• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda in the Future! (Figurative and Literal)

So, I have noticed something about the Adult Timeline. Technology has been advancing since the times of peace. It seems Magic is becoming more and more distant while science takes hold of the world. Which means that we could see a modern Zelda. I really think Nintendo might go this route. The way the Adult timeline ends on a game where they are using trains to get around. Soon there will be cars, then more modern tech also, maybe a more futuristic stuff? I mean we can have more fantasy ones, in the timelines where Link goes back, and Ganon Wins, Technology hasn't been advancing because of the whole looming evil threats stopping this, so people went for magic instead. In the Adult timeline however. The Triforce is Lost, the old kingdom is destroyed, and New Hyrule has been at peace for years, only to be interrupted every now and then of a demon king or to, only to be destroyed by a kid with a massive head and the Legendary sword of the Week.

If they do make a modern Zelda, this wouldn't be the first attempt. In the beta of Ocarina of Time, Lap post with light bulbs where in shown, and the houses where lit via electricity, (Which I still think they are, but the game makes no mention to it.) Heck, in the original Legend of Zelda (code Named Adventure) it was suppose to take place in the Past and the future and the Triforce of Wisdom was originally suppose to be computer ships. Besides that, Termina in Majora's Mask is an interesting place. It was in a world where magic was again not focused on, (mainly because the inhabits disowned there own gods) And since the Dark tribe vanished, there was no evil force to prevent advancements in technology. So again Nintendo has been flirting with this for a while with the games. I think a full Modern Zelda would be a great thing to come to the Zelda series, and who knows it might be the next one in the series since they are remaking wind waker to tie us over... HMMMMMMMM, a Zelda game was remade because the new one ties in to that old one... Maybe Wind Waker 3? Or Spirit Tracks 2? Or maybe the Future!

But all of this is a Theory, I would love to hear from you guys about my crazy idea, I would also like to know what you would think of a Futuristic Zelda, and would you buy it? What am I saying, if it says Zelda on it, we will all buy it in a heart beat anyway.

Last edited:

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I know about the Link to the Future Trailer and other proposed ideas for a modern Zelda. Here is my response, "NO!". Zelda is a a game series built around melee combat and medieval-like civilization. You could have a phone or searchlight pop up every now and again (if you don't know, they have), but Zelda simply couldn't survive a modern story with a real modern setting. It's like taking Star Wars to a medieval setting, just no.

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
I stumbled upon a website that has a script for a Zelda movie that Miyamoto plans to release later this year.

Nah, I'm just pulling your leg. But here is my version of Zelda in the future. In the form of a movie script.

Zelda Wars: Episode IV - A New Hyrule

GOLD LINK
Green Link, this is Gold Link.

GREEN LINK
(over headset)
I copy, Gold Link.

GOLD LINK
We're starting for the target shaft now.

228. INT. GREEN LINK'S COCKPIT.

Green Link looks around at his wingmen; Ganon's Castle looming in from behind. Two Y-wing fighters bob back and forth in the background. He moves his computer targeting device into position.

GREEN LINK
We're in position. I'm going to cut across the axis and try and draw their fire.

229. EXT. SPACE.

Two squads of Royal Family fighters peel off. The L-wings dive towards the Castle surface. A thousand lights glow across the dark grey expanse of the huge fortress.

230. INT. GANON'S CASTLE.

Alarm sirens scream as soldiers scramble to large turbo-powered laser gun emplacements. Electronic drivers rotate the huge guns into position as crew adjust their targeting devices.

231. EXT. SPACE AROUND THE DEATH STAR.

Laserbolts streak through the star-filled night. The Rebel X-wing fighters move in toward the Imperial base, as the Death Star aims its massive laser guns at the Rebel forces and fires.

232. INT. HYRULE CASTLE - WAR ROOM.

Princess Zelda listens to the battle over the intercom. Midna is at her side.

RED LINK
(over war room speaker system)
Heavy fire, boss! Twenty-degrees.

GREEN LINK
(over speaker)
I see it. Stay low.

[A LITTLE LATER]

255. INT. MASSASSI OUTPOST - WAR ROOM.

Princess Zelda, surrounded by her generals and aides, paces nervously before a lighted computer table. On all sides technicians work in front of many lighted glass walls. The King watches quietly from one corner. One of the officers working over a screen speaks into his headset.

CONTROL OFFICER
Squad leaders, we've picked up a new group of signals. Enemy warriors coming your way.

256. INT. PURPLE LINK'S L-WING - COCKPIT - TRAVELING.

Purple Link looks around to see if he can spot the approaching Imperial fighters.

PURPLE LINK
My dowser's negative. I don't see anything.

257. INT. GREEN LINK'S L-WING - COCKPIT - TRAVELING.

Ganon's Castle surface sweeps past as Green Link searches the sky for the Imperial fighters. Flak pounds at his ship.

GREEN LINK
Keep up your visual dowsing. With all this jamming, they'll be on top of you before your Motion Plus can pick them up.

258. EXT. SURFACE OF THE DEATH STAR.

Silhouetted against the rim lights of the Castle horizon, hundreds of ferocious Stalfos, Keese, and Redeads dive on the Royal Family fighters.

259. INT. BLUE LINK'S COCKPIT - TRAVELING;

Blue Link panics when he discovers a TIE ship on his tail. The horizon in the background twists around as he peels off, hoping to lose the Imperial fighter.

260. INT. RED LEADER'S COCKPIT.

RED LEADER
Blue! You've picked one up...watch it!

BIGGS
I can't see it!

[MUCH MUCH LATER]

324. INT. GOLD FIVE'S Y-WING - COCKPIT.

Gold Link 1 moves in on the exhaust port.

GOLD LINK 1
Gold Link 1 to Green Link...

325. INT. LUKE'S X-WING FIGHTER - COCKPIT.

Purple Link looks over his shoulder at the action outside of his cockpit.

GOLD LINK 1
(over headset)
Lost Viscen, lost Kafei.

326. INT. GREEN LINK'S COCKPIT.

GREEN LINK
I copy, Gold Link 1.

327. INT. GOLD LINK 1'S Y-WING - COCKPIT.

GOLD LINK
They came from behind....

328. EXT. SURFACE OF THE DEATH STAR.

One of the engines explodes on Gold Link 1's L-wing fighter, blazing out of control. He dives past the horizon toward Ganon's Castle surface, passing a TIE fighter during his descent. Gold Link 1, a veteran of countless campaigns, spins toward his death.

329. INT. PURPLE LINK'S L-WING FIGHTER - COCKPIT.

Purple looks nervously about him at the explosive battle.

[LATER]

373. INT. PURPLE LINK'S COCKPIT.

PURPLE
(over headset)
Green Link, we're right above you. Turn to point...oh-three; we'll cover for you.

GREEN LINK
Stay there...I just lost my starboard fairy. Get set to make your attack run.

377. INT. DARTH VADER'S COCKPIT.

Ganon's gloved hands make contact with the control sticks, and he presses their firing buttons.

378. INT. GREEN LINK'S COCKPIT.

Green Link fights to gain control of his ship.

379. EXT. SPACE AROUND THE DEATH STAR.

Laserbolts are flung from Ganon's Skull-fighter, connecting with Green Link's L-wing fighter. He screams and is destroyed.

[EVEN LATER]

409. INT. PURPLE LINK'S X-WING FIGHTER - COCKPIT.

Purple looks back anxiously at little Tatl.

PURPLE LINK
Tatl, try and increase the power!

410. EXT. PURPLE LINK'S L-WING FIGHTER.

Ignoring the bumpy ride, flak, and lasers, Tatl struggles to increase the power.

411. EXT. SPACE AROUND THE CASTLE.

Stealthily, the Keese formation creeps closer.

412. INT. GANON'S OCKPIT.

Ganon adjusts his control stick.

413. INT. RED LINKS' COCKPIT.

Red looks around at the TIE fighters.

414. INT. PURPLE LINK'S X-WING FIGHTER.

Purple looks into his dowsing device. He moves it away for a moment and ponders its use. He looks back into the computer dowser.

RED
(over headset)
Hurry up, Purple!

415. EXT. SPACE AROUND THE CASTLE.

Ganon and his wingmen race through the Castle trench. Red Link moves in to cover for Purple Link, but Ganon gains on him.

416. INT. RED LINK'S COCKPIT.

Red sees the Keese aiming at him.

BIGGS
Wait!

417. INT. GANON'S COCKPIT.

Vader squeezes the fire button on his Keese.

418. INT. RED LINK'S COCKPIT.

Red Link's cockpit explodes around him.

419. EXT. SURFACE OF THE CASTLE.

Red Link's ship bursts into a million flaming bits and scatters across the surface.

420. INT. HYRULE CASTLE - WAR ROOM.

Zelda, Midna and the others stare at the computer board.

Purple Link
(over speaker)
Red?! Red?!?! Red!!!!!!!!

421. INT. PURPLE LINK'S X-WING COCKPIT.

Purple is stunned by Red's death. His eyes are watering, but his anger is also growing.

[to be continued]

So what do you think? Pretty cool right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom