• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Future Boss Ideas

D

Din

What if you were to create some bosses in Zelda Wii.

Well what would you create?

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I would like to see Link try to kill a vampire with a sword.

Well actually I would pick a monster with a power of lightning. It would be a huge wolf or dog like a hellhound or something. I don't know. It would be cool though.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
It's about time someone actually made a thread here encouraging the creative proliferation of ideas. I've come up with some ideas for Destiny's Hand which I'd really like people to revive, but I've fleshed them out a bit since then.

One of them is essentially a giant hawk-like bird with a mane of green flames (kind of like one of those Indian chief headdresses), which has a piece of a magic compass embedded in its head. Its appearance is designed after the ancient Egyptian stylized appearance of birds- evident in its eyes and such.
Gyre's fight takes place on the floor-like canopy of a great tree in the Kokiri forest. He'll start by flying off and bursting forth from below the canopy of leaves, his green flame leaving large flaming gaps in the terrain- which a ring of fire surrounds to prevent a Moldorm-like fight. These gaps will be your main obstacle, forcing you to find a place where you can back up for the second part.
After Gyre has left about eight of these large flaming circles, he'll start to swoop toward you. In this game, you can move while targeting with the boomerang, and he'll come so fast that's what you need to do- find a place where you can move backwards during his charge, forcing him into a second swoop. This second swoop exposes the compass point on his head, which you must quickly target to stun him.
He'll fall to the ground and expose his underbelly, which has two talons that each must be taken out. After one has been fully wounded, he'll move slower, making it a little easier to target but harder to avoid the spreading rings of fire. After both have been wounded, he'll try to make another swoop, but his weak talons will entangle him in the canopy, tripping him and knocking the point loose, reverting it to a normal hawk.

After he's been defeated, he drops both the point (read: generic object of power) and a magic gem containing Farore's Wind. I'll post some of the others later.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
awhile ago i came up with a bongo-bongo style creatue connected to the ceiling by a column of ice. use your fire arrows to melt the ice and cause it to fall. thats as far as i got -_-

D

Din

Oh and I would think of this:

How about a boss that uses wind to force you off of a very high up pillar and if you fall you must climb up.Like a form of Ganon or something and you must use arrows to shoot him in his glowing glass core on the middle of his body and when he falls down in pain slash him repeatedly.When he is through he will turn into a new form and then he dies after a while.But he usually deals a great amount of damage.He is the second last boss in the game.He coughs up a heart container and he drops dead.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I think a boss that is some sort of Dragon Rider who you chase in big circles around a track of sorts on Epona, (like with the Bull Machine in MM), and the dragon would swoop down and the rider would try to slash at you with a sword, the dragon would shoot fireballs, and once you gave it enough damage, it would go behind you and try to ram you, all the while you would have to try and shoot it with arrows, (or ice arrows for more damage), and if it got close enough you could try to hack it with your sword.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
With the battle on the pillar, that sounds like a fun battle, but I suggest adding a level of dynamism to re-climbing the pillar- for example, using a Spinner-like item tomake your way back up while avoiding further attacks. Making it two or three pillars, allowing refuge from a wind attack, would be useful, forcing you to choose which pillar will be safe.
The only problem is the way you damage him- if he "falls", how would you attack him? What I'm thinking is an arena composed of, say, a lava floor, and three large pillars with Spinner grooves (or some kind of ascension device similar to it) going up, forcing you to jump from pillar to pillar while avoiding further gusts. Maybe making it covered in hookshot targets, or pretty much something that uses an item to climb up.
What would happen is that the boss would fly between the three pillars, stopping on one to fire a blast of wind at one of the other two, usually the one you're on. You'd jump/hookshot to the other one quickly and let an arrow fly before his wind blast ends, and then he'd fall onto the pillar, letting you get a good shot at him before he gets back up.

Oh, and the dragon rider idea kind of lacks a real way to damage it- if you run out of arrows, you're pretty much dead since you'd have to dismount to get more, thus leaving you vulnerable. You'd also have to have a part where you can't just "shoot him when he charges", unlike OoT's Phantom Ganon. For example, maybe have him do rolls or blocking moves during his charge, that change where you need to shoot to hit. And, um, how did Epona get into the dungeon? Is this like an outside boss, like the Twilight Insect Queen, or the Ganon horseback battle?

Anyway, here's my second boss idea- a monkey that has stolen the second piece of this compass has been pestering you through this whole dungeon, providing an occasional obstacle and a miniboss fight. However, after cornering it, it bonds with the plate of the compass, transforming it into a giant ape covered in metal armor. He smashes through the floor and into the arena, where he'll charge you in an attempt to grab you and throw you into the far wall. What you do it wait until he begins to dive at you, and backflip twice away. He'll see he missed, and raise a mallet-fist to smash you, at which point to roll underneath him and swing the dungeon item, an axe, at his leg, causing him to collapse. Roll out quickly and head to his head, swinging at the plate on his head.
After repeating this twice more, the plate will slide off of his face, revealing a very angry gorilla. He'll once again try to charge, but this time he's a lot faster, and if you try to jump to the side, he'll fling out a backhand to knock you off your feet. Instead, you must backflip three times and Z-target his clasped hands, and execute a jump attack. This will again trigger the mallet-hand sequence, but more quickly, forcing you to move fast. After two fo these, the plate will slide off of his head, reverting him to normal and releasing Din's Fire and the Power Plate.

Last edited:
D

Din

With the battle on the pillar, that sounds like a fun battle, but I suggest adding a level of dynamism to re-climbing the pillar- for example, using a Spinner-like item tomake your way back up while avoiding further attacks. Making it two or three pillars, allowing refuge from a wind attack, would be useful, forcing you to choose which pillar will be safe.
The only problem is the way you damage him- if he "falls", how would you attack him? What I'm thinking is an arena composed of, say, a lava floor, and three large pillars with Spinner grooves (or some kind of ascension device similar to it) going up, forcing you to jump from pillar to pillar while avoiding further gusts. Maybe making it covered in hookshot targets, or pretty much something that uses an item to climb up.
What would happen is that the boss would fly between the three pillars, stopping on one to fire a blast of wind at one of the other two, usually the one you're on. You'd jump/hookshot to the other one quickly and let an arrow fly before his wind blast ends, and then he'd fall onto the pillar, letting you get a good shot at him before he gets back up.

Oh, and the dragon rider idea kind of lacks a real way to damage it- if you run out of arrows, you're pretty much dead since you'd have to dismount to get more, thus leaving you vulnerable. You'd also have to have a part where you can't just "shoot him when he charges", unlike OoT's Phantom Ganon. For example, maybe have him do rolls or blocking moves during his charge, that change where you need to shoot to hit. And, um, how did Epona get into the dungeon? Is this like an outside boss, like the Twilight Insect Queen, or the Ganon horseback battle?
I agree there is proball going to be vines or something that doesn't take so long.I am trying to make it so that it is nearly flawless so keep giving feedback.Of course he has other attack methods.He can shoot lightning at you from his orb until he stops to take a breath link must try to manuever over to another pillar and use the item he got in the temple...BOMBS!And he recently had an upgrade from the fairy that lets you combine some weapons so you then have to quickly shoot the base of the other pillar and he falls down and loses damage.In Final Form how about he is into a more of a ganon form and his orb is at his head.Then you have to try to stop Ganon from hurting you by shooting bomb arrows at his orb.Afetr this his orb breaks and he disenagrates.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Vines are actually what I was trying to avoid- a tall pillar would be tedious to climb, so putting in hookshot targets or spinner puzzles or the like would make recovering to the pillar more fun. Perhaps the wind is mainly to knock you down to the lava or something, damaging you indirectly, and the lightning attack is more direct damage, not moving you, and not forcing you to the other pillar necessarily.

I'd like to hear more about exactly how the bomb arrows are used, and how the other form would attack. Also, is this an early Ganon battle? If Link just got the bombs in the temple, then it would have to be a pretty early dungeon, not one where Ganon necessarily needs multiple forms. Needing bomb arrows to defeat him is also something of a mistake unless you can get bombs from pots/rocks/grass in this game.
So maybe it's a Phantom Ganon? Or maybe some other wizard- Ganondorf typically doesn't use a varied arsenal- lighting and dark lighting pretty much.

Anyway, my third boss is a giant, serpentine River Zora- the big-lipped, fire-breathing kind from LoZ and Alttp. I don't know exactly how it'll go, but I think it'll involve using the Iron Boots and Zora Suit to go underwater and find holes and chinks in its armor.

Last edited:
maybe something like the kraken in pirates of the caribbean? Lotsa tenticles, big sucking mouth, plus water. sounds like another beastly boss in a hard, water-based temple!

D

Din

maybe something like the kraken in pirates of the caribbean? Lotsa tenticles, big sucking mouth, plus water. sounds like another beastly boss in a hard, water-based temple!
I like this idea,but how would it fit in a stincken water temple!?I mean in the great sea while you are on a pirate ship that would be dorta meaningful in the story but not exactly a temple boss.The idea is sort of cool though but a big octo is already in its place.It may be an enemy like this creature but i can't see this as a boss.It just doesn't add up.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I don't see how the kracken wouldn't fit into a dungeon. I mean, have you ever seen Morpheel? That guy is freakin huge! I think the kracken Idea would be awesome.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
I don't see how the kracken wouldn't fit into a dungeon. I mean, have you ever seen Morpheel? That guy is freakin huge! I think the kracken Idea would be awesome.

This. However, again, you'd need to make it unique with a mix of attack strategies or specific weaknesses- said Kraken could have any number of weak points. For example, it might use an electric move with, say, two tentacles that deliver opposite charges, but if you position yourself right he'll grab an iron pillar and stun himself or get stuck, allowing you to slip underwater and attack a weak point near the bottom safely. Or maybe a tentacle that chases you around, that you must swim away from and through the beast's snapping beak, causing him to bite himself. There are any number of ways a tentacled sea monster could be done.

D

dug428

How about a huge knight that awakens after link walks in, and he stands up to reveal a peice of what you need. He picks it up and and eats it.... He then roars or something and link must hookshot on targets to go up the chamber while avoiding electric blasts that he shoots out at you. When Link gets to the top he pulls out a sword and slashes with it. you must expertly dodge it, and then hookshot ONTO the huge knight, and survive random electric charges while attempting to slash at spots that has no armor on to minorly damage him. After slashing each part enough, he will hit the ground and not do anything. He spits out 2 darknuts to give him time to recover. You kill both darknuts, and then you watch the beast get up. He will slash at you again, and you have to hookshot at a new point on the body, and you will start to slash his stomach, (After slashing the last time, that part fell off) and he will still shoot electric charges down his body. When you slash enough he knocks you off, and blows up or something. He drops the item. Just an idea I had.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Hmm, I could actually be creative for once without harsh critism.

Anyways, I was thinking of basing it on one of my creature designs for an RPG named Dungeon of Doom. The creature's name is Yori, and it is a snake like creature with a morphed human head with horns. My RPG was very basic and you attacked on a hit/miss scale, not by different attacks. However, I think I could come up with an interesting boss sequence.

I was thinking of the battle taking place in a desert oasis-like place. In there, there would be a nest made of grass. Link would shoot the grass with a fire arrow, and the Yori battle would begin. It would be like the boss from Lakebed with a PH twist. The creature would try to attack you with swift attacks. Link would have to use a clawshot to grab onto the horns and tie them together, allowing Link to slash at the beast. Eventually, the horns would break.

It would be then that Link would have to grab the horns and throw them at the beast, downing him, allowing Link to shash at him. That would lather, rinse, repeat, until the battle would be over. Its a basic concept, but I think it could work out in Zelda Wii, depending on the art styling of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom