• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda In Regards to the Collector's Edition of HH on Craigslist...

Burning Beast

Go to Hell 4 Heavens Sake
I think it's stupid they'd cancel your order and not one of his. BUT, I don't blame the guy for what HE did in buying as many as he did and trying to make a profit. Its a smart business move. (providing people actually buy from him.)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
There's a difference. If you had one collectors item that you enjoyed and you don't want it anymore, that's fine. This guy isn't going to use the 40 some copies of HH. He's just being greedy. See?
a) When selling collector's items, you never use them. They're never opened so they can be in the "mint condition". That's what makes them valuable in collector's eyes.

b) Taking that in, all he's doing is making money through a legitimate way. He isn't stealing. He's just using the system that will be employed several years down the line. There's no problem with it at all.

Amazon has started sending out mass emails to people who still have not received their limited editions and to compensate received a $10.00 promotional credit. Not good enough!

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Amazon has started sending out mass emails to people who still have not received their limited editions and to compensate received a $10.00 promotional credit. Not good enough!

That's not even a start.

I hear you about the cooler/easier part, but do you honestly think it's rude? It's a collector's item; eventually the prints would run out and guess what? Someone would be selling their mint copy of HH CE for $500,000. People would wondrously be fawning over that person, but this guy selling for a meager $100~$400 apiece is a jerk? That's a bit hypocritical on some dudes' parts. I don't fault the guy at all; if an easy $100 lay in front of me and all I had to do was sell a book(set)....I'd sell the book(set). Why should I get a real job that pays $7.25/hour and work forever when my money could be given to me in little less than a day?

I mean, I understand wanting to have a special book. But in the end, it's first come first serve. That's how collector's items work in the real world.

Haha, I like your logic. I always thought people like that were crafty and smart. Selling stuff on Craigslist is lucrative business, and it's not even illegal, so why not take advantage of it? All the other butthurt people can whine all they want.

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
If they were selling the books at only a minor increase it'd be acceptable and then yes, the people complaining would just be bitter that they hadn't thought of it first.

But the insane mark-up just artificially forces up the price of the books, meaning next time runs of this sort happen, the prices may shoot up off the bat. People sniping the wares to become an unofficial middle-man know they can get away with it. Though when the original companies realise how much people are willing to part with for their items (assuming the CraigsList ad is in any way successful for this guy), it's gonna make an unpleasant hole in a lot of peoples' pockets. Especially when our dude from Othello does this again, for his guaranteed profit from desperate fans.

That aside, it's a loophole in the system and, whether it's illegal or not, I'm sure companies don't like this sort of thing. He's not a valid retailer while these items are still new and/or being produced. Bad for business, don'tcha know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom