• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you want to be when you grow older?

Well, I'm 20 years old, and I still haven't figured it out. I like creating things like video games and music. I would prefer to do something with music, but its kinda hard to get going in the music business. As far as college goes, I've went through a few majors. I started out wanting to be a vet, then I switched to a doctor, then a pharmacist, now I'm doing business. Its not that I have done a lot of work, just a lot of career switching, :D. But I hope I end up finding something that I will enjoy.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I suppose I'm in the "older" range that this question is referring to, so I'll say that I am happy I got to where I am right now. I always wanted to draw for a living as a child, and now I am able to do just that.

But since this question it's not "when you are an adult" and just "older" then I will say I want to be retired when I grow older now. :P

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I believe I might have changed my mind on this topic. What I really want to be able to do in the future is to run some kind of "Lodge" or something similar. And I would also want a "shop" in which I had canoes, hiking equipment, binoculars etc. to both sell and rent out for tourists. I would want to run my business in a tropical country such as Costa Rica or similar. That would be wonderful :)

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Well, over the past couple of months, I've somewhat thought about this, because, well, I need to know. haha
While I do not have a plan A, per se, but I have a plan B, C, and maybe a D and an E. All of these will kick in after I graduate from University.
Either: I will go back to school, and just do more classes. Just try to find a job and figure out what I want to do. Education so I can teach. Or, Try and figure out what kind of Geography I have the most interest in, and try to do something with that.

While it'd be nice to actually know what I want to do, at least I have some ideas/back-up plans.

K

KelseyRain

Most definitely an actor. Broadway, movies, theatre's, whatever. It's my passion man. I'm actually planning to go to NYU for Musical Theatre, then after that, go to University of Hawaii for a major in Marine Biology and minor in asian theatre. (: Fo sho (:

I suppose I could be a voice actor too...like for video games and stuff. (:

I am so gonna fail in life.
Out of all the reasons, the main one is that I still don't know what to be when I grow up.
I'm going to be in high school after summer, so I hope by the time 4 years pass (hopefully), I have an idea.

K

KelseyRain

I'm pretty sure you will. Notice your talents, and what subjects interest you in school. Do really well in those subjects, and learn more about that particular subject. Like, if you really love history and art, you could study paintings or ruins.

T

Teeler

I want to go into the field of sports medicine. I've grown up playing sports most of my childhood, but I know that there is almost no chance of me to become a professional. Thats when I decided that I would combine sports with becoming a doctor, (which I've always wanted). I think it would be a great career for me, and I can't wait to see if I will ever make it into the career.

midnightokami

Can I has cheese burger?
Really never thought about it much. Maybe a top secret FBI agent that solves many mysteries and crime. My second choice would be a psychologist. :)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Hmm, i'd like to be either a:

Microbiologist
Neuro surgeon (brain surgeon)
Virologist

as you can see i'm clearly obsessed with science and biology! :)

silent lion

ReDead
The systems they use to stay alive in extreme conditions are so fascinating.

And years in the future, who knows, the research could make us all cold-proof or something.

Me, I'm doing English with cretive writing at university next year. I'm not sure where to take that, I've got three years to change my mind but at the moment I seem to be going for being a journalist. See the world, write about it, inform people.

I'm currently in grad-school studying aviation safety. I hope to work in an airline in their safety department. Or i could work for the National Transportation Safety Board and investigate aircraft accidents. This is like CSI, but for airplane crashes. 1.5 more years of school!

Vash03

Needz Moar.... Zelda, NAO
I love music, and of course any music lover, especially in the rock area hates the industry... they think that it destroyed rock, and the musician sold out when he was signed. I've wanted to own my own label since I was probably 12.. I'm actually in school for business and history of music... I am the most horrid person in the eyes of rock lovers everywhere. But I don't want that same thing.. I want to sign the guys that I like.. Promote the hell out of them... And then when they make it I want to know that they made it with my help, just me promoting.. I don't want to stand in the studio and critique them as they are recording.. I want them as raw as they were when I found them on the streets. I don't care if I fail. I probably will... but I'm going to do this. I will start out promoting for an already known record label. Then move up to scout and learn how the whole business runs. After a few years get maybe a partner at first and open it up. Later hire a staff.. But I will never ruin their musical feel. I refuse.. I'll go broke first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom