• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

So... What Do You Guys Think of the New Legendaries (so Far)?

Design-wise...

Xerneas
XY_Prerelease_Xerneas.png

Yveltal
XY_Prerelease_Yvigneltal.png

(source)

Austin

Austin
Like the look of Xerneas, not crazy about the name but I don't hate it either. I think it's great to see a legendary that isn't a) a dragon of some kind or b)ridiculous-looking (looking at you Keldeo).

Yveltal looks a bit more generic but not overly so. Also his name is cool, I really like names I can't pronounce. No sarcasm.

I don't know what it is but when I look at Xerneas, Virizion pops into my head. I think it's because they have similar body structures but I know they are completely different to each other. With Yveltal it's the same but with Terrakion, it's because of those horns on Yveltal head. I'm not saying their uncreative, I do think the designs are awesome, but when I look at them those two Pokémon come to mind.

I'm quite curious as to what their Types would be. Yveltal definitely screams Dragon, but what it's other type could be I'm not sure, I guess it could be just Dragon, but I doubt that. As for Xerneas I think that's definitely a Grass type paired with something else, I don't see this one being part Dragon type, so I have no clue.

Yeah... the first thing that came to mind when I saw Xerneas was its similarities to Arceus (in my opinion, at least). The other one kinda gave off a Groudon vibe to me, but meh... :/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
A pony/reindeer and a bird; perfect combination! :brow:

I think the looks of both legendaries are sort of goofy...not that is a bad thing, but I can't take a quoteunquote Legendary Pokemon very seriously if it doesn't LOOK serious. When I see Xerneas I see "rainbows" which, totally unrelated, reminds me of ASDFmovie...and when I'm reminded of comedy, I don't take things seriously. :I

Deeds

no text
Xerneas looks so cool. I think it's rare for a legendary pokemon to have such contrast in colours. I think the number of antlers is perfect, if it lacked antlers it wouldn't look as special - it is legendary after all.
What's puzzling me is the size of it, I can't compare it to anything in the picture. If I compared it to the tree, that would just be ridiculous seeing as the tree is 2x wider then the pokemon itself. I could be wrong though, this may be an extremely small legendary. Someone fill me in?

Austin

Austin
What's puzzling me is the size of it, I can't compare it to anything in the picture. If I compared it to the tree, that would just be ridiculous seeing as the tree is 2x wider then the pokemon itself. I could be wrong though, this may be an extremely small legendary. Someone fill me in?

I think the tree is just really large, not that the Pokemon is super tiny.

Just in case you guys don't know, the pronunciation of Xerneas is Zern-ee-us and the pronunciation of Yveltal is ee-vell-tall. My source is Serebii.net.

Anyway, I started out only liking Yveltal, but after seeing more of Xerneas, I'm starting to like it more.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
Xeerneas looks pretty cool to me. I like how it wasn't a blatant X like Yveltal is blatantly a Y. Yveltal still looks pretty epic, though. I'm guessing Zeerneas is a Psychic/Grass type and Yveltal is a Dark/Dragon type.

Yggdrassil theory. The Tree of Life, Yggdrasil, has four animals associated with it. A HAWK, a squirrel, a dragon, and a STAG. But wait, there's more. As is visible in the trailer, the tree by Xerneal is massive. A giant tree? Gee, that sounds like YGGDRASIL.

I've said this sevral times and i shall say it again. Xerneas reminds me of that deer spirit thing off of "Studio Ghibli's Princess Mononoke "

princess-mononoke-deer02.jpg

legendary-mascot-x-3.jpg

I actually like the look of the new legendary Pokemon. Lately we have been having nothing but legendary dragons, it's good to see something different.

Yggdrassil theory. The Tree of Life, Yggdrasil, has four animals associated with it. A HAWK, a squirrel, a dragon, and a STAG. But wait, there's more. As is visible in the trailer, the tree by Xerneal is massive. A giant tree? Gee, that sounds like YGGDRASIL.

I typically try to avoid the whole spam thing, but <3...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom