• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Uglyiest Console in Your Eyes

Dan

What console do you just puke at when you see it walking down the street?

For me it has to be the NES, that thing just looks ICKY! Seriously I cannot be in the same room as that thing it makes me sick. I think the main problem with it for me is the colour, I seriously don't think there's anyworse colour you could use for anything. I've seen some modded NES consoles that actually look better.I also hate it's boxey design, I mean the gamecube is a box too but it looks a lot smarter and presentable.

I'd say runners up with be the phillips CD-I and erm I guess the virtual boy.

Austin

Austin
Aww man, I thought the North American NES looks sexy as hell. Nintendo was trying to disguise the fact that it was a console as most Americans had lost faith in the console market due to the video game market crash not too long before, so they gave it the look of a VCR instead. Apparently it wasn't uncommon at that time to refer to NES carts as "tapes". I just find it really interesting and I appreciate the way it looks as a result. The unorthodox design of the console did lead to a lot of cartridge pin bending but that's another issue.

Now, the redesigned NES? You know, this guy?

300px-NES-101-Console-Set.jpg

This is ugly to me. It looks like a child's toy. I actually dislike a lot of redesigned consoles. I hate my slim PS2. Sure, it takes up a lot less space but it just does not look as good to me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Not technically a legit console but more off a knock off that i saw online...

l.jpg

Lol I don't even know what to say :/

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
The leaked PS4 images. It looks like someone mashed a PS3 and a 360 together.

Clank

Hmm
Does the Wii U game pad count, mainly because it is the ugliest piece of console hardware that I can think of.

I think the original Gameboy looks pretty bulky and ugly. I also think the original DS design looks pretty ugly. Good thing they released the DS lite. :D

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
PS1 The playstation controllers are all terrible but the PS1 specifically because it is grey, terrible shape to.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
All consoles look alright to me, but if I somewhat dislike how one looks, it probably is the Gamecube; no need for that handle.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
tumblr_mfmg7jl0hf1r96x1xo1_400.png

all consoles are beautiful inside and out
you shouldn't be hurtful
they have feelings you know

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
200px-Virtual-Boy-Set.png

"It's basically a pair of goggles on a stand. To me, that translates to a pair of eyeballs on legs." - The Angry Video Game Nerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom