• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Racial Changes

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
What are your thoughts on Racial evolution in The Wind Waker? Do you want to see the Zora's avian descendents in future games? Was the Kokiri tribe mutating into plant monsters (who creep me out) a good idea? Should they be seen in future installments?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Really? I thought they were both weird. I gotta hand it to Nintendo. They have come up with some pretty imaginative creature designs. I don't appreciate the implications that the Koroks and Rito are descended from the Kokiri and Zora... but they are unique races in their own right. I don't really like the Koroks. I mean... frozen turkey's with leaf masks? That's just... erm, "creative." The beak noses on the Rito are a bit far off as well. I find the notion of forest children "evolving" into the Koroks a bit off putting.

And while I appreciate Nintendo doing new stuff with the series, the Gorons and Zoras are too endearing by now. Doesn't mean they need to be around all the time. Would I want to see the Rito and Koroks return? I wouldn't mind it, but it would be no loss to me if they didn't. I did admire the individual Rito characters and their appreciation for Link. I thought their visual look to be pretty cool, what with their feathery robes for wings, but both the Rito and Korok designs were suited for Wind Waker's toon look, and I don't think their visual appearance can translate to more realistic graphics.

In short, I don't think the Rito or Koroks special enough to warrant a return.

I liked them, Wind Waker was all about change, moving forward and being something new. We left the world behind that we knew and it was never coming back and so the Rito and Koroks helped me get over it, they can adapt to change why not me. I find the Rito to be as graceful as the Zoras and the Koroks to be as interesting Kokiri, i'd like to see both of them again, they were a lot of fun.

I just wonder why the Zora grew wings. It's not like being a fish in Water World would be useful or something like that.

That was just one example of the many sacrifices that had to be made for the sake of the plot. With Hyrule being submerged and all, we wouldn't want to have any Zora snooping around where they don't belong, would we? Keep in mind that I mean this in a figurative sense (as, literally speaking, the Zora do "belong in an aquatic environment").

While I agree that Nintendo could probably have gone many a different route, such as justifying the disappearance of the Zora via extinction, I accept what they came up with in regards to the Rito.... somewhat.

As to the general topic... I don't expect to see the return of the Rito in future installments, as they no longer serve a purpose. TWW and its sequels have pretty much wrapped up that whole tropical, seafaring saga as well any chance of seeing the Rito again.

Regarding the Korok... I found the evolution of the Kokiri to be the greatest of its kind for the series; an excellent exhibition of change over the course of not only the in-game continuity but the series itself. Unfortunate to see what became of the Kokiri, though... I really miss those guys... :[

Cfrock

Keep it strong
As much as I do like the Rito and the Koroks, I doubt we'll see them again. Unless another game is set on The Great Sea then their return seems unlikely. They're absent in both Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks which are the only games they would have had a chance to return in, since neither race evolved on the other timelines. Maybe one day we'll see them agian, maybe. Not gonna hold my breath though.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
The racial changes seemed inevitable to me. Zoras were fresh water inhabitants; they probably couldn't survive in salt water. So they evolved. Why from fish into birds puzzles me to this day. As for the Koroks, the Kokiri were always the children of the forest. They just became more like the forest. With the ability to fly so they could tend to forests elsewhere.

...What was with all the flying in a water world anyway? Weird.

As far as seeing them again goes, I seriously doubt it. The Koroks are tied to the Great Deku Tree, who is out on the Great Sea. And I'm not sure if I'd want to see the Rito again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom