• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda The Hyrule Historia Error Thread

Hey guys, So I just got my Hyrule Historia in yesterday. And I was reading it in class, and I found an Error. Mainly Graphical, nothing on the story or anything, but I thought you guys might want to know. If you have the Book, it's on page 89. Look closely and you will see it. Again pretty Minor, and I'm not sure if someone already noticed this, but I did, tell me what you think. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean the Fire Medallion and Spirit Medallion that has been switched? I recall a thread tried to disprove Hyrule Historia based on that one error. It was kinda silly to declare a book non-canon just because the designers identically switched the symbols. I've seen other errors and translation goofs in Hyrule Historia such as a sentence that said that Link placed the Master Sword back into the pedestal at the Goddess's Statue instead of the Sealed Temple and a label that called the Demon Train "Dream Train."
photo (6).jpg

You mean the Fire Medallion and Spirit Medallion that has been switched? I recall a thread tried to disprove Hyrule Historia based on that one error. It was kinda silly to declare a book non-canon just because the designers identically switched the symbols. I've seen other errors and translation goofs in Hyrule Historia such as a sentence that said that Link placed the Master Sword back into the pedestal at the Goddess's Statue instead of the Sealed Temple and a label that called the Demon Train "Dream Train."
View attachment 31591
Yeah, come to think of it, I DID notice that also. That's funny.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Looked... Yeah, I missed that at first - the switched medallions. A simple graphic design error, the kind that a harried designer with a tight deadline and bosses breathing down his/her neck makes. I've worked for newspapers that went out without spell/grammar checking on the headlines, resulting in them being printed with embarassing errors just because of that kind of thing.

I have noticed a few pieces of artwork for various items in the margins that were from games other than the games being discussed on the main pages - sometimes this was noted, sometimes it wasn't. I might be remembering wrong, though. I've been less flipping through the thing lately than parked on one page with a concept art image I like that I'm reproducing as a painting.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child
There are more errors in the book:
Page 3 - Famicom is called Famicon
Page 121 - Picture of Vaati is upside-down
Page 136 - Four Swords Adventures logo (should be Four Swords Anniversary Edition)
Page 237 - BS Zelda unplayable? in the original form - true, but completely unplayable - false.

Also, I have a question about the manga - why only first eight pages are in color and rest are black-and-white?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Yeah, it's silly, but it happens in a lot of different types of books, comics, magazines. I just hate it when those mistakes aren't spotted before it's published. I still love Hyrule Historia. It's all the Zelda info you want. If you don't take it slowly, you'll brain will actually explode.

That's what happened to my cousin Cody...

We pointing out minor errors? Ooh, me! Pick me! Me, me!

1344889_o.gif

*ahem* So... like, I spotted a few, but I think this one was the one that made me laugh the most for some reason. Maybe because I'm rather fond of Phantom Hourglass... On page 130 this is shown at the bottom of the page:

1Yak5

said page said:
Bellum attacks (from Niko's picture show)
So, like... yeah, Niko had picture shows, but he didn't do this one. Oshus did. Yeah, on the Ghost Ship. Not a significant error at all, but I seem to have the tendency to nit-pick about things like this, so ha... I'm like this when there are typos, formatting errors or anything of the sort in any published work. So, maybe they should have asked people more familiar with the series to proofread the translations, formatting, word-choice and stuffs. But, that's alright, I guess. I kind of mostly got this book for the pictures, anyways... 8D

(or to mock some of the fail-theories tucked in there that I disagree with... :rolleyes:)

ABC

Also, I have a question about the manga - why only first eight pages are in color and rest are black-and-white?

I'm not a big manga reader so don't take my word for it but I believe that I've seen many comic books do this where they don't add colors to some pages. I have no idea why though. Perhaps somebody with a bit of comic knowledge can fill us all in on this. :P

Hyrule Historia Error

Ok so I am not going to pick apart the timeline or the concept art. I am posting to to post an error from the publisher to see if anyone noticed or if it was even relevent to put in the first place.

My first noted error is on page 75 in the brief encounter paragraph.

SPOILER WARNING

For those of you that do not know this is the scene where Link meets with Zelda after getting the Master sword.

It fails to mention that the master sword was blessed by Hylia and became the True Master Sword.

Isn't that kind of important to note?

Well, I didn't give it much throught, but yeah, it is actually pretty important. But then again, not really that important because they state earlier/later that Link is going across the overworld getting the goddess' flames and so on. So I guess they kind of told us and kind of not specified when he finished this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom