• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What's The Worst Game(s) You Have Ever Played?

Like the title says what is the worst game you have ever played, it can be for any console of any year.

For me it has to be:

Any movie based game, in an including those based off of a franchise like the god awful Alien VS Predator game or anything based on a Disney movie.

Fallout:New Vegas. This game i played when it first came out and never went back due to all the glitches and bugs that where present. it ruined the game for me to the point where i sold it and cleaned my hands of fallout.

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. All i can say is dear lord why did they make this mess, i managed to finish it once then never went back ever again the story was bad the enemies could flatten you in no time and the AI was borderline braindead when they where needed most.

I have more but i will list them at a later date.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Worst game as in just broken? Well...most games for the Atari 2600 fit the bill, but I'mma just say Sonic: 2006. Sonic '06 has far too many glitches and bugs for its own good. SEGA didn't even care to patch the game or release a complete version; they merely considered it deadweight and went about their business.

Worst game as in I disliked it? Quite obviously Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm a distinct hater of this game, saying things that aren't true and spreading the word that the game, in my mind, is the worst Zelda I've ever played. ;;;

I've played a lot of games that could be considered quite bad, but never seriously. You know, when my friend rents some video game based on a movie nobody liked, and guess what, nobody likes the game, either. I have "played" those games, but I honestly don't count those experiences.

I find it funny that the two games which vie for "Worst Game I've Ever Played" were a), games I specifically asked for my birthday and received, and b), were given perfect 40/40 scores by Famitsu. Ugh.

The first is Nintendogs. Specifically the Labrador version, but who the heck cares, the versions are essentially the same except for what dogs you start with. I have an entire rant on Nintendogs written up on my computer just to get it out of my system, but I won't go into that much glorious detail here. Suffice to say that Nintendogs is completely over-hyped and overstated. Based on almost all the reviews I'd read, it was supposed to be Animal Crossing with pets. It wasn't. I actually enjoyed the game the first two weeks or so I played it, but that's because I was expecting something more. Then as time went on, I realized this was it. Nintendogs suffers from two fatal flaws: one, there is barely anything to do. You walk, you enter one of three contests, you teach your dog tricks, you play with your dog (with toys that are generally the same), and you pet your dog. No, you don't wander around the house, because you don't have a house, only a small, cramped room with white, unfinished edges. You don't actually meet or interact with people in town. Walking barely has any interaction. Contests are flawed and gimmicky. And then we hit reason number two: there are oppressive limits on everything. You can only walk your dog once every thirty minutes. You can only enter three contests a day. You can only teach your dog three tricks a day. You can only have three dogs in the house and own eight at a time, meaning you can't even own all the dogs at once without getting rid of the other ones you spent time, money, and possibly love on. There isn't a whole lot to do in Nintendogs, and what you can do is horribly, severely limited. Final score: 4/10. Maybe a 3/10.

I kind of promised myself I wouldn't go on a rant about it, and I did. Crap.

The second game vying for the title is Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies. My opinion of the game can be summed up in "Nothing is new, everything is flawed." Opinions will likely differ between me and everyone else here, but the story is completely moot. The first half of the game feels like the Pokemon anime: show up at a new location, help everyone, leave, never look back. Honestly, the people you interact with in the first half never, ever enter the story again. It's complete drivel. Then when the plot actually does show up, it's incredibly barebones, and any plot twists you come across aren't sufficiently explained, leaving you to guess at what you're doing and why. DQ9 is also supposed to be one of the harder games in the series, so as a Dragon Quest newcomer, this didn't bode well for me. The problem was that the difficulty felt completely artificial. Enemies had instant-death attacks, pretty much every item was too darned expensive, bosses were horribly cheap (particularly the final boss, that piece of crap), and the COMBAT SYSTEM IS BROKEN. Agility influences which characters go first, but it's not set in stone, meaning your Mage can go first in Turn 1, then third in Turn 2, then second in Turn 3...it's a strategy game where you can't strategize, and that breaks the combat system. Add to all this no character development, limited character customization, an astoundingly repetitive soundtrack, the inability to accept more than a small handful of missions, enemies that roam the overworld in such a way to be annoying...and you have one incredibly over-hyped game. Not to mention it brings almost nothing new to the JRPG genre. Final score: 5/10.

Hoo boy...there's so much more I could say about those games, but I have whole articles written up on them, so if anybody wants the full spiel, send me a message or something. I'm sure I stepped on someone's toes, but that's how I feel.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Legend of Zelda: Wand of Gamelon
Starfox Adventures
Modern Warfare 3

The three worst games I've ever played.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
You actually played Wand of Gamelon? That's not something everyone can say. Did you walk into it completely unsuspectingly, or were you aware of its infamy beforehand?

My friend is a collector of video games and actually has a CD-I because of that. I'm pretty sure he has all 3 of the Zelda games for it, but I only played Wand of Gamelon just to see how bad it really was. I played it after seeing YTP's, but never actually saw any gameplay. I would try Faces of Evil and Zelda's Adventure, but after how bad WoG was...I never wanna play a CD-I game ever again.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
Almost every game with a tie in with a movie I just hate, thoguh there are a few exceptions. I don't really hate any other games, mostly because if I play a game and like it, it's ussually the only game I'll play for the next week, making games I hate a rarity.

Because broken
Barring Colours (which still wasn't very good) any 3D Sonic game.

Because just plain awful
Obscure (awful survival horror game)
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
Most Mortal Kombat games
Most games based on a movie, particularly Underworld: Eternal War...

Worst game as in just broken? Well...most games for the Atari 2600 fit the bill, but I'mma just say Sonic: 2006. Sonic '06 has far too many glitches and bugs for its own good. SEGA didn't even care to patch the game or release a complete version; they merely considered it deadweight and went about their business.

Worst game as in I disliked it? Quite obviously Zelda: Skyward Sword. I'm a distinct hater of this game, saying things that aren't true and spreading the word that the game, in my mind, is the worst Zelda I've ever played. ;;;

I feel Sega have just stopped caring at all for Sonic over the pat few years, his best days where on the Megadrive so many memories where as today his adventures are clunky half-baked dribble aimed at gamers who want an easy time with more glitches than you would expect from 5 separate games but Sega just dont give a toss.

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
I hate Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, ugh I think Superman 64 is a better game than this, I really do Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis is a better game than this,Ghost Recon is a better game than this.(to know why I hate this game so much check out my thread titled "worst game of all time"or something like that.)

I hate Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, ugh I think Superman 64 is a better game than this, I really do Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis is a better game than this,Ghost Recon is a better game than this.(to know why I hate this game so much check out my thread titled "worst game of all time"or something like that.)

Wow thats some serious hate you have for Gale:P especially if you think superman is better. Im an open minded gamer and i couldnt do the first 5 minutes of Superman it made me want to die inside:P

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
The worst game I ever played was Glover. What the hell was I thinking in getting that piece of crap game? I was playing as a freaking a glove! Made no sense whatsoever.

The worst game I ever played was Glover. What the hell was I thinking in getting that piece of crap game? I was playing as a freaking a glove! Made no sense whatsoever.

I remember renting that when I was very young and I played it for like 20 minutes and stopped because it was so bad

Another game I remember renting that I really didn't like was Rocket: Robot on Wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom