• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD Screenshots + Video

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
It looks really good! It's releasing Fall 2013.

Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-01-e1358956957349.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-02-e1358956974952.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-03-e1358957002208.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-04-e1358957019404.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-05-e1358957042639.jpg

Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-06-e1358957070324.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-07-e1358957090571.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-08-e1358957117511.jpg
Zelda-Wind-Waker-HD-09-e1358957136539.jpg
[video=youtube;xSF-yNvKmjI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xSF-yNvKmjI[/video]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It honestly isn't the same as the original TWW. I mean, aside from the update visuals, TWWHD isn't even cel-shading, which was a key element to the original's art style. It felt like a cartoon, whereas TWWHD just seems...blah. Unoriginal; generic in a sense.

I'm very disappointed in this switch, both the sudden announcement (especially since us fans were craving for MAJORA'S MASK 3D) and the different art style altogether. Don't get me wrong, TWWHD looks GREAT, but it didn't seem to translate all of TWW's charm, at least in art style.

The game looks stellar and I look forward to playing one of Zelda's finer romps in HD even if some of the magic is lost in transition.

My only request is that Nintendo take full advantage of the Nintendo Network. Miiverse integration as announced is great but incorporating online leaderboards for speedruns and the Savage Labyrinth would benice as well. Hopefully the Tingle Tuner feature will be present once more. I desire a full remake; while LA DX was a fine 3DS VC launch title, it felt incomplete due to its dearth of the printer feature.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I honestly can't wait :)

I cant understand what all the negativity is for.....Nintendo announces something for once and we all get disappointed? Am sure MM3D will happen, maybe on 3DS. However this remake looks awesome and with the HD graphics I still think it will keep the charm we all know TWW has, as well am also looking forward to seeing what twist's Nintendo will throw in! Maybe a MQ gamemode, a secret island Ect. Either way I am so psyched for this game now, can't wait to take to the Great Sea sailing in glorious HD :)

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Oh my god these are like the greatest graphics I've ever seen. They look absolutely gorgeous. Imagine cutscenes. Imagine sailing. Imagine boss battles. These graphics make WW's graphics look ugly.

ilu Nintendo

I honestly can't wait :)

I cant understand what all the negativity is for.....Nintendo announces something for onec and we all get disappointed? Am sure MM3D will happen, maybe on 3DS. However this remake looks awesome and with the HD graphics I still think it will keep the charm we all know TWW has, as well am also looking forward to seeing what twist's Nintendo will throw in! Maybe a MQ gamemode, a secret island Ect. Either way I am so psyched for this game now, can't wait to take to the Great Sea sailing in glorious HD :)

So completely agree with this, instead of giving us silence, Nintendo have given us an update of a brilliant full size home console game just so that we don't get bored waiting for ZeldaU, that is mighty fine of those guys and i don't think just because it isn't cel-shaded anymore that it should receive the negativity that i've seen so far. We'll get a Zelda game on the wii that isnt just a port in 2013 with updated gameplay and perhaps added content. (remember those two dungeons we never had?)

So yeah, im so excited for this, i dont have much faith in the future of Zelda and ive been calling for just remakes, and then they give me my favourite game to date is just wonderful, im happier for this than i would be with the announcement of an original title. Bring on the Wind Waking <3

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
This also makes me think if Wind Waker HD sales well than they will make Twilight Princess HD.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Well you know I was gonna wait a while until I get a Wii U, but then this happened. I hope they remake more Gamecube/Zelda games if they can make WW look this good. Would have preferred a Twilight Princess remake, but beggars can't be choosers.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Okay, I'm not even sure WHAT to think about this.

I'm excited beyond belief. You have no idea. The Wind Waker was my first Zelda game, and a while back, my save file got corrupted, so I haven't found the will to really play it since then. But this will offer the perfect motivation, and with endless possibilities for new features or looks, I'm genuinely, justifiably ecstatic.

...But I'm sort of with Ventus, as well. This was seriously the LAST thing I expected – and, as much as I love The Wind Waker, the last thing I wanted. I could have handled Majora's Mask 3D, and I would have been overwhelmingly happy for LttP or any other 2D remake. Even Twilight Princess could have majorly benefitted from an upgrade, since I've never liked its graphics. But The Wind Waker was the one Zelda game I never considered for a remake, one that I thought was absolutely perfect, at least graphics-wise, in its current form.

Like Ventus said, it looks really great, and I'll love it all the same – but... it's NOT the same! Agh, I'm just sad it's not cel-shaded anymore!

But I'm elated that Nintendo finally announced something (not to mention all those hints Aonuma gave us for the NEW new Wii U Zelda game) and I'll definitely be getting this. But I'm going to sort of miss the cel-shaded, cutsey, adorable GameCube graphics, you know?

Huh, I'm just so back-and-forth over whether I REALLY like this or not. Regardless, it's a new Zelda game, and I'll love it just like any other game in the series. And, hey, if there's Tingle Tuner without requiring a stupid GBC connector/link cable thingy (whatever it's called), that alone is enough to remake it in my eyes! And Miiverse? Sooo exciting! It sounds amazing!

Kirino

Tatakae
Comparison.

468px-Comparison_5.png

468px-Comparison_5_-_HD.jpg

<3

Din Akera

Sniper
It honestly isn't the same as the original TWW. I mean, aside from the update visuals, TWWHD isn't even cel-shading, which was a key element to the original's art style. It felt like a cartoon, whereas TWWHD just seems...blah. Unoriginal; generic in a sense.

Though I am not a fan of TWW and would never have asked or hoped for an HD release, I am interested in this. I wouldn't say I'm excited, but I am interested. I disliked the cel-shading of TWW, which is not something that I have ever been quiet about. This new art style for the series might actually let fans that were not as fond of the cel-shading enjoy the art more.

I'm not sure that I will enjoy the game more with a different graphics set, but I see the potential. IN a lot of ways the screenshots remind me of Skyward Sword. However, I am very, very excited for the HD Twilight Princess.

I'm glad Windfall Island is looking amazing, but the fact that it only showed this one island to me personally feels like they're pretty early in developing this game.

I want to see how beautiful Forest Haven looks. Can anyone else imagine it? Too awesome ...

masterSword2

Smile!
The Wind Waker was my first LoZ game, so I'm pretty pumped to be able to play it again in HD.I didn't get the WiiU at launch because I wasn't all that interested in enough of the games. I have now been given a reason to get a WiiU:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom