• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Which GameCube Games Would You Most Like to See Remade in HD?

Now that we know The Wind Waker is being redone in HD, this naturally brings to mind what other GameCube games could or should receive the same treatment. The removal of the cel-shaded look in The Wind Waker is debatable, but which GameCube games would you like to see remastered just as far as graphics go?

My own personal list is as follows:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I won't lie, the graphics in PoR were terrible, even though it's my second favorite game of all time slightly behind Skyward Sword. An HD rendition could really flesh out the battlefields, cutscenes, and combat, making it look like the Fire Emblem that never was.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. If it looks anything like the HD demo, it'll be awesome. Better judgment in color choice would also benefit it, but smooth HD graphics would make it look amazing on its own.
Super Smash Bros. Melee. Picture Big Blue in HD. Or Brinstar Depths, or Fourside, or Temple, or Great Bay, or Fountain of Dreams, or just about any stage. Picture the characters in detailed HD. That is epic. Don't deny it.
Super Mario Sunshine. Sunshine had an interesting use of colors, but as an early GameCube title, its graphics were a little sub-par. But imagine the environments of places like Sirena Beach and Bianco Hills in HD, not to mention more polished character models. This is probably one of the top GameCube games I'd want in HD, actually.
Metroid Prime/2. This one's kind of a no-brainer. It had awesome graphics anyway, but places like the Magmoor Caverns and Phendrana Drifts would really make good use of the HD.

Naturally every GameCube title could benefit from HD, but which ones strike you as being better candidates? After all, if The Wind Waker's HD release is going to take awhile, not every GC game is going to make the cut.

Last edited:
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem. Eternal Darkness didn't look too good on the Gamecube to begin with because it was originally intended as an N64 game. A fresh coat of paint on this classic would be appreciated.

F-Zero GX. It's been awhile since we've seen a new installment in the franchise and with Miyamoto stating there are currently no plans for another game (although he trolls fans by including an F-Zero mini-game in Nintendo Land), remaking the best high speed racer out there isn't a shabby idea.

Metroid Prime Trilogy. Yes, Prime 3 is a Wii game but rerelease this amazing compilation in HD for Wii U, Nintendo. I was a bit foolish to not purchase the limited print and I'm sure many would appreciate these classics in HD.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
TP is the only one I can think of. HD really doesn't compliment full on cartoons like Mario and tWW to warrant a purchase.

I like GameCube games the way they are, they do not need the HD treatment, any of them. The Wind Waker HD was a disappointment, I don't want other GameCube games to share the same fate.

I like GameCube games the way they are, they do not need the HD treatment, any of them. The Wind Waker HD was a disappointment, I don't want other GameCube games to share the same fate.

How was it a disappointment...? As I said, its disregard for cel-shading is debatable, but that doesn't mean a similar fate would befall every GameCube title. HD only improves; it's the stylistic choices that make or break the graphics. Perhaps GameCube games don't "need" them, but we're speaking hypothetically here. If Nintendo could take on a handful of GC games and turn them into HD, which would be your preference?

The Wind Waker HD, in my personal opinion, may have lost its cel-shaded touch, but that doesn't mean it lost its artistic soul. It still bears the pleasantly childlike and colorful graphics that separated it from the others in the first place, so I don't believe it requires being cel-shaded to look good.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Super Mario Sunshine: Although I do like the actual gameplay too much, I thought the game looked fantastic. I know this is about GC games, but if they released an HD disc with 64, Sunshine, and the Galaxy series that would be AMAZING.

Melee: It would be a great candidate for an HD upgrade. It was one of the first GC games released, (which you'll find to be a running trend in my list) but it's also one of the most polished gaming experiences in both controls and visuals on the system. With the addition of wifi matches, it would be a nice hold-over while we wait for the next release.

Pikmin 1 and 2: Like Melee, the first Pikmin was an early game for the system, but I still think it looks absolutely beautiful. Seeing how amazing Pikmin 3 is looking makes me want these two to get the upgrade even more. <3

How was it a disappointment...? As I said, its disregard for cel-shading is debatable, but that doesn't mean a similar fate would befall every GameCube title. HD only improves; it's the stylistic choices that make or break the graphics. Perhaps GameCube games don't "need" them, but we're speaking hypothetically here. If Nintendo could take on a handful of GC games and turn them into HD, which would be your preference?

The Wind Waker HD, in my personal opinion, may have lost its cel-shaded touch, but that doesn't mean it lost its artistic soul. It still bears the pleasantly childlike and colorful graphics that separated it from the others in the first place, so I don't believe it requires being cel-shaded to look good.

They are a disappointment in my opinion. It should be noticed that I'm not very keen on HD Graphics and I generally don't like them. The only HD I accept is the resolution enhancement, not the overhaul with all these lightning effects that the Wind Waker and alot of other games take. The GameCube Graphics are better in my opinion, The Wii U version just doesn't appeal to me.

They are a disappointment in my opinion. It should be noticed that I'm not very keen on HD Graphics and I generally don't like them. The only HD I accept is the resolution enhancement, not the overhaul with all these lightning effects that the Wind Waker and alot of other games take. The GameCube Graphics are better in my opinion, The Wii U version just doesn't appeal to me.

...That seems to be a lot like saying you prefer candy corn to rich chocolate, but I suppose I'll take your word for it. To each his own, right?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Super Smash Bros Melee - basically v @ Hachi

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - This game looks great on the Cube, but HD visuals along with the axed cutscenes would make PoRHD a game to remember! Oh, and the obligatory difficulty touch ups. ;)

Super Mario Sunshine - v @ The Wanderer

Zelda Twilight Princess - This game...I'll just copypaste...was far too blurry for its own good. And, even though I liked the colors, I felt the game was a bit too dark and depressing as far as palette goes. Visuals and coloring could use a huge boost, and the anti-aliasing wouldn't hurt at all.

Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem. Eternal Darkness didn't look too good on the Gamecube to begin with because it was originally intended as an N64 game. A fresh coat of paint on this classic would be appreciated.

F-Zero GX. It's been awhile since we've seen a new installment in the franchise and with Miyamoto stating there are currently no plans for another game (although he trolls fans by including an F-Zero mini-game in Nintendo Land), remaking the best high speed racer out there isn't a shabby idea.

Metroid Prime Trilogy. Yes, Prime 3 is a Wii game but rerelease this amazing compilation in HD for Wii U, Nintendo. I was a bit foolish to not purchase the limited print and I'm sure many would appreciate these classics in HD.

He said what i wanted to say. The mean bugger.

Eternal Darkness, Metroid Prime Trilogy and F-Zero GX would all be wonderful in HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom