• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Just watched Moonrise Kingdom last night, and I can easily say it's one of the most unique, adorable films I've ever seen. Wes Anderson really did a good job with it, the whole sixties style and childish wonder of the film is amazing. I loved every second of it. 10/10.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
Loopers

The concept of this movie is very interesting, but it's execution not so much. I'll give it a 6/10 because I love time travel.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
The Impossible

It's difficult to give this a rating because I did really enjoy watching the film but I know I will never watch it ever again as long as I live. Not because it's bad but because it's not really a film you could ever watch more than once. With that in mind, I would say go see it because it is good but don't expect to have, like, a new favourite film or anything. It's worth watching, like.

7/10

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

2/10 - what the hell happened? (usually saying that about Twin Peaks would be a good thing but not this time) 2points for Keifer Sutherland and David Bowie but neither lasted long =[

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well I have watched this film before but I saw it on yesterday so I decided to watch it again.....

The movie is called The 5th Quarter, its a very sad movie and its about a young aspiring American football player who decided to go out for a drive with his mates and unfortunately because his friend was trying to show off he crashed the car. So the kid died and the movie is basically about the struggles of his family and his older brother using him as inspiration to make it in professional American Football

I would give it an 8.7/10 due to the film portraying these real life story and giving it justcice :)

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Artist

I think this one won an academy award. It's a modern day silent film and surprisingly engaging. Charming and well written story. Not to mention excellent and unconventional acting by the players (unconventional because silent films aren't exactly commonplace nowadays). Charmingly refreshing and captivating. Outstanding performances and a refreshing break from the moody melodramas and high octane shoot-em-ups. Music is appropriately not irritating as well!

Hard to rate this one so I think I'll just say "See it. It's good." and leave it at that.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
Les Misérables. Possibly my favourite film ever! It's got laughter in it, but it get's extremely sad at points. I'm not ashamed to say I wept copiously at multiple places during the film. 9.999999999.../10

Keeseman

Smash is Life
The last movie I really remember watching was weeks ago, but here it is:

The Hobbit: 19/20.

First of all, I use a 20 scale because I prefer whole numbers, and 9/10 would not be accurate for this movie. (and out of 100 is just too much)

The Hobbit: Amazing. It's Lord of the Rings, so it naturally is awesome. As a LotR prequel, this is amazing. However, there were a couple parts that made it lose the 1 point (spoiler-heavy):

The freaking giant Goblin king:

What was with that guy? Why did he have a beard made of fat? He wasn't done very well.

The Eagles:

Why don't they talk? They should be talking. Gandalf isn't their master; they are a free race, and even have a monarchy (one of the ones who saved them would have been the Prince of Eagles). They talk in the book, and I would have liked them to talk in the movie.

Animation:

Quite a few of the sequences that were CGI heavy looked too, well, CGI heavy. Basically, the quality of the movie was so good that it looked unrealistic, and kind of ruined a couple parts for me (especially the part where the dwarves escape from the Goblin lair)

Despite these minor details, it was an amazing movie. Martin Freeman played an asounding Bilbo, there was great dwarvish comic relief, and they did that dwarvish song with such skill. Also, I loved the troll scene. It's great to now be able to picture what a lot of the book tried to convey, but didn't do too well.

Most movies don't get near 20/20 with me (the basis for that is pretty much Star Wars IV and V, the LotR trilogy, or the Princess Bride), so the Hobbit did very well by my standards.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Hey Keeseman! About your animation point. I actually liked that about the movie. It made it look "toony" which I think fits with the rather light hearted fairy tale-esque nature of the Hobbit that sets it apart from the LotR series which is a bit darker and more serious. Dwarves and Hobbits are naturally highly dexterous. Even Legolas' CGI animation looked a bit similar to that but I think it was more exaggerated in The Hobbit for a reason.

It may also have something to do with the increased FPS the film was shot in which some people have remarked on. I actually didn't notice much of a difference except for a wide panning shot near the beginning that made me a bit nauseous for a second or two :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom