• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD Screenshots + Video

I say it's an unexpected surprise...but one that I welcome <3. I was quite blown away by the new HD graphics for the Wind Waker for surpassed any high-resolution graphics that the Dolphin Emulator has to offer. Now one could wonder what other Zelda games would look like in HD ^^.

I'm interested. The WW imo was a excellent game with some major flaws. Mostly the difficulty and the triforce quest. I honestly think that this game would be stellar if the amped up the difficulty a bit and as for the tri force quest, well I don't really know. I didn't hate it THAT much. But it was a pain. I think it looks great and it sort of does remind me of Nintendo land but I'm still going to wait a bit for more information like how they're going to utilize the gamepad and such. I am sort of excited for this game

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i wasn't a huge fan of the wind waker in the first place but this rekindles my interest in the game, i hope it makes me take back the harsh things i've said about the game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Ehhh...not too excited for Wind Waker in HD. It feels like it's only going half way. They're going far enough to take away the cartoony graphics tWW is known for but not far enough to make it an incredible HD experience like the Demo was.

I'm more upset with these changes they plan to make to Wii U. I think Aonuma is going to get more than he bargained for when he struggles to make a non-linear game while keeping creative puzzles and story...and I am just flat out confused with the changes of Single Player. How can you bring the Zelda series "back to its basics" when you're changing it into a multiplayer game? It's just contradictory.

It honestly isn't the same as the original TWW. I mean, aside from the update visuals, TWWHD isn't even cel-shading, which was a key element to the original's art style. It felt like a cartoon, whereas TWWHD just seems...blah. Unoriginal; generic in a sense.

I'm very disappointed in this switch, both the sudden announcement (especially since us fans were craving for MAJORA'S MASK 3D) and the different art style altogether. Don't get me wrong, TWWHD looks GREAT, but it didn't seem to translate all of TWW's charm, at least in art style.

Don't be too upset. If they're making tWW on the Wii U, I guess this blows away my arguments for Majora's Mask not being a 3DS game. While I would love to see MM in the 3DS, I never thought it would happen. I never thought Nintendo would revive a game that failed in the sales...but hey, if they're really gonna bring back tWW despite how bad it did, then MM definitely has a fighting chance.

As much as I love TWW, this logically makes no sense to me. Why would they remake TWW, the graphics were fine on the GC and didn't need an update. They also made Oot3d so logically MM3d should have been next. Whatever though, I'm still going to buy TWWHD because I need Wii U games

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
As much as I love TWW, this logically makes no sense to me. Why would they remake TWW, the graphics were fine on the GC and didn't need an update. They also made Oot3d so logically MM3d should have been next. Whatever though, I'm still going to buy TWWHD because I need Wii U games

It does make sense though, from what I've been seeing Wii U represents GameCube and 3DS represents the N64, so the next remake would be MM3D for 3DS and than Twilight Princess HD for Wii U.

I'm more upset with these changes they plan to make to Wii U. I think Aonuma is going to get more than he bargained for when he struggles to make a non-linear game while keeping creative puzzles and story...and I am just flat out confused with the changes of Single Player. How can you bring the Zelda series "back to its basics" when you're changing it into a multiplayer game? It's just contradictory.

Uhh... I watched the Nintendo Direct this morning, and Ii didn't hear anything about multiplayer... when did they mention multiplayer??

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Uhh... I watched the Nintendo Direct this morning, and Ii didn't hear anything about multiplayer... when did they mention multiplayer??

They mentioned they are going to rethink two core concepts...doing dungeons in an order and playing alone. Which means multiplayer and *shudders* Non-Linearity.

They mentioned they are going to rethink two core concepts...doing dungeons in an order and playing alone. Which means multiplayer and *shudders* Non-Linearity.

I'm kind of looking forward to whatever form this hypothetical multiplayer takes, but at the same time, I dread it a little. Zelda has never done this on a large scale (the Four Swords games don't even count), so I'm a little leery if they spend too much time forcing a broken multiplayer system and neglect the rest of the game. I'm not automatically condemning it, and I actually have some multiplayer ideas that would totally kick butt, but it slightly worries me as well.

But I still think you're kind of unnecessarily shuddering about non-linearity. I don't particularly have a problem with it if it's just a personal preference of yours, but I think it's important to remember Zelda was a) founded on non-linearity and b) other games with similar goals as Zelda have tried non-linearity (or at least an open world design) and worked to incredible success (Skyrim, anyone?). Zelda has actually been less like itself for most of the past twenty-five years or so rather than further defining itself.

Even if non-linearity isn't taken completely to heart, a large, deep, open world design is one of the top things Zelda could use, which I'm sure you'd agree with. For the most part, I'd still be fine with a linear dungeon order if the world was huge, packed with secrets, and deeply rewarded exploration.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
This looks amazing. I always said how they should do a remake or an HD collection to tide us over until a new Zelda is released. This news has made me so happy! Visually this is far above the original. I never really liked the look of the WW but this is 'king fantastic.

I

ImagiLink

I like the higher contrast colours, the added clouds and the extra details in the ocean, but the land textures don't sit well with me. They're too realistic and they seem tacked onto the Windwaker cel-shaded style, especially the trees. It borders on Skyward Sword territory which I hugely dislike stylistically. Over-kill on bloom lighting doesn't help either. To be honest, I would have preferred a straight HD port of the original, without all this tinkering. I feel as though they should have left this experiment for a future Wii U Zelda game. I want entirely new games. Too much cashing in. I wonder how much this will retail for.

Deeds

no text
I agree with Ventus. It seems as though Nintendo have got their mind so fixated on HD graphics, they've forgot about tWW's original art style. Still, you can't get away from the fact that the graphics look really nice. Still happy, nevertheless.

To be honest, I don't really like the new graphics all that much. The brightness of the color is way to much, and the shine just stings my eyes. Just look at this comparison picturehttp://www.nintendofuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/XWAnQUE-600x375.jpg(the smaller picture looks much better) The old color was fine and beautiful. It was subtle color that was really unique, it wasn't overly bright, and it also wasn't dull and boring. Don't get me wrong, a touch of color I think will do the game good, but with how much brightness and shine they added I just don't like as much. I love color, but this is just TOO much of a good thing!

My thoughts exactly, I love TWW, its one of my favorite games, but why? it didn't do to well with sales, the graphics still look great today. I was completely surprised and confused when I heard about it, I thought it was a joke at first. Oh well, I guess you never know what Nintendo will do.

I wish they'd made Majora's Mask HD instead, because it would be a bigger difference...it would be like playing a brand new game...I'm sure seeing WW in a new light will be thrilling for the first few hours, but my guess is the feeling's gonna wear off and pretty soon it'll be just like playing WW for the zillionth time.

Oh, and why is the sky/lighting so freaking BRIGHT? I'm trying to appreciate the comparison photo but I honestly like the old one better because it doesn't hurt my eyes, lol. I'm sure they'll fix it in the actual game.

Comparison.

468px-Comparison_5_-_HD.jpg

<3

This is my new desktop picture :P It's so awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom