• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What is Gold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... what that "gold" thing that has started appearing beside everyone's profile?

What does "gold" represent? How do you earn "gold"? What can you do with "gold"?

None of this makes sense! D:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Gold is a form of currency earned in the following manner:
10 gold for making a thread
5 gold for posting otherwise (only posts that count; doesn't include Forum Games to my knowledge)

It will be used to purchase things in the upcoming Market. For now it serves no purpose other than to accumulate, but soon enough we will be able to buy things like custom title glow, pet Pokemon, etc.b :)

Kirino

Tatakae
I know right? I just came on one day and was like "Gold? Da fuq is gold?' The idea seems pretty cool though. It could encourage people to be more active. I'm also liking the market idea.

Kirino

Tatakae
If you can only gain 5 or 10 gold at a time, how is it possible to have 4 gold?

Also, I think it would be better if gold was changed to rupees. Just super saiyan.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
[1.] If you can only gain 5 or 10 gold at a time, how is it possible to have 4 gold?

[2.]Also, I think it would be better if gold was changed to rupees. Just super saiyan.

1. I'm not sure yet.

2. While the site is largely Zelda-oriented, we still have Pokemon and Darksiders to consider. It would show obvious bias towards Zelda to use the Rupees alone, and probably wouldn't be fair to others. Therefore, it's for the best that a neutral currency is implemented, if only for the time being. As the Market/VBshop continues to grow, then additional changes are surely to be made.

Kirino

Tatakae
Yeah, I completely forgot about DD and PD. I've also just noticed that Locke has 10,000,000,000,000,000 Gold. I'm guessing it's a Mod/Admin thing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I had thought about changing it to Gil or Zenny as well. Never really thought of a good generic type of currency for all things but it can be named pretty much whatever we want it to.

If you're taking requests, I would absolutely love for you to change it to Fol (the currency used in the Star Ocean series). Gil and Zenny sound nice, but Zenny is far too generic for my tastes lol. :D

Kirino

Tatakae
If you're taking requests, I would absolutely love for you to change it to Fol (the currency used in the Star Ocean series). Gil and Zenny sound nice, but Zenny is far too generic for my tastes lol. :D

I've never heard of a Zenny before in my life.

Anyways, we could just call them points, coins, or tokens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom