• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Classic Video Games Reimagined

P

pickle962

As most of you probably know by now, there is a Punch Out game for Wii and a Bionic Commando game for Xbox 360. What I'm asking is what classic video game(s) would you like to see reimagined? I would like to see Kid Icarus reimagined. After all, Pit got to be a playable character in SSBB, so why not? Imagine what the world of Kid Icarus would look like reimagined. Post away.:)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Great thread!

Anyway, I have thought a lot about what games they could remake, actually. Some good ones I came up with were....

A Megaman game completely immersed in a 3D world. The Megaman Legends series was pretty cool, but I think with the way controllers are made now and the graphics that we are capable of achieving, a reboot of the Megaman Legends series would work out amazingly. Think of it as like Metroid mixed with Mario.

I'm not exactly sure what the name of this next game is but I am sure most of the older gamers will know what game I'm talking about. It was an NES game and you played as this kid who was in his own dream and you could like become a frog and a mole and a lizard and some other things. The thing I remember most is the first level had giant mushrooms in it. It may even have been called dreamland or nightmare land or something.

I was going to say A Boy and His Blob should get a remake but the DS is already going to have that game released for it sometime soon.

There is also this NES game I have called King's Knight that was a pretty sweet game. It's a lot like those games where you are a airplane or something and you're always flying forward and enemies come at you and you have to shoot them except instead of being an airplane you are a knight and you are always walking on the ground and have to avoid holes while killing enemy knights. I don't think they should remake it with that gameplay so much as they should just take the characters and the name and make like a sweet medieval game with a big plot.

Also, the worst game ever made, E.T. should get remade. I think with the right script and idea it could be a good game-made-from-movie. Not like the piece of junk for NES where you pick flowers and dodge holes.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I'm not exactly sure what the name of this next game is but I am sure most of the older gamers will know what game I'm talking about. It was an NES game and you played as this kid who was in his own dream and you could like become a frog and a mole and a lizard and some other things. The thing I remember most is the first level had giant mushrooms in it. It may even have been called dreamland or nightmare land or something.

Little Nemo the Dream Master and yes that would be cool.

I was going to say A Boy and His Blob should get a remake but the DS is already going to have that game released for it sometime soon.

Actually there is going to be a Wii sequel and it has a real great artstyle.

There is also this NES game I have called King's Knight that was a pretty sweet game. It's a lot like those games where you are a airplane or something and you're always flying forward and enemies come at you and you have to shoot them except instead of being an airplane you are a knight and you are always walking on the ground and have to avoid holes while killing enemy knights. I don't think they should remake it with that gameplay so much as they should just take the characters and the name and make like a sweet medieval game with a big plot.

Unfortunately that game came in an era for Square that we should call "Before Final Fantasy" and won't happen. I want a new 3D WorldRunner dangit.

Also, the worst game ever made, E.T. should get remade. I think with the right script and idea it could be a good game-made-from-movie. Not like the piece of junk for NES where you pick flowers and dodge holes.

There have been many E.T. games since and since no one is exactly clamoring for more, probably best not to see any more. Also the one you were referring to was on the Atari 2600 not the NES.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If I am not, in a recent interview, Shigeru Myiamoto said something like:

As for a new Kid Icarus Game, I ask you all to be patient, it will most probably be rewarded.
I can't find the quote right now, but I read the interview yesterday or so

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I know it's been rumoured for a long time now, but I would agree with Kid Icarus as well. I really liked the design of him and his world in Brawl, and I think a Zelda-ish game based on that style would be really fun to play. The new title in question was goign to age him and make him look kind of emo, which I wasn't too fond of. I hope that direction is scrapped in favour for the lighter style of Brawl. You can still have dark creepy dungeons without having a dark creepy looking main character. Plus after watching the whole Captain N series recently, I'd love to see the Eggplant Wizard in 3-D! :P

Other that Kid Icarus, I would like to see StarTropics return. I'm not too sure how the tile-jumping puzzles would work in 3-D, so maybe it would be best to be one of those "HD Remix" titles. It could still be 2.5-D, and a new game, but it would be more akin to the classic gameplay. Maybe traditional animation style like the new Boy and His Blob and Wario Land Shake It were. I love to look of those titles. It's just too bad for StarTropics that us Canadians won't give up the licencing to the word "Yo-Yo". "Island Star"? Bah!

Evenstevenp

The Zelda Master
Kid Icarus would be awesome. I hope they keep it 2-D, but 3-D would be rather cool as well.

As for other games, i'd like to see the Final Fantasy Legend games reimagined for DS. Maybe a compilation of all 3. That would be awesome.

Y

Yumil

Punch Out is excellent. And I'll agree with Kid Icarus as well.

I also think Ice Climber deserves another chance. The original game was a very simple "get to the stop of the screen" game, but in 3D the same basic idea of "get to the top of the mountain" could be turned into something much more exciting. It would essentially be a 3D platformer, perhaps co-op. Not exactly the most unique thing, but something worthwhile.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
Uhhh there are too many games that should be remade, but ill just list a few. (Kid Icarus is obviously one other people have shown interest in, so Ill keep off that topic)

Double Dragon- I would like to see a new Double Dragon come out for the Wii, or when Microsoft releases Project Natal, use like the new Punch Out style controls (with WiiMote and Nunchuck). I personally think it would be a pretty big hit since it was back in the arcades and classic consoles.

Duck Hunt- Lol, I think so many people would enjoy this game with the Wii, using the Wii Zapper or making a new Zapper/Light gun design. I think it would do well because if you had or have a NES, chances are you have Duck Hunt and from what Ive seen its one of the most recognized games on the NES alongside Super Mario Bros.

Mario Paint- Could be almost like a Wii Sports sort of thing, maybe and using the WiiMote to point and paint etc. Also I think allot of people would enjoy a new Mario Paint Composer on the Wii

Those are some of the ones that would make sense, another one Id like to see is Star Fox, but Im not quite sure how it would be. Also remaking an Atari 2600 game wouldn't be a smart idea at all. Most people probably wouldn't catch on, or they are so basic they would flop

Its not for the NES as already mentioned and you don't pick flowers or dodge holes. You go in the holes to find pieces of a phone, in witch you collect to "phone home" while being chased by the government. Not trying to be rude by saying this but don't bash a game when you don't know what its about (not saying its a good game in any way I agree it was bad)

S

Soa307

I'd like to see RC Racer remade haha.

Whatever games they decide to remake I just hope they are good, and not what most companies do now-a-days. Making a sub-par game using the name as a selling point.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Duck Hunt- Lol, I think so many people would enjoy this game with the Wii, using the Wii Zapper or making a new Zapper/Light gun design.

I was so disappointed that the shooting gallery in WiiPlay wasn't Duck Hunt! All they needed was the dog, that little jingle played when you'd get a duck, and, well, more ducks. Maybe the idea of a dog holding up the corpse of a duck in victory wasn't in line with Nintendo's family friendly attitude of recent though... I don't know if I'd buy a full retail version at $50, but WiiWare, or on a WiiPlay sequel it would be great!

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I would like to see how the original Zelda would turn out if adapted into 3D, or even Sonic CD.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Kid Icarus would be a definite choice for me, I loved the NES game way back when, and I'd love to see it remade. I'd like to see Mother come out in English too. Earthbound was a really fun game on the SNES, but it's prequel which was named Mother in Japan wasn't released anywhere else.

A Megaman game completely immersed in a 3D world. The Megaman Legends series was pretty cool, but I think with the way controllers are made now and the graphics that we are capable of achieving, a reboot of the Megaman Legends series would work out amazingly.
I remember when Megaman was brought to the 3D realm. I didn't like it too much one because I had thought Megaman would remain a prominently Nintendo title and two because I was used to Megaman being a 2D platformer. I still love the NES Megaman saga to this day, mostly because of the 2D, 8-bit feel. Nostalgia plays a big part for me though, so I guess I'm biased :P

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I remember when Megaman was brought to the 3D realm. I didn't like it too much one because I had thought Megaman would remain a prominently Nintendo title and two because I was used to Megaman being a 2D platformer. I still love the NES Megaman saga to this day, mostly because of the 2D, 8-bit feel. Nostalgia plays a big part for me though, so I guess I'm biased :P

I agree, 8-bit Mega Man is where it's at. I would almost consider Mega Man 9 for WiiWare* a retro-reinvention of the series. Not that it really took it to something new, but rather returned the series back to glory from the many reimaginings that left die-hard classic fans cold.

*(and other systems as well, but really, it should be played on a Nintendo console!)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Its not for the NES as already mentioned and you don't pick flowers or dodge holes. You go in the holes to find pieces of a phone, in witch you collect to "phone home" while being chased by the government. Not trying to be rude by saying this but don't bash a game when you don't know what its about (not saying its a good game in any way I agree it was bad)

When I played the game it had absolutely no manual with it and all you did was walked around, fell in holes with seemingly no way out, and when you're on the surface you can grab little pink things on the ground that look like flowers, all while dodging random people walking around. If I don't know what the games about that's the game's fault, not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom