• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Razor Sword

Although I don't own a copy of MM, I think the Razor Sword is the coolest. (next to Biggoron's Sword)
Too bad it wears off after a while. :(

I think that the Razor Sword was the coolest looking Sword in the game, Infact it is one of the coolest Sword in Zelda, Thats what I don't get with Zelda, The more powerful the Sword the more unattractive to the eye it is. The Great Fairy Sword or whatever it is called looks pretty bad in my opinion but on the other hand it kicks ***.

The only exception is the Master Sword, The Biggoron Sword was alright but it wasn't that cool looking.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
AGREED i've got MM in progress, and ive made a point to grab the razor sword as much as i can. getting the guilded sword and then it stays? why cant they both... right.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I didn't like the razor sword that much.... it reminded me of an oversized kitchen utensil. In any case, I did like that you could upgrade your sword, but I didn't like that you had such a small amount of time to use it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It looks cool, as I said earlier, but I still prefer the Great Fairy's Sword.
MM is probably the Zelda game with the best looking Swords.
Unfortunately, MM's mirror shield is disgustingly horrible

Before MM was released, whenever they were revealing official art for the game, and even through to today, the official art of Link that I see most often is this one.

link_sword2.jpg

I remember seeing this particularly a lot during the game's release. It was as if this was going to be Link's new most commonly used sword. But it turned out to be, in my opinion, just as worthless as the Giant's Knife in OoT.

I think they should have definitely kept this sword around for a bit longer. The Guilded Sword really doesn't look great, but it is more powerful. It seems to me that Nintendo was just trying to get as many side-quests out of this game as they could, since there was a lack of dungeons. The Razor Sword's lifespan could have been shortened simply because they wanted to make another side-quest out of getting an even better sword.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
I once tried to shave with the Razor Sword: it didn't work out, I almost cut off my head! At least it lasted longer than those other razors. After 200 uses it suddenly disappeared! Poof! It was gone.

Seriously though, the Razor Sword was one awesome looking sword. I'd rather have the Razor Sword than the Guilded Sword. If you have a Gameshark, you too can enjoy the refreshing feel of the Razor Sword. It has two blades for optimal trimming- ... Err, sorry, I got a bit sidetracked there. Anyway, it's great and deserved more love. Let's all make a <3 for our dear friend Razor "4 in 1" Sword.

I think that the razor sword looked awesome. But other than the first time i played the game, i never used it (cuz i knew better). Just jump to the guilded sword, the razor sword is not needed. I think that the fact that the RAZOR sword DULLS is stupid. U should upgrade the sword in the mountains, and then again in Ikana. There should be 2 smithies. In Ikana you should get the guilded sword. and get the gold dust somewhere other than the goron race track

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I thought it was a waste of time, really.
I mean it would just become the normal sword again and really, that was a waste of time and money. I didn't really like the design of it, either, I dunno, maybe if it was a little longer.
I disliked it so much that I didn't even bother to get it, either.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I personnally thought that the guilded sword looked cooler. Also I foud it interesting that the Hylian Shield was too biig for Link in OoT, but not in MM. Mabye he had one custom made?

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I personnally thought that the guilded sword looked cooler. Also I foud it interesting that the Hylian Shield was too biig for Link in OoT, but not in MM. Mabye he had one custom made?

I just thought that he had grown a little more in this one, after all he did look kinda taller than the Young Link in OoT and in part the Kokiri sword looked even shorter to me.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I've had bad experiences with it.:( After I got the razor sword I played the song of time and didn't know it would convert back. I couldn't believe how much money I wasted. :(

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
i only think it was good because it got you one step closer to getting the gilded sword (which is the only good thing in the game) :D

You can completely skip the Razor sword and get the Gilded sword; that's why I never bothered to get the sword after the first time of course.

CZG

When you play, you will get the gilded sword and of course, the mirror shield.... Simply to beat the game (easier).

However, The razorblade should have been switched with the gilded one. I mean, which one is cooler?
As for the shields, I liked the mirror shields from OoT (the silver one with the cresent!) and ALttP, MM shield as darn ugly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom