• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 7 - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Assuming I'm mafia because I haven't posted yet? I play baseball, im in band, and I'm studying for finals, and if you think Im going to let this game take up my time so I don't get pegged as mafia then you're surely mistaken.
10 possible mafia! That hardly ever happens, and I highly doubt that Axle would make such a large mafia for a beginners game. If I recall correctly, beginners games tend to have 3-4 mafia members. 10 just adds so many people to add suspicions on, and quite frankly it is a ridiculous amount to say. 1 Townie, and 5 possible town. Are you a mad man? You do realize your suspicions are showing that mafia most likely out numbers town ALREADY. This means the game would be over already. I highly suggest you broaden your list, because as of right now your list is quite improbable. Also, a majority of your assumptions are based off one sole action. This is ridiculous.
The only prime candidate I can see for a vote at this moment is Darknut_Hunter, as he hasn't convinced me he isn't scum.
Vote: Darknut_Hunter

Forgive me for not knowing what everyone does outside here, because my all seeing eyes apparently don't see that far. :right: And, I assume those who do not post often are mafia because they posted once, and after all this still nothing. And from now on I will take into account that you have a fair ammount to do with your life. Anyone else like to share what they do?

Ahem, now I know how many mafia there are and townie, as Axle stated in his beginning post. 4 mafia with a Godfather, 1 cop, 1 doctor and 10 other townies. Tada! 5-12 Okay, with that done I move on to what I'd really like to say here. Yes not all 10 can be mafia, that would be totally rediculous. But am I supposed to pick out only five? What if everyone is being suspicious in my eyes, well they can't all be mafia. But that still means any one of them could be mafia, some with higher percentages. In my case, there are ten suspicions. They can't all be mafia, but each one of them is a probability.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Yes, and you're not voting for him. Why? It seems to be as if you keep defending him. Why would this be?

Let's look at this evidence, people:

At first, this seemed like an inquiry as to whether or not he actually role claimed. I was suspicious, but I let it go at first.

Then you said this:

Ah, the classic Mafia cover-up technique: "I got confused". Noob claiming works very well; I missed this at first. But now it seems as if this may be more than just simple confusion.

Now we come to Exhibit C:

Notice this: even though she agrees with me that he should be lynched, she does not vote for him. Why is this?

I call scum. But we're not going for GWAF just yet. Anyway, if I die tonight, we know one of the Mafioso.

EBWODP: Sorry, if I die, make that 2 possible Mafia members, being both DH and GWAF, seeing that one is attempting to cover for the other.

I think your reading too much into my confusion as I explained that in the FMA mafia- we actually have names to claim. Does that make sense? I was agreeing with your flaw in his argument not that he should be lynched. Im not sure if this is trickery or his playing style because this is how hes doing it in FMA too. Youre attempting to put words into my mouth because I didnt vote the way youre pushing people to which is pretty scummy even IRL, because the Jury doesnt vote till they have all the evidence. So far all we have is flip flopping. My vote for you, sir, is random and will change if I have sufficient evidence.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
GWAF said:
I think your reading too much into my confusion as I explained that in the FMA mafia- we actually have names to claim. Does that make sense? I was agreeing with your flaw in his argument not that he should be lynched. Im not sure if this is trickery or his playing style because this is how hes doing it in FMA too. Youre attempting to put words into my mouth because I didnt vote the way youre pushing people to which is pretty scummy even IRL, because the Jury doesnt vote till they have all the evidence. So far all we have is flip flopping. My vote for you, sir, is random and will change if I have sufficient evidence.

Don't worry, I'm not hating on you because you RV'd for me. I understand that it was an RV, and am not 'picking on you' for that reason.

I simply stated my suspicions of you, seeing how you practically agreed with me that he was scum, but didn't vote- making it seem as if you were on his side.
I can't make you vote, but if you have agreed with me, then it would make sense that you voted with me.

Besides, this isn't real life; we don't have time to submit "all the evidence". Mafia doesn't work that way.

Anyway, my position still stands. Seems quite suspicious to me, but I digress.

GirlWithAFairy

Man... the ****???
Don't worry, I'm not hating on you because you RV'd for me. I understand that it was an RV, and am not 'picking on you' for that reason.

I simply stated my suspicions of you, seeing how you practically agreed with me that he was scum, but didn't vote- making it seem as if you were on his side.
I can't make you vote, but if you have agreed with me, then it would make sense that you voted with me.

Besides, this isn't real life; we don't have time to submit "all the evidence". Mafia doesn't work that way.

Anyway, my position still stands. Seems quite suspicious to me, but I digress.

I wanted to give him the opportunity to defend himself before I gave my vote. As he hasnt that kind of confirms that hes been outed and has no retort in his defence.

Unvote:Keeseman
Vote: DH

Edit to fix bolded words

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I wanted to give him the opportunity to defend himself before I gave my vote. As he hasnt that kind of confirms that hes been outed and has no retort in his defence.

Unvote:Keeseman
Vote: DH

Edit to fix bolded words

Actually the day ended yesterday so any votes past that don't count. That's why I didn't defend myself. Right now we're just Twilight Posting so nothing else can actually happen. Not that it matters anyway. I did the best I could to convince you guys to but it was for naught due to my own careless mistake. As I said, I left my own list of suspects and when Axle comes to announce my death, I hope you all will take them to heart.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I honestly don't think the mafia would kill you even if you were town, Darknut. You're too hot right now- doing so would confirm that you were right. They'd rather leave you alive and leave us pressing you even more.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I honestly don't think the mafia would kill you even if you were town, Darknut. You're too hot right now- doing so would confirm that you were right. They'd rather leave you alive and leave us pressing you even more.

Well they wouldn't NK me certainly. However I'm sure that at least one of the people who voted for me is scum. It makes sense to get me that way. I made a questionable post and they struck or jumped on board as a chance to off me. This kind of discussion is what you need to be having. Not talking about whose RV was more suspicious. If my dying is going to help you, then that'll make a town win that much better.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Just a question, though: aren't 9 votes needed for a majority lynch? Don't you need to get 9 votes in order to be lynched? Unless I understood that wrong, I'm pretty sure you're still okay.

Besides, a bit less than half of the players have been inactive for days- if not the whole time. Makes the game less interesting, but whatever.

EBWODP: Just to clarify, you have 6 votes total at this time, Darknut_Hunter. I'm not sure whether or not you've been lynched with only 6.

Last edited:
Before I go over the votes and death scene, a few quick notes...

Edit to fix bolded words
Forgiven this once, but in the future just double post instead, even if it auto-merges. It's against the rules to edit regardless of your reason. ;)

Actually the day ended yesterday so any votes past that don't count. That's why I didn't defend myself. Right now we're just Twilight Posting so nothing else can actually happen. Not that it matters anyway. I did the best I could to convince you guys to but it was for naught due to my own careless mistake. As I said, I left my own list of suspects and when Axle comes to announce my death, I hope you all will take them to heart.
It isn't Twilight unless I declare Twilight or you reach the number of votes for Majority Lynch. ;)

Just a question, though: aren't 9 votes needed for a majority lynch? Don't you need to get 9 votes in order to be lynched? Unless I understood that wrong, I'm pretty sure you're still okay.

Besides, a bit less than half of the players have been inactive for days- if not the whole time. Makes the game less interesting, but whatever.

EBWODP: Just to clarify, you have 6 votes total at this time, Darknut_Hunter. I'm not sure whether or not you've been lynched with only 6.
A Majority Lynch happens when someone reaches the number of votes I say are needed for a majority (or just... that are the majority :P ). When that happens, it's automatic Twilight and no more votes or unvotes count. DH assumed we were already in Twilight because I got to this later than the deadline, but votes could still have changed as I had not yet declared Twilight and Majority hadn't been reached.

Alright, then, moving on...

(Votes)
Darknut_Hunter: 5 (Raindrop14, Keeseman, Furie, TheMasterSword, GirlWithAFairy)
Keeseman: 1 (Violet)
Raindrop14: 1 (New Link)
Timeless: 1 (Heroine of Time)
New Link: 1 (RegalBryant)
TheMasterSword: 1 (Darknut_Hunter)

Didn't Vote: Dr3W21, JuicieJ, Mido, PokaLink, Rachel, Timeless, univpark

The effort to discover the identities of the criminals began with a series of rapid, wild accusations being flung back and forth between a large number of the group, with a gradually shrinking group of people who stayed silent; by the end, 7 out of the 17 stayed quiet and removed from the discussion and the final vote.

As the arguing continued, it gradually but fluidly evolved into a real discussion as a few began to pick apart the behavioral patterns of the rest. By the time the day was nearing its end, several intense investigations (or rather, scrutinies of wording and reactions) had gained momentum and there were a handful of prime targets for execution. The arguing continued as these people scrambled to defend themselves at the same time as their accusers argued amongst each other over which selection was the best one. Eventually, however, the sun began to set and everyone was tired, so though no true majority had been reached, the person with the most votes was still chosen for execution: Darknut_Hunter, one of the most active participants in the debates and indeed, the first to accuse anyone for real.

Everyone in the group seemed to dislike his tone of indifference at a poor choice for a lynch, stating that they'd narrow down the list of possible criminals. This painted him as suspicious in their eyes, and he was never able to recover. In true keeping with his own controversial statements, his response to his impending execution was largely indifference; he simply hoped that they would take his suspects into serious consideration now.

A simple hanging was prepared. Respectful and relatively quick, though not painless. He died with minimal struggling.

As everyone retreated into their motel rooms for the night in fear of the criminals and in need of a good night's sleep, all could hear the footsteps and the cruel laughing in the parking lot, but no one dared to investigate or try to find out who was missing from their rooms in fear of being killed. But five footsteps could be heard; clearly, the criminals' numbers had not been thinned.

Darknut_Hunter was a regular Townie.

The criminals were now out on the prowl, and no one was safe. Meanwhile the brave Cop and Doctor also took to the night, determined to make a positive difference while keeping their identities secret from the murderers.

(The Living: 16)
Dr3W21
Furie
GirlWithAFairy
Heroine of Time
JuicieJ
Keeseman
Mido
New Link
PokaLink
Rachel
Raindrop14
RegalBryant
TheMasterSword
Timeless
univpark
Violet

(The Dead)
Darknut_Hunter - Townie - Lynched Day 1

Night 1 Begins

Godfather, Cop, and Doctor, PM me your targets by Thursday the 13th.

That night there were more screams. Everyone -- save for those who were prowling -- woke up in the night but didn't dare unlock the doors to check the parking lot outside. Everyone knew what was going on: Like on the first night, the criminals were on the prowl, offing a new victim. No one wanted to get caught in the middle of that.

Furie had locked her door like all the others when the cruel laughing began in the parking lot, but, when someone came banging on her door, crying for help, she made the mistake of opening it. Immediately the five criminals poured in and attacked, rightfully confident that none would have the courage to investigate her screams, not yet aware that there was someone who was trying to track them.

When everyone else woke up in the morning and went to investigate the scene of the murder in the safety of daylight, they found Furie lying on the floor of her hotel room, motionless and riddled with stab wounds.

Furie had been an innocent Townie.

Disturbed but with a reinforced sense of urgency, everyone resumed their discussion, hoping that this time they would weed out one of the criminals.

PokaLink has been replaced by Atticus.

(The Living: 15)
Atticus
Dr3W21
GirlWithAFairy
Heroine of Time
JuicieJ
Keeseman
Mido
New Link
Rachel
Raindrop14
RegalBryant
TheMasterSword
Timeless
univpark
Violet

(The Dead)
Darknut_Hunter - Townie - Lynched Day 1
Furie - Townie - Killed Night 1

Day 2 Begins

The Day ends on Monday the 24th. Please ask specifically if you want an extension for the holidays or anything if we need this overall, I'm happy to provide it. Votes needed for a majority lynch is 8.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Furie was likely killed because she made some reasonable accusations, and the Mafia got scared. Let's go:

Furie said:
IGMEOY: Raindrop 14

Your post was very insightful, and not incorrect. However, I can't help but feel that you may be tricking us yourself. It would be just like a mafioso to lull us with logical statements.

Not sure if being helpful,
Or clever mafioso tricking us with sound logic.

So, this was an early game guess, reasonable suspicion, but not based on much evidence. Just a quick guess. Next:

Furie said:
I agree with Keeseman.

IGMEOY: Univpark.

This was based on the previously suspicious statement by univpark:

univpark said:
Eh!? Random voting already? Then I think I'll lay low for a while until someone acts suspicious~

She hasn't said anything since then.

Now, I won't go into Darknut_Hunter, as he is dead and was a townie. Afterwards she mistakenly claimed Rainy hadn't changed her vote. It was a silly mistake, so it may be able to be ignored.

So the suspicions we have from the dead townies:

Darknut_Hunter: TheMasterSword, univpark (also considered Furie, but she's dead...)
Furie: Raindrop14, univpark (again, DH is dead)

univpark is a common suspicion between the two dead townies, because, as DH said:

Darknut_Hunter said:
she came in, saw everything, and left.

Let us examine who all did this:

JuiceJ: He put up a YouTube video of Metroid music, and hasn't said anything since. I can't take anything from this, though.
New Link: He voted back on Raindrop as a kind of joke revenge, but hasn't said anything since. I'm leaning more to town on this one, but I can't tell, as he's said little.
Violet: She hasn't said anything since she RV'd me, or even after Rainy pointed an FoS at her. Refer to Rainy's previous statement about her.
Dr3W21: Haven't seen too much since early game, but I don't think he's too suspicious.
RegalBryant: RV'd, then hasn't said anything. Kind of suspicious, as his vote for New Link was:

RegalBryant said:
Because you're the only one whose name I don't recognize.

Not very random. Could be innocent, could be mafia desperate for a townie lynch.
univpark: Like I said, made one post about "laying low" and then left.
Rachel: Posted once about RVing, and hasn't spoken since. I don't understand why; can't tell on this one.

So I see a couple suspicious persons out of this list. I'll list them in order of who I think is most suspicious.

FoS: univpark, Violet, RegalBryant

I'd say univpark is the most suspicious, and the other two being just more suspicious than the rest. The others I cannot take as much from, as they have not said enough to draw suspicions on them.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
I have this gut feeling that Raindrop is scum. I don't quite know how to explain my reasoning yet, however I am extremely confident in him being scum. I'll give my reasoning soon

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Alright guys, like Axle said, I'll be your replacement for PokaLink. Before I jump into my post, I wanted to make sure I got this across. I will not be online Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's a house rule that I cannot have computer access on those days. I wanted to make this clear so no one thinks my inactiveness (Is that a word?) comes off as scummy. Don't say I didn't inform you. :P

TheMasterSword said:
I have this gut feeling that Raindrop is scum. I don't quite know how to explain my reasoning yet, however I am extremely confident in him being scum. I'll give my reasoning soon
Don't mean to be picky, but Rainy is a girl.

Now, let's get this started. I've been reading this thread often, and I've narrowed down to one particular suspect. You may or may not know her as...

Raindrop14: Rainy, regardless of how much experience you have, you come off very scummy. I don't know if that's just how you play, or you're doing it accidentally; you make yourself look like scum. If you'd like me to provide proof, then I'll do so.
And I'd like to share my suspicions on all of the people of this game:

Darknut_Hunter: Seems to have made a large slip up in his previous post, and wheather he be town or mafia I cannot tell. But from what I've seen I deem him as %90 mafia.
Dr3W21: Not seen much of him, could be mafia laying low. %50 chance for either.
Furie: I've seen lots of helpfulness for townies with him, but as he reasoned before with me, he could try to be doing that to avert our eyes elsewhere. ;) But as his tactics seem not to be useless, I'd say %80 town.
GirlWithAFairy: Not seen much of her, looks the same as a new player would act in a mafia game. So I can't say much. %50 chance of either.
Heroine of Time: She was one of my suspicions earlier, her doing the RV thing along with others. But I haven't seen enough to say much. %50 chance of either.
JuicieJ: He only posted at the beginning and hasn't said anything. So I'm leaning towards mafia laying low, because perhaps he and DH are both mafia, and he doesn't want to help lynch his mafia buddy. %65 mafia.
Keeseman: He's been giving sound evidence for his suspicions, but that could also mean that he's an active mafia member to appear town. I haven't seen enough of him to say much, so %50 chance for either.
Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.
New Link: Not seen much of him, except when he voted for me after I voted for him. This is very suspicious and I think he's a laying low mafia. So %70 mafia.
PokaLink: Haven't seen anything from him at all, could be not knowing what to do here, could be mafia not wanting to slip up after all this has happened. So I'd say %60 mafia.
Rachel: She said something about univpark's "laying low" and that was it. Could be she thinks there's nothing much to say, could be she's mafia "laying low" herself. I'd say %60 mafia.
RegalBryant: Say one post from him, with a vote due to senseless reasoning. I think he's %80 mafia, not knowing what to do in a situation like this.
TheMasterSword: His first and last post stated he'd lay back until some better posts came up, besides random votes which do nothing. And here we are, this is no random vote discussion. He hasn't come up, and thus I conclude he does not want to get into it, because he knows he'd have to say something, against his mafia bud. So, %80 mafia.
Timeless: He's been agreeing with people, but not saying much on the current matters at hand. Now he's made enough posts so as not to seem laying low, and from what he's said I can't say much. But I'd say %50 either.
univpark: She is very suspicious. Saying something about random votes at the beginning, and then she say she'll "lay low" until suspicious action happens. Well, here you go univpark. This whole matter is suspicious, and most of us are catching on to that. From what I see is she is in the same position as most people whom I think are mafia members here, she's not wanting to accuse a fellow mafia. Which leads me to believe that she herself is mafia. %80 mafia.
Violet: I've seen very suspicious things coming from her, first she wont RVS because it's silly. Then after it's explained, she does. Why? Well she doesn't want to seen not town is all. She "went with the flow" to appear town. %80 mafia.

And with that I'd say the mafia members are:

Violet
TheMasterSword
univpark
Darknut_Hunter
RegalBryant

I understand that you were most likely just expressing your opinions, but I decided to look past this. I see this as you trying to make yourself look innocent. Such as having all the Townies and Mafia look into those players you've listed as targets rather than looking at yourself as a target. Another thing about what a quoted that makes you look scummy is the amount of people you listed as possible Mafia members. I'm quite sure Axle would never allow that many Mafia members in a Beginner's Mafia Game.

I'd also like to quote Darknut_Hunter from his response to your post.

Darknut_Hunter said:
Yes, Mido is new to mafia, but I have yet to see a mistake come from his posts. Yet you make a statement about mistakes and list him as 55%. There is absolutely no found reasoning behind this that could lead you to this.

Another couple of people you mention bother me.

Both JJ and Drew have only posted once so far in this game, but you label Drew as 50-50 and JJ as 65% scum. That makes no sense because neither have made distinctly contributory posts or posts that could lead you in one direction or the other.

He has a point, a very big point at that. First, let me address Mido's situation. I've been reading his posts, and I also didn't catch any obvious mistakes, yet you go ahead and list him as 55% Mafia. You have no reasoning behind your decision at all other than a few possible noob mistakes that may or may not be present within his posts. I honestly think you're just very eager to lynch someone who's possibly a Townie. Scummy, very scummy.

Now to address JJ and Drew. Both of them have only posted once, and neither of them have voted. In technical terms, both of them are in the same position as one another (not same position as in roles, but rather the same position in posting and activity). Yet you cast your suspicions on one having more Mafia potential than the other. That, to me, makes no sense at all. That's something a Mafia member would do.

Vote: Raindrop14

You just seem like scum to me. Unless you can prove otherwise, my vote stands.

IGMEOY: univpark

You're inactiveness (Is that still a word?) has become even more suspicious considering this has now become the second day. I'll definitely keep my eye on you.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I understand that you were most likely just expressing your opinions, but I decided to look past this. I see this as you trying to make yourself look innocent. Such as having all the Townies and Mafia look into those players you've listed as targets rather than looking at yourself as a target. Another thing about what a quoted that makes you look scummy is the amount of people you listed as possible Mafia members. I'm quite sure Axle would never allow that many Mafia members in a Beginner's Mafia Game.

He has a point, a very big point at that. First, let me address Mido's situation. I've been reading his posts, and I also didn't catch any obvious mistakes, yet you go ahead and list him as 55% Mafia. You have no reasoning behind your decision at all other than a few possible noob mistakes that may or may not be present within his posts. I honestly think you're just very eager to lynch someone who's possibly a Townie. Scummy, very scummy.

Now to address JJ and Drew. Both of them have only posted once, and neither of them have voted. In technical terms, both of them are in the same position as one another (not same position as in roles, but rather the same position in posting and activity). Yet you cast your suspicions on one having more Mafia potential than the other. That, to me, makes no sense at all. That's something a Mafia member would do.

Vote: Raindrop14

You just seem like scum to me. Unless you can prove otherwise, my vote stands.

I shall direct you now to my resonses that I have already stated for these:

Ahem, now I know how many mafia there are and townie, as Axle stated in his beginning post. 4 mafia with a Godfather, 1 cop, 1 doctor and 10 other townies. Tada! 5-12 Okay, with that done I move on to what I'd really like to say here. Yes not all 10 can be mafia, that would be totally rediculous. But am I supposed to pick out only five? What if everyone is being suspicious in my eyes, well they can't all be mafia. But that still means any one of them could be mafia, some with higher percentages. In my case, there are ten suspicions. They can't all be mafia, but each one of them is a probability.

Mido: I know he's a new player, so slip ups from him will have to be taken less seriously because new people, Townie or no, will seem like mafia almost all the time when they make a mistake. But I'd say %55 mafia.

Forgive me for not knowing what everyone does outside here, because my all seeing eyes apparently don't see that far. :right: And, I assume those who do not post often are mafia because they posted once, and after all this still nothing. And from now on I will take into account that you have a fair ammount to do with your life. Anyone else like to share what they do?

If you'd like more, I should be happy to provide it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom