sucks*

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
That's awesome, and Raenis approves :yes:

Raenis is my char in Bloodstained Blades, and he is Aren's closest friend, and they grew up together. He always teased Aren about drawing.

The girl suspended in non-being is spooky!
It kidn of poked at my heart to draw it, because I knew it was Melica, dying. Her realty is crumbling. It's supposed to be ominous and sad, but if you know the context and love Meli like I do, then it's also tragic. Once I finish "Twice Forgotten", you'll get it.Until then, it needs a spoiler label.

That's awesome, and Raenis approves :yes:

Raenis is my char in Bloodstained Blades, and he is Aren's closest friend, and they grew up together. He always teased Aren about drawing.

*snort* Oh, he's in there somewhere. Just you wait, I'm sure to draw him. When I start drawing every character worth mentioning, ever.
The girl suspended in non-being is spooky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom