• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Sylveon speculations and news

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Sylveon/Ninfia Trailer

A new trailer has been released for the new pokemon Sylveon/Ninfia. Here it is
[video=youtube_share;6VE4cT2sHEQ]http://youtu.be/6VE4cT2sHEQ[/video]
There isn't much new shown in the trailer, I just wanted to share this with you all.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
The ribbon gives me a flying type feal due to just the way they float. Although it might also be a ghost type I have no idea why i think ghost.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Because a video is BIG NEWS.

Sylveon...I'm ok with that. I have NO Idea what "sylv" is supposed to refer to though, which is weird since every other eeveelution has a name related to their type.

Also what were all of those moves she was using I think the first was fire blast or some other fire move? The last was definitely swift. Those two in the middle though....OMG WHAT TYPE IS THIS THING ._.

Have I mentioned I'm in love with how her ribbons move <3

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylph
"Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air."
Flying type yes?

Last edited:

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Because a video is BIG NEWS.

Sylveon...I'm ok with that. I have NO Idea what "sylv" is supposed to refer to though, which is weird since every other eeveelution has a name related to their type.

Also what were all of those moves she was using I think the first was fire blast or some other fire move? The last was definitely swift. Those two in the middle though....OMG WHAT TYPE IS THIS THING ._.

Have I mentioned I'm in love with how her ribbons move <3

EDIT: Sylph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Sylph (also called sylphid) is a mythological creature in the Western tradition. The term originates in Paracelsus, who describes sylphs as invisible beings of the air, his elementals of air."
Flying type yes?

I learned that earlier today, after finding out its English name. I think it's safe to say that it will be a flying type.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Looking at its moves again, I just realized what that second attack was: Trump Card. It looks super cool. Too bad Trump Card is such a rarely used move.
I'm also doubting if the first move is a fire move. Not enough flames. Thinking more along fighting type special move now. Still hung up on the third.

EDIT: On an off note, Sylphs are apparently only female. Nymphs are, in Greek tradition, female. Fairies are for the most part female as well. Those three are likely the sources of Sylveon's names across the languages as I stated in the other type thread. Given that Sylveon looks so feminine already, arguably moreso than the other eeveelutions, who thinks there's a chance that Sylveon will be female exclusive, and there will be another Eeveelution this generation that is male exclusive, possibly of a ground or rock type?
Only problem I see with this is Eevee's gender ratio imbalance, but I've always thought the gender imbalance was stupid :/

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
From Serebii: "Ninfia, the newest evolution of the Pokémon, Eevee, shall be known in English as Sylveon, with its German name being Feelinara and French being Nymphali."
Nymphali is clearly derived from Nymph. I'm willing to bet Ninfia is derived from Nymph as well. Feelinara is, I believe, derived from Fee, Fairy in German. Sylveon is likely derived from Sylph, an air elemental creature.

I'd say the name evidence is pointing towards Flying type.

I would say flying, especially after reading what Xinnamin said. But it just seems so much like a normal type its frightening.

Every move it used in this video Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: A New Pokémon Has Been Revealed! - YouTube was normal, and I REALLY hope its not so. I was talking to my brother in-law about it a moment ago and he said it could be Eevee's natural evolution, where you don't need anything to help it evolve, which I almost agreed. But the problem with this is Espion and Umbrion both evolve by love, so you would have to try to make her hate you to get her to the right level. Maybe some sort of item to keep her from getting to happy, or they could change the way you evolve Eevee into Espion and Umbrion. I think that would be sorta cool, but I still would rather not have a normal type :p(unless its part flying of course ha ha)

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Every move it used in this video Pokémon X and Pokémon Y: A New Pokémon Has Been Revealed! - YouTube was normal, and I REALLY hope its not so. I was talking to my brother in-law about it a moment ago and he said it could be Eevee's natural evolution, where you don't need anything to help it evolve, which I almost agreed. But the problem with this is Espion and Umbrion both evolve by love, so you would have to try to make her hate you to get her to the right level. Maybe some sort of item to keep her from getting to happy, or they could change the way you evolve Eevee into Espion and Umbrion. I think that would be sorta cool, but I still would rather not have a normal type :p(unless its part flying of course ha ha)
Were all of them normal moves? I couldn't tell what the first and third attack were supposed to be. It's entirely probable that Sylveon would have a good number of normal moves in her movepool just from her Eevee form carried over, and since Nintendo has been withholding her type from us so far, they could have likely used a bunch of non-revealing moves in her video to not completely give away her type from her movepool.

Personally I'm hoping for a gender based evolution, since nymphs, fairies, and sylphs are all either exclusively or predominantly female creatures, with a male eeveelution revealed in the following months to balance it, but that's probably just wishful thinking on my part.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
Sylveon News & Information

All info can be found here, but basically all they're saying is the fact that this is real info and that the publisher told them about this, blah, blah. All we want to know is what type it is, but unfortunately that info is still unknown.

But here's a tree of all the Eeveelution's including Sylveon:

aRR8wof.jpg

Here's a pic of Sylveon up close and personal:

XiW2mio.jpg

And here's a trailer showing Sylveon in action:

I'm also doubting if the first move is a fire move. Not enough flames. Thinking more along fighting type special move now.

After close examination, I think the first attack was Sky attack. When you look at Sky Attack in the 3D Pokémon games like Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Colosseum, Sky attack does give off small flames. And the fact that such a strong move is being used on a Pokémon like Hariyama also supports the fact that it could be Sky Attack.

who thinks there's a chance that Sylveon will be female exclusive, and there will be another Eeveelution this generation that is male exclusive, possibly of a ground or rock type?

I think Sylveon will be both Male and Female. I do understand where you are coming from with your research on Sylphs but it would be a pain to get one because of Eevee's gender ratio so I think Game Freak will make it both genders purely to cut the frustration of getting one.

Last edited:
Were all of them normal moves? I couldn't tell what the first and third attack were supposed to be..
I saw the first one as hyper beam, but now that I think about it, shouldn't hyper beam an entire line? Not one ball of glowy flameness? I actually didn't even think about the third one... To tell you the truth, I read a comment on the video, that stated what they thought what all the moves were, they're description seemed pretty accurate(I can't find it now). I guess I should of looked more closely before I made a post :embarrassed: ha ha.

Even with the male-female ratio I still think it would be cool if they had a different type that was just male, and plus, they could easily fix that making it 50/50 just for that game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom