• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Demise Supposed to Be This Easy?

Kirino

Tatakae
Demise was one of the hardest things in Zelda for me. Took me four tries, and I had potions each time. I really don't think it's that Demise is an easy boss, as many people have tons of trouble with him, just that you're a skilled player. People say that Demise can be beating easily by using certain strategies, or by using easy patterns, but even some of the supposedly easy cheap strategies that always work can be difficult for me to pull off. You have a really good grasp and understanding of the WM+, and are just good with Zelda in general. Also, you fought him many times before. You know the drill. You know the strategies, and you know how to defeat him. Demise is relatively easy for me to beat now, because I know the fight inside out.

Also, Demise does fluctuate from this pattern that I keep hearing people refer to. During the first phase one time, I kept using a spin attack after my normal attack, and quickly back-flipping before he could hit me. This kept working, until at one moment he deviated from his pattern and attacked me immediately after I had done my normal attack. Another time, I tried attacking, back-flipping, and doing a jump-attack. This worked for a bit, and then he suddenly swung twice instead of once without warning, and knocked me back. The damage he does isn't exactly small either.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Me doing the supposed "challenge" this afternoon and not sucking. :rolleyes: Good quality, as well. Played on the Wii.

[video=youtube;KlbskD22BMs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlbskD22BMs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'll edit in some comments later...

4j17o9.jpg

I've beat Skyward Sword four times. A regular run, hero mode, a minimalist run and a hero mode minimalist. The run in the video above is done in my hero mode minimalist file. The last time I touched the game was to do that very run several months ago. What you see is my first time playing the game since then, asides from fiddling with the controls for the most of ten seconds before entering the boss chamber.

I can say that you do need skill to win. It's not hard, but it's not easy either. You won't be seeing any amateurs taking down Demise anytime soon. It requires constant attention and the reading of patterns. Blah Blah... Blah Blah... You've read these comments before.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really don't think it's that Demise is an easy boss, as many people have tons of trouble with him, just that you're a skilled player. People say that Demise can be beating easily by using certain strategies, or by using easy patterns, but even some of the supposedly easy cheap strategies that always work can be difficult for me to pull off. You have a really good grasp and understanding of the WM+, and are just good with Zelda in general.

I'm not a skilled player (not trying to be modest here; what I'm saying is that I'm not a great player), and remember that I'm not even using WM+ proper - I'm using a crap emulation of it using keyboard keys. Even with keyboard keys, Demise was easily taken down by a sloppy player. Yes, I made a lot of mistakes, but that's the point: Demise is a forgiving battle even without a shield. It wouldn't be fair of me to post a 30sec run of Demise (e.g the video DarkestLink posted) and claim he's the easiest boss ever; THAT would be me being a skillful player.

About Demise attacking you twice, that is only due to your proximity to him. As I mentioned earlier, you can manipulate what he does just by being close to/far away from him. If you see him slash once, backflip and move away - otherwise he'll double slash (triple slash on second phase if you shield bash). He's not a sporadic type of boss.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm not a skilled player (not trying to be modest here; what I'm saying is that I'm not a great player), and remember that I'm not even using WM+ proper - I'm using a crap emulation of it using keyboard keys. Even with keyboard keys, Demise was easily taken down by a sloppy player. Yes, I made a lot of mistakes, but that's the point: Demise is a forgiving battle even without a shield. It wouldn't be fair of me to post a 30sec run of Demise (e.g the video DarkestLink posted) and claim he's the easiest boss ever; THAT would be me being a skillful player.

The fact that you were able to take him down with a keyboard and mouse shows you have skill just as much as you posting that 30 second vid.

About Demise attacking you twice, that is only due to your proximity to him. As I mentioned earlier, you can manipulate what he does just by being close to/far away from him. If you see him slash once, backflip and move away - otherwise he'll double slash (triple slash on second phase if you shield bash). He's not a sporadic type of boss.

Which is part of his diverse design. Paying attention to his patterns is beneficial in taking him down, as with nearly every boss in Skyward Sword. And that's a good thing. Having to pay attention is what results in stimulation, which is why most of the GameCube bosses lacked that necessary element (the stimulation).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It seems Nintendo were going for the epic sword fight battle and instead of actually focusing on Demise's intelligence as a boss they focused on making him deal high damage. Of course damage dealt by a boss is a critical factor but if the Boss doesn't have the challenge required to deal the player damage then it's pointless. I would have liked to seen Demise use a variety of different attacks, different movement patterns, even more stages or at least an alteration of his current form tomix up the dynamic of the battle.

First time I faced Demise I was prepared and I did have the Hylian Shield but using any shield at all made this battle a whole lot easier, especially the first stage...Any boss that you can defeat within a short period of time is a boss with little depth at all. Demise really reminded me of the likes of Ghoma from OoT, even though I have only beaten Demise once it was a fairly quick battle. Overall Demise should have epitomized what a final boss should be, he is the root of all evil, he made Ghirahim look like a total ***** but we got a very high paced and fairly easy final boss.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Any boss that you can defeat within a short period of time is a boss with little depth at all.

How? That's like saying any long boss battle is automatically filled with depth. All I have to do to prove that statement wrong is point you to nearly ever GameCube Zelda boss. A boss can have plenty of depth and be capable of being defeated quickly (I point you to many of Metal Gear Solid 3's bosses). It just depends on the specific mechanics of the fight.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
How? That's like saying any long boss battle is automatically filled with depth. All I have to do to prove that statement wrong is point you to nearly ever GameCube Zelda boss. A boss can have plenty of depth and be capable of being defeated quickly (I point you to many of Metal Gear Solid 3's bosses). It just depends on the specific mechanics of the fight.

Any boss that you can master within a couple wait no 1 boss battle has little depth, in his first phase he had very few attacks and it was a simple pattern of block and strike, very repetitive, easy and no depth! The second phase was intentionally more challenging and he had more attacks but his concept of attack remained the same, he would repeate his routine and one could notice this straight away. I've had to do more of a challenge figuring out how to defeat a Mini-Boss than Demise himself.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Any boss that you can master within a couple wait no 1 boss battle has little depth, in his first phase he had very few attacks and it was a simple pattern of block and strike, very repetitive, easy and no depth! The second phase was intentionally more challenging and he had more attacks but his concept of attack remained the same, he would repeate his routine and one could notice this straight away. I've had to do more figuring out how to defeat a boss with a Mini-Boss than Demise himself.

Depth doesn't come through time. Depth comes through options and methods of approach, and Demise has plenty of those.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Is depth of attacking used to it's full potential when Demise can be defeated within 1-2 minutes?

It depends on what kind of method you're using. Demise can take a long time or a short time. It just depends on what method you use and how good you are at using it. That's great depth. Plus, Demise is the third portion of a three battle boss sequence. It's not like he was the only final battle.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It depends on what kind of method you're using. Demise can take a long time or a short time. It just depends on what method you use and how good you are at using it. That's great depth. Plus, Demise is the third portion of a three battle boss sequence. It's not like he was the only final battle.

We are talking about Demise right? Ghirahim has nothing to do with this battle as after this fight we have the option to leave and go do more exploring, get potions Etc. However if one new how to efficiently defeate Demise then why would they go for the harder option, I am sure a lot of people figured out Demise's pattern pretty much straight away and the easiest way to defeat him.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
As, I see most people here go back to that crutch known as the Lightning strike. What a bunch of pansies. If Demise is such an easy boss as you proclaim him to be, don't do that. Fight him using pure sword skills. I'd like to see you say he's an easy boss after getting rid of such cheap tactics.

...Like that vid DarkestLink put up. I'll admit, that dude has some skills. I have no idea how he was able to get in those attacks so quickly, I could only get in one attack before he got lightning in my sword again, and I was flailing about wildly while he was charging up. Unless of course that dude was using some sort of computer emulator program or something, in which case **** that guy.

Honestly, though, when I watch these vids of people taking Demise down that quickly like that (not relying on the Lightning Strike, that is) I'm much more impressed with the player than I am disappointed with Demise. It's gotta take some serious skills to pull off what they did. I've seen them and I've tried implementing their strategies, but with no luck.

I'm a fairly decent Zelda player myself, and it took everything I had in me to fight him on fair grounds. If you're trying to prove he's an easy boss, don't rely on crutches or outside help. Fight him fair and square. Every normal person I've talked to IRL have said he's the hardest Zelda boss they've ever faced, and they're pretty adept gamers as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom