• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What Would You Like to Be Changed or Added in Wind Waker HD

I personally would like an option to fire the cannon while using the sail and the ability to set beacons that you can see on the ocean to make treasure or island finding easier. It would also be nice to add the stove pipe island and gc island. This is almost impossible to wish for but it would be awesome if they could realistically scale it (like with the towns and things like that).

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I think that they should have Tetra help you more. Link has a sidekick in almost half of the games. Navi, Tatl, Ezlo, Fi, Midna, etc. In The Wind Waker, Tetra sneaks a stone into your pocket that helps with communication. But you see it in action a few times. What they should do is if you Target an enemy, a little Tetra Icon flashes and if you press that button, Tetra tells you about that enemy. But seeing how Tetra is, well, Tetra, she would probably say it in some mean way. "What??? You have got to be kidding me? You don't know a thing about the Wallmaster?!?! Then I guess that you don't know if you get too close and grab you by your neck. Now get back to work. And step on it.

I've never had any trouble at finding sunken treasure. Sometimes, I time my the brakes just right, and I stop right onto of the treasure. But a beacon system could be nice. And a little tougher battles with the Bosses. Hopefully the Nintendo Gallery and Tingle Statues Quests will remain.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I would have it show us the name of the Bosses when the fight begins.

Aside from that, the only things I really want are a Master Quest and Boss Rush Mode, like Ocarina of Time 3D. I'd also quite like the cannon to work while sailing to but how exactly it would work and be accurate is something to consider. Such a feature might end up just being rubbish.

I don't think much will change in The Wind Waker HD. Nothing was really broken in the Wind Waker and I can't really think what could be done to improve the gameplay experience. Best I can think of are little cameos from other Zelda Games and GamePad integration, but nothing really springs to mind.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
When it comes to the Wind Waker HD the one thing I want to see more than anything is the inclusion of the Temples that were apparently scrapped from the original version of the game, as way back when the Wind Waker was first made Nintendo was running out of time and as such had to get rid of two complete Dungeons in order to ensure the game would be released on time, having the Triforce Collection Quest be made to make the game seem longer and have it take up the time these missing Temples would have taken up. Aside from the inclusion of these missing Dungeons there isn't much else I can speak on though...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Personally the only thing I'd like to be changed is the damage enemies deal to Link. I felt most foes should've dealt around 2-4x more than what they do, but that's merely my opinion.

Other things would be nice, such as the two dungeons they apparently scrapped, a boss-rush mode as Cfrock said, and maybe orchestrated music...but they are by no means a must in my book. Not even a WANT at that. :)

At the most i'd like them to put in what they left out the first time around like the two dungeons, one for the third pearl and one around the Triforce Quest, other than that i wouldnt like to see anyhting, and i dont even mind if the two dungeons weren't added, i don't want to see any beacons etc in WW i want it to be the game i remember.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
At the most i'd like them to put in what they left out the first time around like the two dungeons, one for the third pearl and one around the Triforce Quest, other than that i wouldnt like to see anyhting, and i dont even mind if the two dungeons weren't added, i don't want to see any beacons etc in WW i want it to be the game i remember.

You do have a good point there. I think that the original dungeon entrance one Great Fish Isle would've been that house on the top of the leaning island chunk. I think that you would have had to float onto the parts on the beach and then scale your way up. I would totally want the missing dungeons included. But they shouldn't change it too much.

A good way they could make the cannon work while sailing would be to utilize the Gamepad phantom hourglass style and tap to shoot when the cannon is selected.

The only thing that I can think of that would make the game better than it already is would be a director's cut of the game with an option to play the original game and one with everything that was left out. As for items and such, I don't think much would change at all aside from using the Gamepad to control the items. A popular idea here seems to be using the cannon and the sail at the same time, but, while I do like the thought, I highly doubt this will happen. Part of engaging enemies at sea is to actually stop and engage them. You choose to stand and fight, nothing stops you from just passing them by (unless it is something important such as a Big Octo). If you could keep the sail out, it would only sacrifice accuracy for speed in a single direction (in my opinion at least). Not to mention, you'd have quite a time trying to aim with the sail obstructing your view. Besides, almost anything you find out at sea can be avoided if you don't wish to fight (Octos? Swerve. Gyorgs? Jump them. Seahats? Turn around and find another route. You don't get within range of a Seahat).

I would like it if they could fix up the mindless sailing around and make it less tedious.
If they were to add in the extra dungeons they should only make them optional otherwise it would mess up the story

They need to have a bazaar or market like in skyward sword. They could also add an upgrade system.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
I think they should make it where you can actually explore whatever dungeon would've been awaiting your way at the great fish isle if it weren't destroyed by Ganondorf as an alternate way of getting the third pearl like an actual water dungeon. However, it would have to be accessible in an alternate second quest like the second play through mode only. Also, they should make the Triforce Quest more interesting by adding more islands and mini-dungeons to get some of the shards instead of just by underwater, more like what is done to get the charts to use to find them. However, for that to work, they would have to make the charts show where certain things are found in general what method is used to obtain them rather than just underwater. That way treasure hunting in the game can be more fun and interactive rather than constant underwater searching that can get annoying and boring.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'd like very little changed/added to TWW. I'm afraid that it would cease to be the game I fell in love with.
I suppose adding other dungeons and such would be nice, but they would have to be optional.

Aside from some minor control changes and graphics updates, I'd like it to be the same experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom